Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Worldmap: What style would you prefer?

Icons, like ASCII but prettier.
Hand-drawn, like an old-timey sepia map.
Full graphics, like JRPGs with full-on sprites.
Same as the tileset ingame. Forests would use the tree sprite, mountains a rock sprite, etc.
Other. Please post your ideas/examples.

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 187

Author Topic: ☼Meph Tileset☼ V5.5 (32x32) - 47.05 - offline  (Read 895262 times)

Chaosegg

• Bay Watcher
  • Watch what is done more than what is said.
    • View Profile

Holy gaad, this is amazing! I can't even imagine how much love, sweat, blood & tears has gone into this; GREAT JERB!

[I'm] going to try this on my current Ironhand-43.05-32-bit game RIGHT AWAY.

Thanks Meph1! Keep the awesome coming!!
***Likes 'green' airships for their efficiency.***
Creative seeking other creative TTRPGers to join, or join me, for  immersive, fun, creative, team-crafted stories. Setting flexible; mostly sci-fi &/or fantasy (I know SW, MiddleEarth, DnD, & ST best, but Ulisses Spiele & Cypher System high on list too. There are a few other niche sys. like DCC, a homebrew 3.5 or Pathfndr I/II; But at this point I'd even DM or play a well-run 5e game. Let the ideas flow, and never forget the 4 pillars of an RPG!

DanielCoffey

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Thanks for the Linux 1.1 update too. Now I have got my Skyrim modding fiasco sorted (damned undocumented Special Edition changes), I can return to a fresh embark with the dorfs.
Caselabs S8 : Intel i5-12600K / 64Gb DDR4 3600 / Asus 1080 Ti / Samsung 980PRO 1Tb / Dell U2715H 27" 2560x1440 / Corsair AX1200i / APC SMT1500I / Windows 11

Caselabs X2M NAS 24Tb : Intel i3-8300 / 32Gb DDR4 3000 / ASUS ROG Strix H370-I / 4x WD Red 8Tb, Samsung 960PRO 1Tb / Corsair AX860i / APC SMT1000I / unRAID Plus 6.11.5

herocrafter

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Nice.  Came w/ the latest newb pack.  I can now pick out the various surface plants.  Still getting a feel of the icons and enjoying the ride.  I did pick a brighter color scheme though as I had to strain to see.  Lots of work went into your tileset. Thanks

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably browsing tasteful erotic dolphin photos
    • View Profile

This is amazing, but I'm worried, since a poster I once saw years ago said I shouldn't try it, not even once...

Should I run and hide, or should I try embrace this glorious tileset and play DF until my teeth melt and the pleasure receptors in my brain burn out?

I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---
Q: "Do you have any idea what you're doing?"
A: "No, not particularly."

Polywomple

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile

Meph I'm loving this tile set so far.

One thing I wanted to thank you for was for making the floor tiles a solid consistent color. Walls change color as they are smoothed, but I'm okay with that. I was using the Gemset tile set before and I only played that tile set because floors and walls were always one color (grey) and it helped create a predictable aesthetic feel to the fortress. So please don't change that! Keep smoothed floor tiles one color, it maintains a professional fortress image.

Really looking forward to carpets as you mentioned before, I've actually used bridges to simulate a "carpet" in my fortress. (BTW my hallways are always 7 tiles wide, I don't want any cramped Dorfs  8) )

Keep up the great work.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist

Really looking forward to carpets as you mentioned before, I've actually used bridges to simulate a "carpet" in my fortress. (BTW my hallways are always 7 tiles wide, I don't want any cramped Dorfs  8) )
MasterworkDF already has a carpet. But its for 16x16, so I cant just port it ^^
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

jecowa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Here's something you could use until something better gets made.
Spoiler: _Carpet32x.png (click to show/hide)

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist

Now with 100+ new creature sprites!

This update has 115 new creatures sprites, friendlier colors, and the 4-season color-script.

The 4-season script overlays the game with a slightly different color-scheme fitting the season. Winters are gloomier, with a cold blue hue... while summers are bright and colorful. Read more about it here: http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=161494.0

Spoiler: 4-seasons screenshot (click to show/hide)

I included 4 sets for the seasonal colors: Grimdark, Bright, Pastel and Subtle. :)

Credits: This time I did not make the sprites myself, but asked other artists, tilesetmakers and open/free-to-use game resources. Most creatures are done by an amazing artist called Denzi. :)

Copyright/Attribution Notice:
DENZI部屋のドット絵フリー素材は、クリエイティブ・コモンズ・ライセンス (http://www3.wind.ne.jp/DENZI/diary/) に基づいて公開しています。 (CC-by SA 表示-継承) https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-sa/3.0/ --- Medicine's crappy translation: "DENZI Room's pixel art (published at http://www3.wind.ne.jp/DENZI/diary/) is free material under the Creative Commons license (CC-BY-SA attribution, share alike) https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-sa/3.0/"
OpenGameArt.org
Stormbolts Angband Creature Set
Copyright/Attribution Notice:
Stephen "Redshrike" Challener, hosted by OpenGameArt.org
Jorge BF @ jbfproject
« Last Edit: November 16, 2016, 04:33:51 pm by Meph »
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

DanielCoffey

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Is it appropriate to move from Meph 1.1 to Meph 1.2 in the same game or do I have to do a new WorldGen?
Caselabs S8 : Intel i5-12600K / 64Gb DDR4 3600 / Asus 1080 Ti / Samsung 980PRO 1Tb / Dell U2715H 27" 2560x1440 / Corsair AX1200i / APC SMT1500I / Windows 11

Caselabs X2M NAS 24Tb : Intel i3-8300 / 32Gb DDR4 3000 / ASUS ROG Strix H370-I / 4x WD Red 8Tb, Samsung 960PRO 1Tb / Corsair AX860i / APC SMT1000I / unRAID Plus 6.11.5

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist

You should be able to copy everything over. Just remember that you have to update your saves too.

DanielCoffey

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Thanks - I will watch for the 1.2 Linux release.

Oh, your link in the announcement just above is not working. The link in the page 1 thread is however (windows only of course).

EDIT : Please could someone point me to instructions on which save files to update when the tileset changes. I can then bookmark the link and have a look.
« Last Edit: November 16, 2016, 05:05:19 pm by DanielCoffey »

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist

just copy the raw folder over. Thats it. dwarfortress/raw to data/save/regionX/raw. Done.

Thanks for the hint with the link, I fixed it.

milo christiansen

• Bay Watcher
  • Something generic here
    • View Profile

It's kinda cool to see seasonal colors :) I never actually used the script beyond some minimal testing.

I wonder how hard it would be to slowly change the colors as time passes... It wouldn't be hard to blend the colors on the fly, the only tricky bit would be deciding how much to blend from each for a particular date. Hmmm... Maybe later.
Rubble 8 - The most powerful modding suite in existence!
After all, coke is for furnaces, not for snorting.
You're not true dwarven royalty unless you own the complete 'Signature Collection' baby-bone bedroom set from NOKEAS

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist

It's kinda cool to see seasonal colors :) I never actually used the script beyond some minimal testing.

I wonder how hard it would be to slowly change the colors as time passes... It wouldn't be hard to blend the colors on the fly, the only tricky bit would be deciding how much to blend from each for a particular date. Hmmm... Maybe later.
What people asked about is a distinction between above and below-ground... seaons shouldnt affect the colors in a cave. Or my suggestio : a day/night cycle would be cool. ;)

Dirst

• Bay Watcher
  • [EASILY_DISTRA
    • View Profile

What people asked about is a distinction between above and below-ground... seaons shouldnt affect the colors in a cave. Or my suggestio : a day/night cycle would be cool. ;)
At the default 100FPS, a fort-mode day lasts twelve seconds.  I think that might get irritating after a while.

Above-below ground would require tile-by-tile control of the color scheme.  It might even call for determining the state of each border tile, since that gray figures prominently in the seasonal effect.  But if that's feasible, the idea could be extended into biome-specific effects as well.
Just got back, updating:
(0.42 & 0.43) The Earth Strikes Back! v2.15 - Pay attention...  It's a mine!  It's-a not yours!
(0.42 & 0.43) Appearance Tweaks v1.03 - Tease those hippies about their pointy ears.
(0.42 & 0.43) Accessibility Utility v1.04 - Console tools to navigate the map
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 187