Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 16

Author Topic: [FEF:] The Broken Circle [IC] (Chapter 0: Getting to Know One Another a Bit.)  (Read 12873 times)

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
Re: [FEF:] The Broken Circle [IC] (Chapter 0: Getting to Know One Another a Bit.)
« Reply #165 on: November 05, 2016, 12:23:49 pm »

"Let's!" Tali said in reply. She looked at the others with weapons, "is anyone interested in similar weapon training too?"
: "Only if you feel like taking magic lessons later. Not gonna get knocked around by a couple of expert fighters without getting a bit of revenge for it afterwards."
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
Re: [FEF:] The Broken Circle [IC] (Chapter 0: Getting to Know One Another a Bit.)
« Reply #166 on: November 05, 2016, 12:54:37 pm »

"Um - c-could I come along?"

: "Only if you feel like taking magic lessons later. Not gonna get knocked around by a couple of expert fighters without getting a bit of revenge for it afterwards."
"I realise it's a different kind of magic, but I'd be happy to study with you."
« Last Edit: November 05, 2016, 05:23:12 pm by GiglameshDespair »
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: November 05, 2016, 01:03:19 pm »

"You can watch if you'd like miss Arachne."

Ash turned to Tali.

"Shall we?"

With a 'follow-me' gesture, Ashlyssa headed outside and found a nice, clear spot near the building where the pair of them could fight without damaging anything, and more importantly, anything getting in their way.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Praefectus Screptum

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: November 05, 2016, 05:16:38 pm »

"I will just stay here for now."

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: November 06, 2016, 02:42:58 am »

Enjald, on other hand, dozed off on the chair, arms crossed at chest and chin nested in the collar of his shirt.
SigFlags!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: November 11, 2016, 12:45:50 pm »

"I'd love to know your interest there," Tali said to Dalaach until she stood opposite Ashlyssa. "Any rules you'd like to put down beforehand? Because I only have this weapon as my weapon, and I'm not agreeing to drawing blood."

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: November 11, 2016, 01:29:42 pm »

"There's no harm done if you draw my blood. Any damage you may deal me, I will heal before the morrow... as long as it's not too severe. As for me, I'll try to hold back from harming you; you don't have the same gift I do."

Ashlyssa pulled out her bokken* and held it with both hands, her left side leading, with the weapon held vertical and near her chest. From the look of things, Tali had a stabbing blade, which meant that she would mainly be utilizing thrust attacks. Ashlyssa's own weapon could only deal blunt damage, which meant she would be limited to sweeping attacks; they both knew what to expect from the other, so what would decide the outcome was each swordswoman's skill and experience.

"I suggest a point-based system. A hit (rolling below opponent's defense roll) is worth one point. A knockdown (rolling 30 points below opponent's defense roll) is worth two points. Disarming the opponent (rolling 60 points below opponent's defense roll) is worth three points. The first to five points wins."

(Basically Uxie flips a coin to decide who goes first, then rolls a d100 for the attacker and defender using the rules I outlined, switching between Tali and Ash until one reaches five points, then we RP the fight out based on the results. Sound good Tir, UXLZ?)
« Last Edit: November 12, 2016, 04:23:08 am by SeriousConcentrate »
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: November 11, 2016, 01:50:45 pm »

((Should've read that sheet. You've got Imbue!
But I suggest we roll this out in part of RPing because Uxie seems like a busy dude :P))

"Sounds good enough--just like if someone would intentionally want to whack you down and out, but with a bit more edge and a lot less restraint."

Tali however wondered what Ashly meant when she mentioned a certain gift, holding her sword and drawing it out fully. It was a rather thin sword, though with a very subtle curve down the spine, able for both cutting and thrusting attacks and personally bearing signs of wear. This done, she assumed a duelist stance and turned her body sideways, angling her sword perpendicular to her 'foe'.

"My style usually has me aiming for vitals--both to get my opponent quickly out, or...otherwise, but the latter I've never done out of intent-"
((...I wonder if I can gamble in sparring? Let's try it out, SC? :P :3))
"-so would you like to do the honors, madam?"

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: November 11, 2016, 02:49:18 pm »

(OK, I rolled it up on Hamete and sent you the results. Up to you if you want to stick to them or not. :P)

The rune on the back of Ashlyssa's left hand, which was the one facing Tali, glowed faintly in the late afternoon twilight.

"Then I will. I'll not strike to do permanent harm but I'm not going to restrain myself any more than necessary."

The swordswoman shifted her feet slightly, distributing her weight evenly and getting a feel for the terrain of the battlefield. Once she was sure of her footing, she dashed forward and spun on her heel, aiming a sideways slash at Tali's right hip.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: November 12, 2016, 10:20:36 am »

Being positioned perpendicular to your opponent, you had an advantage of movement and positioning. When facing someone with both legs in parallel towards them, one could pivot back and strike faster than they could recover--especially if it was a forceful attack.

That was the theory in thought, anyway. Tali wasn't as seasoned as she presented herself. She was unsure how experienced she was other than confidence.

"That sword is a bit unbalanced, I see?" Tali said as she scored a hit, tapping Ashlyssa on the ankle before she could regain balance as her wooden sword nearly hit its mark. She was sure there was room for another hit, but she was unsure about her opponent's footwork.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #175 on: November 12, 2016, 10:31:49 am »

Tali had ducked out of the way and scored a quick hit to Ashlyssa's ankle before the redhaired swordswoman could fully regain her balance.

"Perhaps it is, a little. It is quite heavy... although in a real fight that is a good thing; more force behind each blow means less hits necessary to disable my opponents."

Ash stepped back, then darted to Tali's left and launched a heavy right-handed blow to the other swordswoman's shoulder, the weapon connecting solidly with her shoulder guard... hard enough to drive Tali to a knee.

"That's one point for you, and two for me."

She offered a hand to help the brown swordsman back to her feet.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: November 12, 2016, 10:38:39 am »

"Unbalanced, but still packing a tough punch. You're sure you were holding back there?"

Tali took Ashly's hand and readied herself. Ashlyssa had good footwork to complement her weapon, and all this could be noticed by others--just not that much in the field of battle considering everyone doing their best later on.

"My turn now, then?"

Tali assumed the same stance as before and tried a few feints to check Ashlyssa's awareness, having a back-and-forth trade of blows and parries, before aiming a thrust at her sword-arm when she saw an opening.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: November 12, 2016, 10:57:05 am »

"I'm not used to friendly spars. Perhaps I could have held back a little more."

Ash sighed to herself as she helped Tali up. It was true, she had forgotten how to... get along with people outside of combat situations. But perhaps that was for the best. Once she was done with this job, she would be moving on to continue the fight against anarchy, and she likely wouldn't see any of these people again. It was wise not to get attached any further than she had to.

While she was thinking that over, Tali resumed her stance and tried a few feints, forcing the redhaired swordswoman into a more defensive stance with her weapon in both hands before her and held horizontal to the ground, moving the tip in quick flicks to bat aside Tali's thrusts. After a few false attacks Tali went for a real one, and Ashlyssa quickly swept her weapon around in a circle to entangle Tali's sword and push it to the outside while she stepped in closer. Her left foot went behind Tali's legs to sweep them while her left hand went to the woman's right shoulder, forcing her down and back and tripping her to the ground.

"I hope that didn't hurt you too much. Normally this is where I would finish my opponent off while they were recovering."

Again, she held out her hand to help her sparring partner up.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: November 12, 2016, 11:02:01 am »

Today was just like the day Tali spent back at one of the local bars...

"You hold out your hand and they join you in kind? I'd love that kind of finish."

Grabbing Ashlyssa's hand once more, Tali wasn't sure if she felt heat on her face due to a bruise or otherwise, but she was determined to at least perform better than before. It was embarrassing with the silence from the others!

Tali changed her stance and held her sword aloft, bringing it center and upright, facing Ashlyssa head-on.

"How do you start your spars anyway?"

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: November 12, 2016, 11:12:56 am »

"No. The vast majority of my fights end with one survivor. Me."

Ashlyssa pulled Tali up. It had been a long time since she had held her hand out to another person, hadn't it? Even when she worked with others they stood or fell on their own strengths, and she damn sure wasn't going to offer any sort of mercy to a criminal. When the swordswoman stood up, she took a stance paralleling Ash's current one and asked her another question.

"Normally I don't spar. This is the first... friendly fight I've had in years."

Since she left Salim's militia, in fact.

"Why? Do you spar a lot?"
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 16