Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 16

Author Topic: [FEF:] The Broken Circle [IC] (Chapter 0: Getting to Know One Another a Bit.)  (Read 12865 times)

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
Re: [FEF:] The Broken Circle [IC] (Chapter 0: Getting to Know One Another a Bit.)
« Reply #180 on: November 13, 2016, 07:17:37 am »

"Oh! Is it over already?"
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
Re: [FEF:] The Broken Circle [IC] (Chapter 0: Getting to Know One Another a Bit.)
« Reply #181 on: November 13, 2016, 08:31:28 am »

"I spar with others because its the companionship that hones the blade. You've got to fight for something, and people alongside me are what help me around."

Noticing the nice cultist's words, Tali returned to her stance--seeing Ashly do the same, giving her a thumbs-up, and curling the hand into a fist before gripping the handle at the end of her response.

"Technically, Ash is down 1 point--but if this was a real battle, I would be downed hard. Thought this blade would do well for me, but it seems thrusting styles aren't my forte. Hey Ash, prepare yourself; I'll be going all out."

Tali brought her sword around and changed her style to slashing movements, keeping her other hand open for supporting either the blade or adding force to the blow. She closed the distance between the two, wary of Ash's heavy-handed counterstrikes and instead aimed to keep her off-balance with her lighter weapon for a clear hit.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: November 13, 2016, 08:58:39 am »

Ash was caught off-guard and attempted to block the slash, but her weapon was positioned to parry a thrust and the deflected attack caught her across the cheek, opening up a small scratch. Almost instantly, the wound blazed green and knitted itself together.

"She speaks truly. I have four points out of five. Miss Tali now has two points out of five."

She only needed one point to win. Perhaps changing up her own style would catch her opponent off-guard like she had been. After a moment to slowly circle Tali, as if looking for an opening, she darted in and attacked with a quick thrust to the stomach from the tip of her wooden sword.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: November 13, 2016, 09:25:16 am »

Tali was surprised by her own mistake--she felt her sword out of her control by Ash's parry, and was shocked in seeing a bit of surface blood--but she was more surprised when it healed quickly. She wondered if it was true that everyone else around here had their own degree of uniqueness and she just stood out as plain and simple?

That was the impression she thought over silently until Ashlyssa used her superior footwork and movement to quickly cross the distance with a subtle difference she only caught when it had happened. There was enough time to parry away with her sword and counter with her free hand.

Spoiler: The rolls we used (click to show/hide)

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: November 13, 2016, 09:43:50 am »

(Condensing the rest of the spar since Tir gave away the ending. :P)

Ash was caught off-guard when Tali suddenly grabbed her collar and pulled down, sweeping her feet out from under her as she went forward. The end result was Ashlyssa with a faceful of dirt. Quickly she got back to her feet and and wiped her eyes clear, keeping her sword between herself and Tali until she was ready to attack again.

"And now it's four to four. Next point wins it all."

Ash lashed out with another quick attack, which Tali parried... and then tried to counter with a fist, which Ash caught in her free hand. The two struggled for a moment, weapon to weapon, hand to hand... but the result was inevitable. Of the two, Ashlyssa was both stronger and faster, and perhaps the more experienced fighter as well having done almost nothing but fight in life-or-death battles for the last five years. With a growl, she flung both hands upward, letting go of Tali's hand with one and batting aside her sword with the other, then darted in and tackled her down. The end result was Tali on her back and Ashlyssa straddling her waist, one hand on Tali's shoulder and her weapon raised to deliver a final blow that never came.

"...Good fight. You almost got me."

She released a deep breath and tucked her sword away, then slowly got to her feet. She was ashamed to think her instincts had gotten the better of her and if she hadn't checked herself in time, she might have done irreparable harm to her opponent... For the third time, she held her hand out to Tali.

"Shall we head inside?"
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: November 13, 2016, 10:00:32 am »

"!"

The cultist applauded, impressed.
"Um... if you w-wouldn't mind, I'd like to try sparring. It's not something I have any experience in, but..."

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: November 13, 2016, 10:29:48 am »

(I would Gig, but Sirus at the very least is impatient to do that thing where we wait a couple weeks for someone to post a plan and then wait a few more weeks for everyone to post their part of the plan until we finish the map after a year or two. :P )

Ash brushed a few bangs out of her face.

"Perhaps later. I'm a little winded at the moment, and the sun will fully set soon. Without proper lighting it would be too easy to really hurt each other, and that's the last thing we need before we get into a real fight. But if we have down time after that, I'll spar with you."

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: November 13, 2016, 11:44:13 am »

Arachne nodded.
"I see. That makes sense."

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: November 13, 2016, 11:56:44 am »

"Sorry if I disappointed you."

"When we do spar, do you want us to use the same kind of weapon, or are you fine with knife versus sword?"

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: November 13, 2016, 12:07:10 pm »

"Well, I haven't really tried using swords... or fighting a huge amount, really. So I'd probably be better with knives. But wouldn't that be kind of, well, dangerous?"

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #190 on: November 13, 2016, 12:12:12 pm »

"Perhaps it will be for me, but I can take it as long as you don't wound me too severely. I plan on using this still, so at worst you'll just get some bruises."

Ash indicated the wooden sword on 'this'.

"Of if you prefer I can fight using just my hands. I do have some hand-to-hand training from my time in the militia, as you've seen."

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: November 13, 2016, 01:10:55 pm »

"Hand to hand... urm, I'm not experienced with grappling, either. So, like, perhaps use your wooden sword."
"I'm sure I can take a few bruises."

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: November 13, 2016, 01:34:55 pm »

"Understood. Although perhaps it would be a good idea to train you in grappling. You never know when you'll be caught unaware, and being able to at least temporarily disable an attacker gives you time to flee or draw your weapon."

"That can wait for now, though."

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: November 13, 2016, 03:22:33 pm »

The notion of grappling someone was quite disconcerting to Arachne. What if they, like, held hands or something accidentally? And that straddling before had been...

"P-perhaps later, yes."

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: November 13, 2016, 03:31:49 pm »

"Your face is red. Are you all right miss Arachne?"
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 16