Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 35

Author Topic: Power Hungry Mafia - D3 - Game over, town and survivor win!  (Read 60228 times)

Imic

• Bay Watcher
  • Still sad
    • View Profile
Re: Power Hungry Mafia - D1
« Reply #105 on: October 21, 2016, 12:21:51 am »

Oh, wow. This is what timezones can do...
Imic's no longer allowed to vote.
Quote from: smyttysmyth
Well aren't you cheery
Quote cabinet
Regrets every choice he made and makes, including writing this here.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: October 21, 2016, 12:25:05 am »

Oh, wow. This is what timezones can do...
Try living here where I wake up after several pages happen. Every game since I started. :P

Shakerag: Is it possible there are no Mafia in this game?
It is possible.
...Huh.
Shakerag: Is it possible that the game shall only continue if there are incompatible winconditions?

UXLZ: Why that question?

Imic

• Bay Watcher
  • Still sad
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: October 21, 2016, 12:31:38 am »

Shakerag: Is it possible that the game shall only continue if there are incompatible winconditions?
Are there any incompatible win conditions?
+1
Well aren't you cheery
Quote cabinet

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: October 21, 2016, 12:34:06 am »

+1
This is the context of alignment/wincon :P The theme of this game is power role, which is usually/mostly not even touching alignment (other than miller, etc, which adjusts the perception instead).
I'm asking because third-party + town settings, given the 'possible' mention there. Or any possible role ability that changes a person's alignment o_O [I don't have that if one is to reference my earlier claim]

Imic

• Bay Watcher
  • Still sad
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: October 21, 2016, 12:36:17 am »

+1
This is the context of alignment/wincon :P The theme of this game is power role, which is usually/mostly not even touching alignment (other than miller, etc, which adjusts the perception instead).
I'm asking because third-party + town settings, given the 'possible' mention there. Or any possible role ability that changes a person's alignment o_O [I don't have that if one is to reference my earlier claim]
What I was asking was if some mafia don't win since their win conditions are different.
In a game like this, it's possible.
Well aren't you cheery
Quote cabinet

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: October 21, 2016, 12:38:13 am »

+1
What I was asking was if some mafia don't win since their win conditions are different.
In a game like this, it's possible.
...Some mafia?
Context please. Clarify this thing you have. :O

Imic

• Bay Watcher
  • Still sad
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: October 21, 2016, 12:57:58 am »

There is another reason, I am going ro Limerick for reasons that were only recently revealed to me.
Essentially, I have a life and it's taking effect over the weekend, so we're a bit frantic. That's another "day 2" reason.
After all, most of ye are just throwing things at each other for no reason, so... Yeah.

Pre - post edit, oohps.
I mean that certain members of the mafia win when all vampire hunters with chainsaws are dead, while others win when all townies are dead. Looking back, this makes no sense, I wan't thinking. It's 6 in the morning here in ireland, I'm going to sleep again...
Well aren't you cheery
Quote cabinet

fillipk

• Bay Watcher
  • Everything is going as planned
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: October 21, 2016, 01:19:26 am »

Oh I should have less time to post this weekend because I'm going to a gaming con I'll try to post at night my time but no promises.
Giving waitlisted people the ability to murder non-responsive players was a great idea. Need to do that more often.

Shakerag

• Bay Watcher
  • Just here for the schadenfreude.
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: October 21, 2016, 09:09:38 am »

+1
I don't quite get what you're getting at Tiruin.
The game will continue until some player or players achieve their win condition.  If, somehow, there is a genuine stalemate then I'll call the game at that point.  There are no bastard win conditions in this game. 
Yes, there are incompatible win conditions.  So, sorry, there's no possible way for everyone to win.

ReynTheLord

• Bay Watcher
  • Edible beserk! now available in masterwork!
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: October 21, 2016, 09:58:56 am »

Urp, We Might have sum aliens in this ere town... URP.... (channeling my inner drunk) I fel Like some ayylmaos would be schumthin excitin for this e're wee town.
I am currently trying to comprehend what sick, mad, dwarven mind came up with the fortress name "Lancefondled", because it wasn't me.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: October 21, 2016, 10:06:12 am »

FoU:Name the three least visible people here.  As in, when you think of the players, you aren't thinking of them.

Fillipk. UXLZ. juicebox. And honestly, they're tied with Weirdo.

As hector suggested, I'm going to ask a question(or so) to each of dem folks now.
~~~
fillipk: Is there anything applicable to this game that you learned from modding that mafia with the circus? Big Top Mafia, methinks?
UXLZ: Ask me three questions, please.
juicebox: Hypothetical scenario: You have an ability that lets you target two players(and you may target yourself), and cause all players targeting one of them to switch targeting to the other. Basically, bussing. Are there any gambits you may produce with said ability as town/mafia/cult/sk-ally?
Weirdo: Hypothetical scenario: suppose you're a cult leader and you have an ability that lets you send messages to but not read the mafia chat. How(or not) would you use it?
~~~
Tiruin: Don't count yourself out of the night game just because the only active night ability you have is an inspect. Knowing xyblot, quite a few of us are going to be gaining abilities over the course of this game.
~~~
FoU: tell me one thing each of your hypothetical questions (that was not asked to everybody) has revealed in its answer.
Ha. Haha. No.
I'll do that once you tally up every answer to every hypothetical question I asked in a single post.

But I'll give you a follow through: I think, basically, what you're saying here, is that I should not be asking the hypothetical scenario questions because they don't benefit town as much as other questions.
My response:
As much as the other questions? I'm fairly sure that the purpose of RVS questions is to "shake things up", which is exactly what they're doing. In fact, they may be benefiting town even more by supplying me with ideas on how to use my abilities. Because I'm town.
~~~
Urp, We Might have sum aliens in this ere town... URP.... (channeling my inner drunk) I fel Like some ayylmaos would be schumthin excitin for this e're wee town.
Did you just use an inspection ability?
A Thousand Treasures (And You).

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

UXLZ

• Bay Watcher
  • God Eater
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: October 21, 2016, 10:09:11 am »

UXLZ: Ask me three questions, please.

Why do you want me to ask you three questions?
Why do you think I am one of the least visible players?
Between hector and BiggerFish, who is scummier?

Also, who the hell is Weirdo?
Ahhh~ She looked into your eyes,
And saw what laid beneath,
Don't try to save yourself,
The circle is complete.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: October 21, 2016, 10:13:37 am »

Why do you want me to ask you three questions?
Why do you think I am one of the least visible players?
Between hector and BiggerFish, who is scummier?

Also, who the hell is Weirdo?
Four questions. Good...
One. To get you more active. And to generate conversation.
Two. Because I haven't seen you post as much as the other players. Or it might be my bias based on having not played with you before. Probably.
Three. Fish hasn't produced enough content for me to make a good judgement on him, but hector's leaning scum a bit more than Fish. Because he's jumping on the really little things in order to "find scum".
Four. A player in this game, apparently.
A Thousand Treasures (And You).

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

UXLZ

• Bay Watcher
  • God Eater
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: October 21, 2016, 10:19:52 am »

Eh, the fourth question wasn't much of a question.

One. To get you more active. And to generate conversation.
Two. Because I haven't seen you post as much as the other players. Or it might be my bias based on having not played with you before. Probably.
Three. Fish hasn't produced enough content for me to make a good judgement on him, but hector's leaning scum a bit more than Fish. Because he's jumping on the really little things in order to "find scum".

According to lurkertracker I'm somewhat in the middle. =P

Given how early it is in the game, "the really little things" are really all there are. It's not even really late enough yet to start calling people on lurking or inactivity (at least not to a major extent.)
Ahhh~ She looked into your eyes,
And saw what laid beneath,
Don't try to save yourself,
The circle is complete.

ReynTheLord

• Bay Watcher
  • Edible beserk! now available in masterwork!
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: October 21, 2016, 10:21:59 am »

Naw, I'm just stating some possibilities
I am currently trying to comprehend what sick, mad, dwarven mind came up with the fortress name "Lancefondled", because it wasn't me.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 35