Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Worldmap: What style would you prefer?

Icons, like ASCII but prettier.
Hand-drawn, like an old-timey sepia map.
Full graphics, like JRPGs with full-on sprites.
Same as the tileset ingame. Forests would use the tree sprite, mountains a rock sprite, etc.
Other. Please post your ideas/examples.

Pages: 1 ... 102 103 [104] 105 106 ... 187

Author Topic: ☼Meph Tileset☼ V5.5 (32x32) - 47.05 - offline  (Read 897109 times)

Splint

• Bay Watcher
  • War is a valid form of diplomacy.
    • View Profile

Well, it's mostly stuff in service of the tileset, and what isn't (namely the invaders and balancing sections,) consist of Fortress Defense, a very popular mod that happens to have graphics for its creatures (and thus won't stick out like a sore thumb,) and tweak stuff people mess with all the time, with the launcher simplifying the process.

Adding buildings to make stuff out of more materials is something that would be in service of the mod, as otherwise those material tilesets would only see very limited use, as said.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist

The launcher changes nothing on dwarfmonitor.

And the beds were added for the artefacts, once someone reported missing sprites for his artefact bed. ;) I want to add custom workshops for gem, bone and maybe clay items, but not necessarily allow stone beds or the like.

Any modded content I might add will not affect game balance (wont make the game harder or easier), and it will be optional (people can disable it in the launcher)
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

billw

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Sorry for posting such a finicky and personal thing, but after poking around in the files for 2.5 hours and not succeeding I thought I'd ask for help again.
Either intentially or unintentionally, the happiness meter in the bottom right from (I believe) DwarfMonitor seems to have different boundaries than 'normal'; e.g. dwarves with 0 stress rank as happy, rather than fine, and even dwarves with 20k+stress still rank as happy, and any negative stress 'number' count as ecstatic. After having 3 supposedly 'happy' dwarves start tantruming and entering depression from stress, I wanted to change it to be more discriminating,. However, I have little experience poking around in actual gamefiles and I cannot find this in any config, and I can't work out how to change it. Thanks

You should update dfhack version. I did and it fixed this issue, and doesn't appear to have broken anything else.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist

Testing a new update atm... gems anyone?
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist

THE GEM UPDATE!

Download:☼Meph Tileset☼ V3.5

Changelog:
 - Updated Dfhack and TWBT to newest version. Fixes a lot of dfhack-related bugs.
 - Added new engraved floor tile, by RadGH.
 - Made mining designations on rock clearer. (Hopefully)
 - Added (optional) Gemcutter's Workshop. Makes gem blocks for walls/floor and furniture. (You can remove it in the launcher, it's part of the decorational-workshops option)
 - Added new design for the Librarian's Office.
 - Added Librarian's Office to the same button as the other workshops, so that you can remove it at will.
 - Added sprites for gem constructions: Walls, fortifications, floors.
 - Added sprites for gem furniture.
 - Added 8 new creature sprites for adventurers/visitors, performers and scholars of Gila Monsters Men and Leopard Gecko Men.

Creatures:

New engraved floor (by RadGH):

New librarians office:

Gemcutters Shop:

Gem walls and furniture:

As you can see the gem set is a copy of the stone set, just with additional gem decorations on it. I thought it's a good solution because the items are easily recognizeable, you can mix/match stone and gem sets, and use them as highlights in stone rooms without breaking the style.

The Gemcutter's shop needs one rough gem to make one piece of furniture, or to make four blocks. Just like the Mason's shop. The only difference is that it can make beds too, as requested. :)

If you like this sort of addition, I can have a look at ice and bone sets next. There are also the options of more dye-colors for cloth, carpets, tapestries, paintings... or colored blocks (like the good old Masterwork Brick Oven(TM))

Cheers,
Meph

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: ☼Meph Tileset☼ V3.5 (32x32) - 44.12 - updated 7th August - GEM SET!
« Reply #1550 on: August 07, 2018, 03:47:48 pm »

Heh, the gem bed was the first thing I tested out. Much appreciated.  :)

FrankVill

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1551 on: August 07, 2018, 04:22:00 pm »

Gem bed? How can I build a non-wooden bed?

No doubt, this is the best tileset so far, really amazing Meph! Other cuestion, what display resolution is better for 32x tilesets? I use 1920x1080 on windows 10, but when I have an anouncement that pauses the game and centers where it is happening, the image is off center. Is it related with my resolution?
« Last Edit: August 07, 2018, 04:28:56 pm by FrankVill »

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1552 on: August 07, 2018, 04:24:28 pm »

Either splint hacked it in, or he had an artefact gem bed laying around. I recall that the impetus behind making the gem bed was someone had an artefact bed that wasn't rendering properly, that might have been Splint even.
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1553 on: August 07, 2018, 04:40:09 pm »

Gem bed? How can I build a non-wooden bed?

No doubt, this is the best tileset so far, really amazing Meph! Other cuestion, what display resolution is better for 32x tilesets? I use 1920x1080 on windows 10, but when I have an anouncement that pauses the game and centers where it is happening, the image is off center. Is it related with my resolution?

Feature for the gem cutter workshop. Can build whole furniture sets out of gems, as well as blocks to build gem walls with.

And come to think of it, I was wondering about that bug you're having myself, cause I have the same set up. Figured it was a quirk of the tileset or maybe DFhack.

Either splint hacked it in, or he had an artefact gem bed laying around. I recall that the impetus behind making the gem bed was someone had an artefact bed that wasn't rendering properly, that might have been Splint even.

Nah, that wasn't me. I advocated for making furnishings of stuff like gem and bone so those sets would see more use besides maybe one thing here and there, and to help with stress management because to use the example from before, if someone who likes brass and to add to it, a milk quartz, has a brass bed and milk quartz cabinet, there's no way he can avoid getting good thoughts from them because he'll have to use those things sooner or later.

EDIT I have to share this with someone. A bit of hunter behavior I never knew about.

The hunter has three dead chinchillas which he shot himself in his room. For some reason. Screenshot also shows chalk (the stone in general) bituminous coal (the vein stone,) wood bed, and Meph dwarf, hunter sprite specifically, as well as one of the new remains tiles. Atis, the hunter, is standing on the gem chest unfortunately, though since it was gray chalcedony it would have just looked like a generic light grey coffer.

I just laughed way too hard at the fact that in leiu of a butcher shop, hunters apparently opt to store kills in thier bedrooms like sociopathic freaks, which is saying something considering how dwarves are.

Popokolara

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1554 on: August 07, 2018, 07:47:05 pm »

Can you tell me if:
1. Grimlocke's mod that adds weapon types and rebalances combat could potrentially break things, or this package does not affect those files?
2. What exactly does slower farming do? how slower does things become? Could it be causing the crops to be so slow, planting them in their last season of the year they can be plant, results in them withering due to needing more than 1 month?

tnx.

Nikitaw99

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #1555 on: August 08, 2018, 01:42:27 am »

While fiddling around with the Meph Launcher, I found a small bug:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #1556 on: August 08, 2018, 02:27:16 am »

Gem beds are modded in.

Grimlocke mod: Rename the new item files to "item_Z_whatever.txt" so that they are loaded last. Otherwise it breaks item graphics.

Slower farming doubles the farming time. Not enough for the behaviour you describe, shouldnt take longer than a full month.

Bug noted. I assume it's about the hellfire imp "adv mode" tick staying active? If yes, it's harmless.

Splint: You zoomed in ingame for that screenshot, right? That's why there is a white border around everything with transparent background. It looks better if you take the screenshot first, then zoom in in the image file. (The reason being that twbt resizes the white background files, which get blurry and create this white hue around everything.)

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1557 on: August 08, 2018, 02:35:41 am »

Oh, no I always clean up screenshots to some degree, usually putting in a border so if I want to I can add some text in the image. Should just be whatever the default game zoome was, although I may have zoomed in when the game started up out of habit and just don't remember (I've slept since then.)

Popokolara

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1558 on: August 08, 2018, 05:45:55 am »

I have noticed an odd behavior, and this is before i added any other mods: Placing farm plots over irigated stone has decent chance to crash the client. Usually its the third or 4th one. Its not always the same one, so what i do is place a few, save, reload and repeat.

its not important since i only need a few of them, but thought you should know.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #1559 on: August 08, 2018, 06:43:44 am »

Popokolara: I know about those, but only in relation to twbt redraw_all 1, aka when the animations are on. Is that the case? Its some form of twbt issue i cant track down reliably.
Pages: 1 ... 102 103 [104] 105 106 ... 187