Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 16

Author Topic: Re: Inquisition: Twilight's Twilight Mission 1 conclusion  (Read 19056 times)

Aigre Excalibur

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Inquisition: Twilight's Twilight Mission 1 conclusion
« on: October 14, 2016, 02:05:39 pm »

Inquisition

Introduction:

The last Inquisition brought about the masquerade. The struggle between life and unlife withdrew to the shadows. In secret the monsters bred and organized. And in secret the inquisition hunted them.

The Inquisition of Modern Nights is a decrepit organization that clings to the warfare of the previous age: with gun and blade. While their enemies have adapted, infiltrating every layer of society, with vast wealth and influence at their disposal. It is rumored that the Lords of Night no longer any real need for arms, except to humiliate the Servants of Light.

You are freshly minted Inquisitorial cadets. Deployed as a self-sustaining Hunter cell, you roam the planet, fight the damned and live off your own crafts. Your current Base of Operations is a Truck Stop in the Middle of Nowhere, where a sympathetic bar owner has provided billets, contacts with various suppliers and traveling salesmen, and even waged employment for benched characters.

Your First Mission from the Inquisition is to visit the town of Forks, Washington - where you are to investigate rumours of Vampires and other supernatural creatures operating openly. Your inquisitorial mandate is to annihilate any monsters you find, and purge any traitors or conspirators among the human population. Government relations to the inquisition is mixed, those within the government who are aware of the supernatural are suspicious of everyone else. And others are conspiring on the side of the damned, hoping to gain unlife for themselves. In any case, discretion is advised, and even if the situation degenerates, it is best to find a way to maintain some semblance of order.

You are being paid $2000 per man upfront for this assignment, with performance bonuses and xp points for survivors.

Character Sheet:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Character Creation:
Attributes cost 5 x new level
Abilities cost 3 x new level
New Abilities learnt after character generation cost 7 points.

Level 2 in an attribute costs 10. Level 3 costs 15 level 4 costs 20 level 5 costs 25
1->3 costs 25 1->4 costs 45, 1->5 costs 70

For abilities
0->2 costs 9
0->3 costs 18
0->4 costs 30
0->5 costs 45

All Attributes start at 1.
Prioritize the Physical, Social and mental Mental groups according to what is most important to your character.
Distribute 55 xp into the first group
Distribute 35 xp into the second group
Distrubute 20 xp into the third group
You can't keep any leftover xp.

Then Prioritize Talents, Skills and Knowledges.
Distribute 60 xp into the first group
Distribute 30 xp  into the second group
Distrubute 18 xp into the third group
No ability can be higher than 3 initially.
You lose any leftover xp.

Equip Your character with the up-front payment of $2000 per character

Other Notes: The diversification and priority splitting in WoD prevents 1 hit wonders, like characters who can only fight or only use a support skill.

Rules:
Inquisition is based on World Of Darkness: Hunter, the Reckoning.

There are 3 basic types of rolls in WoD:

Normal - Where the sum of the related attributes are taken as dice and rolled against a difficulty level. Each Die above the difficulty is a success. A minimum of one success is needed for an action to succeed. Natural 1s negate successes and cause crit-fails if there are more 1s than successes.

Extended - Where an action needs a set number of successes to complete. This is common for team actions.

Resisted - Where 2 characters make rolls and their successes are compared to determine the victor.

A roll for a gunshot would take Dex+Firearms as the number of dice, rolled against a default difficulty of 6, and the number of successes will be counted. - With the weapon damage being applied in case of success.
The defender might take a normal roll to roll to dodge. Or he might block or parry a weapon strike.

Characters can attack or defend multiple times per turn. The formula for number of dice is (sum of attributes and traits - total number of actions - summative value of actions).
3 Attacks/Defenses with 8 dice would have 5 dice on the first attack, 4 on the second, 3 on the third.

Armor and Stamina in WoD rolls to soak damage. Mortals can't resist most damage with stamina though. But vampires can shrug off gunfire.

List of Abilities:

List of Common Feats:

List of Common Combat Moves:

Changes to Combat Rules from WoD

Item Shop:

« Last Edit: October 25, 2016, 01:11:35 am by Aigre Excalibur »
Never ever cease communication with your enemies, never ever cease interaction with them, never isolate yourself from them. Never ignore them, relish the time to deal with them, to exercise banter. The biggest mistake one can make is ignoring one's enemies. Go out of your way to pick a fight today.

S34N1C

• Bay Watcher
  • Joins too many games
    • View Profile
Re: Inquisition: Twilight's Twilight (WoD rules)
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2016, 03:05:20 pm »

Reserved. Making character now

« Last Edit: October 14, 2016, 11:28:11 pm by S34N1C »
As always, life is brief and transient, your posting history lasts forever, so always prioritise forum games.

Glory to United Forenia!

Terrahex

• Bay Watcher
  • The Bee's Knees
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2016, 09:27:18 pm »

Eeeeeeeeeh. I mean it looks cool, but it's way too complicated for me. Posting just to see what happens :D
What do you think? Yes? No?

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • The questioner does not.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 14, 2016, 11:13:52 pm »

in bb

S34N1C

• Bay Watcher
  • Joins too many games
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 14, 2016, 11:14:24 pm »

Finished my sheet. How'd I do?
As always, life is brief and transient, your posting history lasts forever, so always prioritise forum games.

Glory to United Forenia!

Aigre Excalibur

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 14, 2016, 11:14:47 pm »

Logistics wise, we might pile the whole team into a couple of trucks to prevent a giant convoy from drawing attention.

At least for the first mission or so.
Never ever cease communication with your enemies, never ever cease interaction with them, never isolate yourself from them. Never ignore them, relish the time to deal with them, to exercise banter. The biggest mistake one can make is ignoring one's enemies. Go out of your way to pick a fight today.

Aigre Excalibur

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 14, 2016, 11:15:23 pm »

Finished my sheet. How'd I do?

Ah refreshed it. I thought you forgot to bring guns.

Grenade throws in Vampire the Masquerade are Dex/str+Brawl. in Hunter they are Dex/str+Athletics. Either one will do. I'll just take the higher values.

You're over., xp expenditure wise. Let me crunch an optimal distribution in a bit.

Level 2 in an attribute would cost 10, level 3, 15 level 4, 20, etc.
« Last Edit: October 14, 2016, 11:20:26 pm by Aigre Excalibur »

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 14, 2016, 11:24:31 pm »

Spoiler: Nix (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: October 15, 2016, 12:34:31 am by NRDL »
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

Aigre Excalibur

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 14, 2016, 11:28:43 pm »

Prioritizing Social > Physical > Mental, your stats would look like this:

Then Knowledges > Skills > Talents

Reserved. Making character now

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 14, 2016, 11:30:45 pm »

Cool thanks, Ima make a sheet.
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

S34N1C

• Bay Watcher
  • Joins too many games
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 14, 2016, 11:31:10 pm »

Ok thanks for the help. Looking forward to this!

Glory to United Forenia!

Aigre Excalibur

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 14, 2016, 11:52:53 pm »

Might as well use this a sheet holder

Starring:

S34N1C as Matthew Carter

NRDL as Joe Nix
« Last Edit: October 15, 2016, 02:09:45 am by Aigre Excalibur »

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • The questioner does not.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 15, 2016, 12:04:07 am »

where's muh LMG
for that matter, where's muh RPG

Aigre Excalibur

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 15, 2016, 12:25:54 am »

where's muh LMG
for that matter, where's muh RPG

Fine I'll add some

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 15, 2016, 12:34:57 am »

Made mine, hopefully I didn't fudge the calculations. 
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 16