Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Worldmap: What style would you prefer?

Icons, like ASCII but prettier.
Hand-drawn, like an old-timey sepia map.
Full graphics, like JRPGs with full-on sprites.
Same as the tileset ingame. Forests would use the tree sprite, mountains a rock sprite, etc.
Other. Please post your ideas/examples.

Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 187

Author Topic: ☼Meph Tileset☼ V5.5 (32x32) - 47.05 - offline  (Read 895380 times)

jecowa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I'm kind of thinking that TWBT v1.26 was a temporary fix to get the pre-0.44 buildings working, but it still can't override the Display Case and the Pedestal since the alpha version of DFHack for 0.44.02 only had the buildings from DF v0.43.05.

Broms

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Hey, anyone else not having the texture packs load? When I place carpets and such they look to be random graphics and the tiles are all shaded in as if the new update isn't taking hold. When I look at DFhack I am getting an error.
"
attemping to load color palette file: "/data/save/region1/raw/colors.txt" Could not open file. The current world do not provide a valid default palette, disabling palette swapping for this world."

Any ideas how to fix it?

jecowa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

It sounds like your save file might not have the /raw/ content loaded. Graphics packs have to store creature graphics in each save file that you use them in. And many graphics packs modify the /raw/objects/ content to change which tiles are used for some items.

Broms

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Ya the weird thing is I was using the full pre-installed version from Meph's pack.

jecowa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Were you using a save file from somewhere else? Or did you create a new world with Meph 32x?

Broms

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Yes, I created a new world with Meph 32x exactly out of the download.

Moonshine Fox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I'm going to chalk this up to "you're running alpha content, you dunce" but I just installed Meph in df 44.03 with the DFhack alpha 1 and TWBT 6.27 and it looks like this. I'm just going to assume that something is fishy with the overrides atm?

jecowa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

It looks like your link is broken.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist

I have a working 44.03 version, which I'll upload now. Just wait a bit. ^^
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
Re: ☼Meph Tileset☼ V1.75 - 32x - 43.05 & 44.03 - Win/Mac/Linux
« Reply #324 on: December 29, 2017, 10:50:55 am »

ANOTHER UPDATE!

Changelog:
- Updated to 44.03.
 - Fixed decorational buildings. They all work now!
 - Fixed bookcase building.
 - Fixed one different-looking wall tile.
 - Fixed earring tile.
 - Added tile for display case and pedestal, both building and item.
 - Added Spearman, Master-Spearman, Blowgunner and Master-Blowgunner for underground animal men tribes.
 - Added tile for window item.
 - Added new tiles for ice floor, ice walls, smoothed ice floors, smoothed ice walls, ice stairs and ice pillars.
 - Added new floor hatch tile and fixed wooden floor hatch.
 - Added new driftwood tile.
 - Updated tree densities
 - Smoothed wall endings now blend into the rock.

Ok, this is a quick update with 4 main features.

1. Decorations work again. These were broken for quite some time due to a TWBT issue with the new DF. This has been fixed my Mifki, and everything works perfectly again. In case you don't know what kind of decorations I'm talking about, see this old post:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

2. ICE! Glaciers got their own unique tiles for terrain and fortress.

If you look closely, you can see the mined tile slowly breaking... the ice gets cracks.

3. Walls

The end of smoothed walls now blend into the rock. :)

4. Cavern civs

Subterranean animal men sometimes form tribes with spearmen and blowgunners in the caverns. Well, those have proper profession sprites now.

Special thanks to Jecowa, who send me several bug reports, together with a suggested fix right away. Those were really helpful and you have to thank him for the fixed earring, wood densities and altered wall tile.

::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

IDontNeedAUsername

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
Re: ☼Meph Tileset☼ V1.75 - 32x - 44.03 - Win/Mac/Linux - Updated 28th Dec
« Reply #325 on: December 29, 2017, 01:33:36 pm »

Haven't had time for engaging in anything other than family activities for months.

But this.  This, my friend, is the siren to my Odysseus.

Moonshine Fox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

It looks like your link is broken.
It actually deleted itself for some reason. Fixed now though.

Moonshine Fox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I have a working 44.03 version, which I'll upload now. Just wait a bit. ^^
Ah. So it was the "calm the hell down" thing. ^^ Thanks Meph!

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #328 on: December 29, 2017, 10:20:21 pm »

It's late here, but I really wanted to finish the caverns.

I had to change the depth of a few underground trees to make them more distinct from each other, and restrict the depth of 1 grass per cavern. Technically that goes above changing graphics, but it really doesn't matter if you get "spore tree wood" or "tunnel tube wood" in cavern 1 and not 2, and vice versa.

I also made some designs for good and evil regions, which I so far mostly ignored. ^^

In short:
 - Cavern 1, rocky floor, green, giant mushrooms.
 - Cavern 2, fungi floor, dark green, trees with weird fungi-leaves.
 - Cavern 3, tentacle floor, cyan, giant mushrooms.

For them I did end up using a few 32x minecraft sprites... I didn't plan to, was just looking at their texture packs to get some good ideas, but 8 tiles in total got stuck with me. ^^

Credits:
  - http://pixeljoint.com/pixelart/67541.htm  DustyCraft by Dusty (6 tiles)
  - ArestiansDawn Minecraft tileset by Levaunt (1 tile, Hellsand, heavily altered)
  - Derivation_5 Minecraft tileset by theVoid1313 (1 tile, Hellsand)

What do you guys think? (Evil regions maybe a bit overdone? ^^)

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #329 on: December 30, 2017, 12:06:36 am »

I love the sprites.

Not sure about the raw changes, though.
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 187