Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Behind The Wall (OOC/Sign-up)  (Read 2697 times)

Roboson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Behind The Wall (OOC/Sign-up)
« on: October 13, 2016, 05:55:26 pm »

In the first era of history the titans forged a world both beautiful and primal. Their power and viciousness kept a tight hold on their creation. They ruled with an iron first for eons, watching over their dominion and the mortal followers with cruel cruel eyes. The world was savage, and natural disasters were common and deadly. It was, by far, the most awful period in the history of the world. At least, it was until the Fifth Era.

In the Second Era the gods came into being around the world. This was not an immediate event, but took place over a long period of time. Slowly, but steadily new gods were born and they looked upon the world with very different eyes. Whether it was compassion, greed, or because of some sense of justice, the gods began fighting the titans. However, their strength was no match for the behemoths that ruled the lands. The gods fled to the heavens, where they were safe from the wrath of the titans. From there they began their second campaign against the titans. Through the use of divine intervention, they elevated many mortals to demi-gods. These mortals slowly whittled away at their titan overlords until most of them had fallen, fled, or been contained.

This led to the Third Era of history. It was a time when mortals ruled the earth while monsters, titans, and other evils fell into ancient memory. Very few great beasts roamed the lands and the world was mostly peaceful. Of course wars and evil always occurred, but that was the work of mortals. The gods, safe from the threat of the titans returned to the world, only to receive a terrible surprise. The mortals turned against the gods, and once again they had to flee to the heavens. It came to pass that their weapons against the titans were a double edged sword. Several gods were slain during this period, and many forsook their mortals and let them war amongst themselves. Many were forgotten and faded from the minds of mortals.

Finally, the Forth Era began. At first this was a time of mortal dominance. The many types of mortals created by the various divines all found themselves to be rulers of this world, with very little interference from any higher power. Many wars between races and civilizations broke out, but by and large the world is safe. This is the shortest period in history, as it is abruptly ended by the Fifth Era.

Scholars disagree when the Fifth Era technically begins, as there were many warnings and omens which served as precursors to the events that followed, but all can agree that the Arrival is definitely within the Fifth Era. After half a dozen strange and worrisome events of cosmic proportion, a new heaven appeared among the various divine strongholds. Strange and otherworldly beings arrived only to wreak havoc upon the world and mortals were unable to keep them at bay. After only a few years most of the world had fallen and much of the indigenous life had been destroyed by these new creatures. It seemed that mortals had finally met their match and the world was sure to end. However, the gods held a vote as whether or not they should save the mortals, and they agreed to intervene once again in the mortal realm.

The gods created Sanctuary, a city which could withstand the onslaught of the spreading Corruption. It is a giant enclave surrounded by and divided by powerful walls. Many cities and people were transported within Sanctuary so that they may be saved from destruction. This unfortunately led to much confusion and unrest as mortals of all kinds were suddenly thrown together into the same area. This event, known as the Ark, brings us to the present. Only moments ago mortals were fighting for their lives or cowering behind meager protections. Now they must come together in order to survive.

Behind the Wall is a cooperative/competitive management game. Each player will represent a race, or collection of races, and have to work towards survival. However, there is an extremely dangerous threat that lurks beyond the safety of the walls, always working to enter Sanctuary. This has forced the mortals to come together in order to survive, however, there are limited resources available. You must do what it takes to keep your people alive, even if it means the end of someone else's. Much of this game will be free form and political, yet other parts will be bureaucratic and require you to devote resources as you see fit.

This game is not first come first serve.

Spoiler: Buildings and Units (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Character Sheet (click to show/hide)

Based on the players, races, and buildings, I will (poorly) draw up a map of Sanctuary. There will also be several starting free-be's for each player based on their character sheet, so please take time in fleshing yours out.
« Last Edit: October 13, 2016, 06:06:14 pm by Roboson »

Roboson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Behind The Wall (OOC/Sign-up)
« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2016, 06:05:09 pm »

Reserved

S34N1C

• Bay Watcher
  • Joins too many games
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2016, 08:13:48 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

« Last Edit: October 13, 2016, 09:40:43 pm by S34N1C »
As always, life is brief and transient, your posting history lasts forever, so always prioritise forum games.

Glory to United Forenia!

Roboson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 13, 2016, 09:05:51 pm »

At the bottom of the building/units spoiler it says you have 100 starting points to spend on units and buildings. So any combination of units and buildings that adds up to 100 is acceptable.

S34N1C

• Bay Watcher
  • Joins too many games
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 13, 2016, 09:22:45 pm »

Shit, forgot to read that, will edit in shortly
As always, life is brief and transient, your posting history lasts forever, so always prioritise forum games.

Glory to United Forenia!

Supernerd

• Bay Watcher
  • Currently experiencing fremdschämen.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 13, 2016, 09:46:04 pm »

I'll apply.

Spoiler: application (click to show/hide)
websim.ai is coming dangerously close to being able to run Gridhood. Maybe I'll live to see the day if I exercise, eat right, and somehow convince the world's governments not to nuke everyone.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 13, 2016, 09:55:31 pm »

I'll apply.

Spoiler: application (click to show/hide)

:P.

Anyway, I'll probably toss up a sheet when I am feeling more awake and/or creative.
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

This is my waifu, this is my gun. This one's for fighting, this ones for fun.

ATHATH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 13, 2016, 11:00:45 pm »

Leader name: Priesty McHealy
Leader backstory: [jingle]4 dudes, on an adventure together! Nobody knows how long they've been on it! Yeaaaaah.[/jingle]
Race: 1 halfling, 1 elf, 1 dwarf, and 1 human
Race description: Standard, Tolkien-esque
Culture: They embrace (almost) every stereotype known to man. If it's on TvTropes, they've probably done it or encountered it.
Starting units/buildings:
4 Demigods:
Priesty McHealy, a human with the health sphere
Roguey McSneaky, a halfling with the stealth sphere
Fightery McStabby, a dwarf with the strength sphere
Wizardy McBurny, an elf with the fire sphere (I assume that magic is too broad)
Seriously, ATHATH, we need to have an intervention about your death mug problem.
*slow clap* Well ATHATH congratulations. You managed to give the MC a mental breakdown before we even finished the first arc.
I didn't even read it first, I just saw it was ATHATH and noped it. Now that I read it x3 to noping

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 13, 2016, 11:29:59 pm »

Hmm.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 14, 2016, 12:28:24 am »

Got it!

This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

This is my waifu, this is my gun. This one's for fighting, this ones for fun.

micelus

• Bay Watcher
  • If you wait long enough, it moves.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 14, 2016, 01:05:50 am »

« Last Edit: October 14, 2016, 01:19:18 am by micelus »
Do you hear that, Endra? NONE CAN STAND AGAINST THE POWER OF THE DENTAL, AHAHAHAHA!!!
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 14, 2016, 02:18:36 am »

PTW
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

Imic

• Bay Watcher
  • Still sad
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 14, 2016, 02:55:03 am »

Leader name Matriarch Gwendolyn Gelrand
Leader Backstory Gwendolyn was raised by a family with a long - standing military tradition, and entered the army at a young age. She quickly became a commander and, after many won battles, when the previous mariarch died, she was elected as the new one by most of the military, and several others. She oversaw the Undarak through the entirety of the fourth era, and hopes to bring her race back to it's former glory. She is a natural leader who often prefers diplomacy to brutal conflict, as a result of her being oddly affected by seeing death. She will not hesitate to pull out her sword if it is required, though.
Race: The Undarak
Race description: a tall humanoid race with long ears. Capable of growing beards. Lives for several thousand years on average.
Race Culture the Undarak live around a sort of "we're all in this together" philosophy, and treat all of their fellow kind with equal respect. This has made Their civilization a democracy, except for the provincars, the former leaders of the seven provinces of Eldrathion. Six of the sven Provincars escaped to Sanctuary, although without provinces to rule. The elected ruler is, traditionally, a female Matriarch, for reasons kept quiet by the Undarak.
Their second philosophy is to accept things as they are.
All Undarak are required to join up with the miliatary at a certain point, due to the lack of Undarak to fill the places normally.
Undarak genarally dislike and distrust demigods, and usually refuse to have anything to do with them.
Due to their long lifespan, Undarak generally are very slow to change. Despite this, the Undarak are very thechnologically advanced, and use a magic based technology. Engineers are very important in Undarak society.
Starting Buildings/Units
2x mine 10 points
2x lumber mill 10 points
2x field 10 points
1x smith 10 points
1x special building = engineers guild [trains engineers] 15 points
1x new Eldrathion keep [barracks] 20 points
75 points in full
1x soldier 15 points [heavily armoured footmen with big swords and shields]
1x engineer 10 points [engineer, has a primitive gun powered by magic, can build magic based technology for extra points]
100 points in total.
« Last Edit: October 14, 2016, 05:44:26 am by Imic »
Imic's no longer allowed to vote.
Quote from: smyttysmyth
Well aren't you cheery
Quote cabinet
Regrets every choice he made and makes, including writing this here.

Edmus

• Bay Watcher
  • Powerful toasting since 1893!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 14, 2016, 04:14:16 am »

« Last Edit: October 14, 2016, 05:57:41 am by Edmus »

Imic

• Bay Watcher
  • Still sad
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 14, 2016, 04:25:49 am »

I had a bit of a think, and I am going to edit the Undaraki culture when I get the chance.
Imic's no longer allowed to vote.
Quote from: smyttysmyth
Well aren't you cheery
Quote cabinet
Regrets every choice he made and makes, including writing this here.
Pages: [1] 2