Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Worldmap: What style would you prefer?

Icons, like ASCII but prettier.
Hand-drawn, like an old-timey sepia map.
Full graphics, like JRPGs with full-on sprites.
Same as the tileset ingame. Forests would use the tree sprite, mountains a rock sprite, etc.
Other. Please post your ideas/examples.

Pages: 1 ... 93 94 [95] 96 97 ... 187

Author Topic: ☼Meph Tileset☼ V5.5 (32x32) - 47.05 - offline  (Read 897226 times)

Leon1qaz

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
Re: ☼Meph Tileset☼ V3.1 (32x32) - 44.12 - Last updated 12th July
« Reply #1410 on: July 12, 2018, 01:29:18 pm »

Adventure mode crash all the time

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
Re: ☼Meph Tileset☼ V3.1 (32x32) - 44.12 - Last updated 12th July
« Reply #1411 on: July 12, 2018, 01:44:14 pm »

Adventure mode crash all the time
Graphical TWBT tilesets and adventure mode don't really go hand in hand.

When does it crash, and do you play with twbt redraw_all 1?
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist

and now... TO THE REAL UPDATE!

Meph Tileset V3.2 (44.12) - Download

I couldn't sit here and just update the vanilla DF version without giving you guys something new to play with, so I did have a look around at what I could do. I found a few things.

- Added MESSENGER graphics for the new profession.
 - Fixed 4 workshop tiles. (I mixed some up while testing animations)
 - Added 24 new sprites, for wood logs, cut gems and large gems.
 - Updated Vordaks set and added his Goblin sprites.
 - Added Patrik Lundells Librarian script to the dfhack package.
 - Added a workshop called Librarians Office; it can open legends mode and open a book index of everything written in your library.

As you can see, three major additions:

1. Vordaks Goblins:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

You can find out more about his set here: http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=165118.0. These new goblin sprites are used by default now, together with Vordaks dwarf sprites. If you dislike them, you can turn them off in the launcher, which switches back to the original design for dwarves and goblins.

2. Varied wood logs and cut gems:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

I added 8 variants of wooden logs, gems and large gems. I know they are mostly stored in bins, but it wasn't too much work. ;) At the very least it should make wood stockpiles look more organic and less copy+paste.

3. The Libriarians Office:
A workshop that requires a chair and 4 bookcases to be build and triggers two dfhack scripts. One of them opens legends mode, which you can exit by simply pressing ESC. The second script is done by Patrik Lundell, who describes it here: http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=170462.0. It gives you a UI that shows all the books, dates, authors, etc, all the information you could ever ask for about your library and literary works.

The librarians office brings us into dangerous territory of mods. I'm not entirely sure how to proceed... on the one hand this is a tileset. On the other hand I could mod in a bone-working shop that allows you to make bone furniture and walls, which would look awesome and evil. Or the beloved brick oven from Masterwork, which allows you to color your walls/furniture as you like. Or the crematory, to clean up garbage and help fix FPS.

It's a thin line between those additions, which are graphical of nature, or help FPS, and actual gameplay-changing mods. What do you guys think? I added a poll a bout the matter.

Edit: PS: Just updated the barebones version, for the people that want to build linux or mac sets.
« Last Edit: July 13, 2018, 07:02:20 am by Meph »
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

EpicMadness

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

question, do you already have a template for treants that i can use? i'll just manually add them if you already have one.

also fluff balls, specifically ball of fluff with eyes.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist

I'm confused. Why would I have sprites for creatures that don't exist? ^^

Sorry, I don't have any templates...

EpicMadness

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

well i'm asking just in case you have one, otherwise i'll search through the internet for one.

edit: wait, i just realized pokemon has icons... *looks through pokedex*
« Last Edit: July 13, 2018, 11:12:53 am by EpicMadness »

LeoCean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Just add some hair to the puffer fish epicmadness. It'll take some other work but it's already round.

Harpadarpa.

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I would be super down for a crematorium to be added. I mean all it really does is stop me from atom smashing all my garbage. Who knows, maybe it could produce Ash to make it distinct from atom smashing.

EpicMadness

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Just add some hair to the puffer fish epicmadness. It'll take some other work but it's already round.
i've made one from scratch and used a furball tile from somewhere.

simply put i used the floating-head as the base and removed the [flier] tag.
then added lots of hair.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist

So your furball has leathery wings and a giant mouth full of sharp teeth? :-)

WilhelmStein

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile

I have a bit of a problem. The letter 'n' is displayed in a rather weird fashion. Take a look: https://www.dropbox.com/s/uufs6sl9w3f1avb/Screenshot%202018-07-13%2020.36.16.png?dl=0.
I am using LNP. Also, a masterwork bed artifact that a dwarf made, has no bed sprite but is instead displayed as a big red X.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist

What material was the bed made of? Its a metal or rock bed, yes?

The LNP has a different version of the tileset from the one released here, and the reason the N look odd (as well as a lot of other letters) is that you picked the "Meph Map Tileset" as your font. It's only supposed to be used for actual maps, (screenshots for succession forts, etc), not for playing the game. I have a Meph Font Tileset for that, but I dont know if PeridexisErrant ever put it into the LNP.

EpicMadness

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

So your furball has leathery wings and a giant mouth full of sharp teeth? :-)
no, according to the body_default file the flying-head template is only a [BODY] with [UPPER_BODY][LOWER_BODY][HEAD][THOUGHT][FLIER] tags in it.
so technically, its just a lump of meat that flies.

so if you remove the [flier] tag then its basically a slime, add in two eyes and a bunch of hair and you get a furball.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist

When I was working on the varied wood sprites, I thought that maybe more special woods could get their own unique sprite... same idea for bars.

Feedback?

I'm aware that bars will mostly be hidden in bins, but I think it would be nice to occasionally see that rare adam-wafer around, or to be able to visually distinguish from iron bars and coke bars, or silver and soap. ^^

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist

WilhelmStein: Download these: https://imgur.com/a/Mj5s3km and replace the three _MDF_furniture pngs in data/art with the new ones. That should fix your artefact bed problem. I added a rock, metal, silver and gold bed, hope your artefact is one of those.
Pages: 1 ... 93 94 [95] 96 97 ... 187