Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 35

Author Topic: Power Hungry Mafia - D3 - Game over, town and survivor win!  (Read 60183 times)

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
Re: Power Hungry Mafia - D1
« Reply #60 on: October 20, 2016, 10:03:07 am »

TWS

Hector13:
As I've already stated, that discussion was borne from my misinterpretation of what TBF was saying.

He was clarifying the question from FoU, whereas I thought he was revealing there was an assassin after him.

Anyhow, what am I being defensive about?
It doesn't really matter what you were talking about - the fact that you're jumping at him for questioning you is super sketchy. Especially here:
Of the multitude of posts made so far, why focus on that?
By the 'multitude of posts', you mean the six previous ones with hardly any content? Why would you rather he go after someone else?

I didn't say that, Chuckles, and I'd appreciate you not twisting my words.

I asked him why he focused on what he saw as a non-sequitur as opposed to you asking questions to only three of the players, TDS asking questions of no-one and throwing a vote back at you for voting him, and FoU asking hypothetical questions. Of all the things that had happened at that point, content was unlikely to be generated by asking someone about their speculation on a post-restriction.

Also, how does it not matter what I was talking about? I'm going to jump on people for the way they try to generate content irrespective of who they're doing it to. I misinterpreted what was happening, aye, but that doesn't change the fact not much content is going to be generated by asking someone about their speculation another player has an amusing post-restriction, is it?

You seem to be in the word-twisting business, though whether that's to draw a reaction from the questionee or something more nefarious... too early to tell.

FoU

FoU, 'cause at least one of those hypotheticals is him asking advice on how best to play his role.

Probably true, even if I don't know it yet. Anyways, how is that scummy?

Not scummy necessarily, but you've played in enough games to know how to play as Town, so I don't think you need advice on how to play that.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: October 20, 2016, 12:40:44 pm »

I refer you to the fact that this is a bastard game, and uses Xyblot roles. The only experience I have with those is from KOTM 5. A rather short game, if you remember.
A Thousand Treasures (And You).

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: October 20, 2016, 12:42:14 pm »

It's Xylbot, guys.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

juicebox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: October 20, 2016, 01:13:39 pm »

Imic: How are you going to find scum this game?

Hector: Suppose you are an alignment cop, but there is a chance that you aren't sane. How do you go about determining your sanity?

ReynTheLord: Would you rather be town, mafia, or third party?

FoU: I would just look out for anybody who was pushing for my lynch.

For the second one, I would probably claim it and hope that someone could get rid of it for me. Unless it was an inspect, in which case I wouldn't claim until I got useful results.

UXLZ: UXLZ, FoU, and TWS

TheWetSheep

• Bay Watcher
  • water covering (entire sheep)
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: October 20, 2016, 01:31:14 pm »

Hector: Didn't say what, that you'd rather he go after someone else? You didn't, but you certainly didn't seem happy about being questioned either.

TWS
I asked him why he focused on what he saw as a non-sequitur as opposed to you asking questions to only three of the players, TDS asking questions of no-one and throwing a vote back at you for voting him, and FoU asking hypothetical questions. Of all the things that had happened at that point, content was unlikely to be generated by asking someone about their speculation on a post-restriction.
Seems a little weak, don't you think? I mean, this is less than a page into RVS. And if those things you mentioned were as question-worthy as you say they are, why did you yourself only talk about the post restriction?

Also, how does it not matter what I was talking about? I'm going to jump on people for the way they try to generate content irrespective of who they're doing it to. I misinterpreted what was happening, aye, but that doesn't change the fact not much content is going to be generated by asking someone about their speculation another player has an amusing post-restriction, is it?
I wasn't challenging the validity of your argument, I was saying that it's suspicious that you focused so much on critiquing TBF's questions to you. Also, if you care so much about proper content-generation, why haven't you challenged any one else on it?

You seem to be in the word-twisting business, though whether that's to draw a reaction from the questionee or something more nefarious... too early to tell.
Are you trying to accuse me without actually starting an argument here or what?

TheDarkStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: October 20, 2016, 01:33:48 pm »

TDS:
Hey TheDarkStar! You're scum!

Hey, how'd you know!

jk TWS
Nice. What're you doing?
Voting for you, right now.

FoU: If you were mafia, who would you kill tonight?
Reyn: If you were a third-party survivor with a daykill, who would you kill right this instant?
Imic: If you were town with a daykill, when would you kill someone?
TBF: If you were town with a daykill, who would you kill right now, assuming that you couldn't decide not to kill anyone?
hector13: Why do you think I mention a daykill?
Don't die; it's bad for your health!

it happened it happened it happen im so hyped to actually get attacked now

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: October 20, 2016, 01:35:21 pm »

@TDS:You, for putting me in this hypothetical scenario.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

fillipk

• Bay Watcher
  • Everything is going as planned
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: October 20, 2016, 02:00:50 pm »

All these questions and none for me,
Hector why do you think that is?
ReynTheLord I think you have a post restriction, what do you say to that?
FoU If YoU hAd A mYsTeRy AbIlItY wOuLd YoU uSe It?
TBF now lets say you couldn't kill the person who put you in the hypothetical scenario, who would you kill then?
TWS do you find anything surprising about the role I made up in my previous post.  If you could swap your role for the role I made up would you?  How about if everybody knew you swapped for that role?
Giving waitlisted people the ability to murder non-responsive players was a great idea. Need to do that more often.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: October 20, 2016, 02:02:38 pm »

@filipk:Myself, because I don't like nested hypotheticals.

No, probably still FoU.
Sigtext

Imic

• Bay Watcher
  • Still sad
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: October 20, 2016, 02:03:04 pm »

@Juicebox

By quietly observing. And waiting for tommorrow, which is when things Should pick up.
Imic's no longer allowed to vote.
Quote from: smyttysmyth
Well aren't you cheery
Quote cabinet
Regrets every choice he made and makes, including writing this here.

fillipk

• Bay Watcher
  • Everything is going as planned
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: October 20, 2016, 02:03:15 pm »

@filipk:Myself, because I don't like nested hypotheticals.

No, probably still FoU.
Now elaborate please
Giving waitlisted people the ability to murder non-responsive players was a great idea. Need to do that more often.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: October 20, 2016, 02:11:03 pm »

juicebox

Hector:Suppose you are an alignment cop, but there is a chance that you aren't sane. How do you go about determining your sanity?

The best way to do it would be to target a confirmed role, though you would likely have to do it with both town and scum to be sure. An insane cop would give the opposite result, easy enough to test, but a paranoid or naive cop is a bit more difficult to pin down. Random obviously being the more difficult one test out. Kinda buggered if that were the case.

TWS

Hector: Didn't say what, that you'd rather he go after someone else? You didn't, but you certainly didn't seem happy about being questioned either.

I was unhappy about him questioning me. The questions weren't generating content.

TWS
Seems a little weak, don't you think? I mean, this is less than a page into RVS. And if those things you mentioned were as question-worthy as you say they are, why did you yourself only talk about the post restriction?

I found something else to pick up on at the time. I have since pressured FoU regarding those questions, and TDS has posted some of his own. You haven't followed up on your initial questions, why not?

I wasn't challenging the validity of your argument, I was saying that it's suspicious that you focused so much on critiquing TBF's questions to you. Also, if you care so much about proper content-generation, why haven't you challenged any one else on it?

Demonstrably false. I challenged UXLZ on their "choose three people at random" question, and FoU's hypotheticals.

Anyway, most of the folk who had posted had actually asked questions at that point, most of which had something to do with the game or some facet thereof.

TBF asked me about a throw-away comment, that would not generate content.

Are you trying to accuse me without actually starting an argument here or what?

Thinking out loud, and bringing it to the attention of others. Since you brought it up, though, perhaps you'd like to comment. How will twisting someone's words help you find scum?

TDS

hector13: Why do you think I mention a daykill?

Could be like FoU and you're trying to figure out how to best use your abilities.

Maybe you're worried that someone will daykill you instead of the traditional TDS N1 NK.

Maybe you're just trying to look as though you're doing something.

fillipk

All these questions and none for me,
Hector why do you think that is?

Nobody likes you.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

juicebox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: October 20, 2016, 03:23:24 pm »

Imic: Why wait for tomorrow? Seems like we're already getting some stuff to work with today?

Weirdo

• Bay Watcher
  • The Best Digi-Tamer EVER!
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: October 20, 2016, 04:23:17 pm »

I didn't say that, Chuckles, and I'd appreciate you not twisting my words.
Ha! Called him Chuckles!
I came this far. Erase my scars.

With enough duct tape you could fix anything. In Mother Russia duct tape fixes YOU!
SHIT I LIKE
U rike poetry?
MUTANT CYBERPUNK GAME!!!

ReynTheLord

• Bay Watcher
  • Edible beserk! now available in masterwork!
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: October 20, 2016, 05:19:31 pm »

URP, Firs of al, I wouldn't kill nobody *BURP*... Secondly, whasha post restriction...
I am currently trying to comprehend what sick, mad, dwarven mind came up with the fortress name "Lancefondled", because it wasn't me.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 35