Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: [OOC] Lairds of Orren (4/4)  (Read 3007 times)

Silcugar

• Bay Watcher
  • Panther of the East Jungle
    • View Profile
[OOC] Lairds of Orren (4/4)
« on: October 12, 2016, 10:48:18 pm »

Lairds of Orren

IC

Centuries ago, an engine of evil, absolute in hatred and contempt, fell upon the peoples of the world. The evil, unsatisfied with a merciful execution, drew the life from the planet in slow ceremony. It scattered the realms of man, the nations, the cities and towns until the world was full of ruin and disease. Resistance was forgotten as well as hope, but an order of highlanders stayed their blades until the most opportune moment.

With ancient training, traditions older than any kingdom, and a divine ordinance, the laird Orren and his men of the hills laid into the evil with unspeakable fury. The men fought the evil for weeks without rest until all but Orren were consumed by the fury. He alone ended the evil. And he did not rest. He scoured the world of its presence until his natural death. In his final days, Orren restored his society of highlanders, founding the Lairds. However, Orren, as the final highlander, could only pass on a fraction of the ancient rites that granted him such miraculous power. It would take centuries for the Lairds of Orren to reclaim what was lost and revive the lost powers.

In the time between, the world would be safe from the evil, but not the evil of humanity. The world began to heal, but it would be a slow and painful restoration.
Spoiler: What is this? (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Who am I? (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Character (click to show/hide)

Character Roster
Spoiler: S34N1C, Tyr Loknar (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: NRDL, Nix (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Beirus, Rathgar (click to show/hide)

Waitlist
1. Tack
« Last Edit: November 15, 2016, 02:04:17 am by Silcugar »
Quote from: Isaac Asimov
I write for the same reason I breathe — because if I didn't, I would die.

Roboson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [OOC] Lairds of Orren (Sign up)
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2016, 11:23:50 pm »

Spoiler: Rouran (click to show/hide)

Silcugar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2016, 02:53:49 pm »

A magical researcher? That could be very valuable to have on the team, just don't expect to be summoning lighting storms anytime soon! Here's a few questions to help me understand your character:

There are four schools of magic: Vitality (healing, defense, augmentation), Demonology (all things regarding demons), Humors (divination and illusion), and Enervation (disease, curses). Which one do you favour? In which field are you lacking? Why?

The world today is hostile to intellectuals. Most fovour strength or cunning to survive the ruins of the world. How is it that you were able to dedicate your life to study? Was it difficult?

Rouran sounds like an optimist. Tell me about a time where you were humbled by the powers of magic, whether you were in awe or horror of its capabilities.

S34N1C

• Bay Watcher
  • Joins too many games
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 13, 2016, 08:59:44 pm »

Spoiler: Tyr Loknar (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: October 13, 2016, 09:21:51 pm by S34N1C »
As always, life is brief and transient, your posting history lasts forever, so always prioritise forum games.

Glory to United Forenia!

S34N1C

• Bay Watcher
  • Joins too many games
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 14, 2016, 03:46:20 pm »

Bump
As always, life is brief and transient, your posting history lasts forever, so always prioritise forum games.

Glory to United Forenia!

Silcugar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 14, 2016, 07:11:17 pm »

@s34n1c, A very specific class, but all the more interesting. I have a couple questions for you too, if you don't mind.

Intimidation is a dangerous game. At a point, one is lost in ruthlessness and greed. Think of a time when a job went south or when you had to make a difficult decision. Did you choose mercy or cruelty?

What, in Tyr's past, drove him to specialize in knives? Was it just a practical choice, or perhaps a tradition passed down?

The Lairds accept any manner of riff-raff if they show that they can be relied upon. But what does Tyr seek by joining the organization?

S34N1C

• Bay Watcher
  • Joins too many games
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 14, 2016, 07:32:09 pm »

For the first question, it would depend on the severity. For instance, if a target tried to get violent, he might try pinning his shoes to the ground, or something like that.
If things got too serious, he would of course go for the kill, but only if absolutely necessary to preserve his life. He prefers mercy but will defend himself when it comes down to it.

Second. His specialty with knives in particular. I hadn't actually thought about 'why knives', but it is a good question.
It started out as a hobby. When he was bored, he would throw a knife up and down(as one would a ball). Eventually it turned into throwing them at rats and other vermin. It kinda just took off from there.
Sorry if this is kinda lackluster, I can't think if anything else.

Third. Motivation. Tyr wants a new challenge. He's getting bored bullying people and wants to make a difference.

On a separate note, I'm going to show this thread to a couple friends to see it they'll join.

Glory to United Forenia!

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 14, 2016, 07:33:26 pm »

Spoiler: Nix (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: October 14, 2016, 08:32:36 pm by NRDL »
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

Shadestyle

• Bay Watcher
  • Adorable
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 14, 2016, 08:05:41 pm »

Statistics: Keep these three stats above zero or the character will be killed. Distribute 20 points among them, 1 being the minimum.
Might: 2
Skill: 6
Mind: 12

Name: Rohan Ashley

Appearance: A pale Skinned Female Human, wearing tattered oft-repaired robes.

Class: Scholar

Bio: Wanderers are often recruited by force, with no family or friends to object, they can be pressganged into service quite easily.
You are now having excessive amounts of fun

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 14, 2016, 08:26:22 pm »

((Damn, knew I should have submitted this 30 minutes ago instead of getting distracted. Oh well. Can I go on the wait list if I can't join?))

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: October 14, 2016, 08:36:25 pm by Beirus »
Because everything is Megaman when you have an arm cannon.

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
  • I didn't start the fire...Just added the gasoline!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 14, 2016, 09:11:35 pm »

PTW
Quote from: MonkeyMarkMario, 2023
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.

S34N1C

• Bay Watcher
  • Joins too many games
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 16, 2016, 10:38:08 am »

Bump

Glory to United Forenia!

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 16, 2016, 01:29:59 pm »

Mostly reusing my typical apocalypse character here, so don't think this is the first time I've used this bio. :P Literally, I use this character in every apocalypse game...

« Last Edit: October 16, 2016, 01:36:58 pm by Dwarmin »
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

Silcugar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 18, 2016, 09:03:36 pm »

More than I was expecting! Let me get all your answers and sort out the details...

@NRDL, I always love a redemption story. Here're my questions:

The path to salvation is sullied by the failure of man. Tell me of a time, when you were training among the monks, that you were tempted by baser instincts. Did you return to barbarism, or did the teachings save you?

Many believe the gods died long ago, or were never there to begin with. A life among monks may have instilled a different message. What does Nix think of the gods?

Nix must have wondered why he was spared. What was he told of the men who destroyed his family, and gave him another chance?

@Shadestyle, Hm, a short description. Maybe you can answer these questions and shed some light on the character?

'Scholar' is a nebulous title. What does Rohan call her specialty? Why did she follow that path?

Wanderer or no, recruits need some form of history. Where is Rohan from, true or no?

The Lairds have some keen interest in Rohan. What makes her a special asset to them?

@Beirus, A specific origin. It gives me some good ideas of how to integrate him with the team. Let's flesh it out a bit.

Many people turn to seclusion in what many believe to be the worlds final days. For what reason did your family live this way? Did Rathgar agree?

When he set out on his own, what was Rathgar's goal? What did he hope to find in the open world?

Negative emotions are often blamed on demons. What does Rathgar attribute his inhuman rage to? Is it supernatural?

@Dwarmin, I can see why you reuse the character. Here's a few questions to see what Laird Kat is like.

After such poor fortune, it seems reasonable that Kat would keep to herself. Describe an instance where her wandering ways proved valuable... or when they were a hindrance.

Music is a luxury mostly lost to the world. Some say it has mystical properties. Describe a time where Kat's not-a-weapon appeared to have otherworldly properties.

All suffering leads to salvation... or at least that's what the lairds say. Kat has suffered, but what does she seek to ultimately gain from the lairds, if anything?

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 18, 2016, 09:28:18 pm »

Rathgar's family originally owned a farm near one of the smaller, but growing, outposts of civilization. As the population of that place continued to grow, the settlement started to demand food from his family to feed their population. Where originally the produce was used to barter with the townsfolk to obtain things that the farm needed, now guards started showing up and taking portions of the harvest with little or no compensation. Rathgar's father quickly became fed up with it, but knew he didn't have the power to stand against the guards. His family tried to just keep living, but the guards continued to requisition more and more food until it was difficult for his family to grow enough for themselves. The final straw was when the guards found a stash of food his father had hidden to tide his family through the winter, confiscated it, and then burned part of the unharvested crop meant to feed Rathgar's family. His father knew they wouldn't be able to keep living like this, and despised the town for forcing so many hardships on his family, so he ruined the fields and salted them to spite the town, burned their house and most of their possessions, then moved his family, which was only his wife and the newborn Rathgar, into an old hunting cabin in the forest further away from the town. They kept to themselves, mostly to avoid the attention of anyone that would want to exploit them like the town had. While Rathgar was taught about this as he grew up and understood the reasons for their lifestyle, he was always curious of the world outside.

Rathgar left into the world to sate his curiosity, and to try to make his own way in the world. It's a matter of pride for him to be able to stand on his own two feet, and his curiosity drove him to travel.

He views the anger as a part of him, like the behavior that caused his father to burn their house and ruin their land before they left, but still separate. He doesn't see it as a demon, more a spirit of vengeance that he inherited from his father. If he should ever return to that settlement that he was born near, he has also sworn to use his rage to get revenge on them.
Because everything is Megaman when you have an arm cannon.
Pages: [1] 2 3