Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Worldmap: What style would you prefer?

Icons, like ASCII but prettier.
Hand-drawn, like an old-timey sepia map.
Full graphics, like JRPGs with full-on sprites.
Same as the tileset ingame. Forests would use the tree sprite, mountains a rock sprite, etc.
Other. Please post your ideas/examples.

Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 187

Author Topic: ☼Meph Tileset☼ V5.5 (32x32) - 47.05 - offline  (Read 895353 times)

Acolyte

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Post or send me the download link as you like. :)

Never mind - got it to work.  :) Just had to copy my mods over to your RAW files. Nothing extreme - I just remove rust from the dwarves, make the nobles show up later, change the insects and worms that poultry should eat to [EDIBLE_GROUND_BUG] to get rid of the excess vermin they create with the rooting behavior and up the size of the smaller domestic animals to provide a little meat when butchered. That's about it.

This is a great set - are you going to be adding it to the LNP?

- Shane

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist

PeridexisErrant got the link to add it, yes.

Could I please still have the save? I really need to see a larger fort, to find bugs. ;)
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Acolyte

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

PeridexisErrant got the link to add it, yes.

Could I please still have the save? I really need to see a larger fort, to find bugs. ;)

Can't seem to get an attachment to .... attach. Do I need dropbox or something?

- Shane

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist

Well, you'd need to upload a file somewhere... DFFD, Dropbox, Megashare, whatever. That being said, it's not necessary anymore. I downloaded 5 forts from the community fort forum, spend the last 1-2 hours looking through them.

Found lots of small stuff I want to improve, but nothing horribly broken. :)
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist

Vordak, who made the beautiful dwarf sprites in 32x here, allowed me to add a few of his tiles into the set. This means a free upgrade to the tracks, potentially trap-components, and several options for the dwarves. While I will keep the original dwarf design, it never hurts to offer options to the player. So maybe you'll see 2 or 3 dwarf civ-sprite sets in future. You can pick one, or I make them all available at the same time.

Today I worked on machines. Siege engines are the toughest items to work on, it's insane how convulated their design is, due to being multi-tile workshops that turn, without turning their tiles. Instead they realign them, so it's a 9 piece puzzle that always has to look good in any configuration. Here the results:

I think it turned out quite alright, all things considered. Ballista-parts and Catapult-parts also show different sprites now, so you can keep them apart with one look. Siege ammo looks a lot more solid and heavy now.

Please let me know what you think about the trap components... which ones would you like to see added?

Next I'll have a look at the axles, gear assemblies, screw pump, windmill and waterwheel.

Fluffe9911

• Bay Watcher
  • Such ‼Socks‼ Much Fun
    • View Profile

Hmm I think I would go in trap order You for the axe trap Vordak for the corkscrew Obsidian for the spiked ball obsidian for the saw blade and vordak or obsidian for the spike trap this is just based on what I think looks best for what thing so I think these would be good lol

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist

Progress. :)

jecowa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I've been kind of hoping you and Vordak would join forces.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist

New screw pump. I remade a 32x version from scratch of a similar design to Dorens 24x set. Much cleaner.

Amostubal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

On the trapcomps... the Vordak set looks better to me. except the discs.... none of the discs look right  they need to be more circular, with more eh saw blade like teeth? which at that pixel size is like little triangles or dots, lol.  but If I had to choose Vordak or Obsidian.
Legendary Dwarf Fortress
Legendary Discord Group
"...peering into the darkness behind the curtains, evokes visions of pixies being chased by dragons while eating cupcakes made of coral iced with liquid fire while their hearts burn out with unknown plant substances..." - a quote from the diaries of Amostubal

Vordak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

*deleted remark about gamma

About different different graphic for constructed and smoothed wall.

I think that they should be almost identical, but only constructed wall must look like brickwork.

Spoiler:  Example walls (click to show/hide)

Drawn of saw blade
« Last Edit: December 22, 2017, 05:40:42 pm by Vordak »

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist

I did not edit them at all. Those are compression artefacts, because I posted the screenshot as a JPG and not as a PNG, because it's smaller. That's why they look blurry.

Ingame (and in the files), they are 1-on-1 the same. Same for the tracks, no changes.

Sanctume

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I kinda don't like how hard it is to see my temporay fort dug in the soil layer. 

The floor and dirt walls blends fairly well so it's hard to see at a glance when 3-wide hallway is dug with door-less 3x3 workshops.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist

I kinda don't like how hard it is to see my temporay fort dug in the soil layer. 

The floor and dirt walls blends fairly well so it's hard to see at a glance when 3-wide hallway is dug with door-less 3x3 workshops.
In dirt they should look very distinct. Do you mean sand?

Finding out about the moon-indicator tile through the wiki, I tried improving it. Ended up improving the entire ingame menu, except for the moon tile (which uses text unfortunately).

DragonDePlatino

• Bay Watcher
  • [HABIT:COLLECT_WEALTH]
    • View Profile

I really like how those menus look! The celtic detailing adds a lot of character without cluttering up the interface. However, I do agree about the contrast between walls and floors.

Where does the wall end and the floor begin in that screw pump screenshot? The wall tiles should be a little brighter than the floor tiles to let the player know at a glance what is solid or nonsolid. I tend to heavily exaggerate the difference but you should have this as an absolute minimum:

Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 187