Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Worldmap: What style would you prefer?

Icons, like ASCII but prettier.
Hand-drawn, like an old-timey sepia map.
Full graphics, like JRPGs with full-on sprites.
Same as the tileset ingame. Forests would use the tree sprite, mountains a rock sprite, etc.
Other. Please post your ideas/examples.

Pages: 1 ... 126 127 [128] 129 130 ... 187

Author Topic: ☼Meph Tileset☼ V5.5 (32x32) - 47.05 - offline  (Read 896671 times)

Vordak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Vordak: Looks great. I've recently seen some terrain changes in your screenshots, grass, dirt, rocks... guess you are planning a larger update?
This will be my biggest update for non-creature tiles. Grass, saplings, dirt, rocks, vast majority of walls, stairs and furniture, many fixes and other my taste changes.

1)About smoke.
As for me - the beauty of smoke\miasma is that nothing is visible in it. This is a kind of obstacle that makes the game more fun - visible in smoke items, definitely, is cheat.

2)About viking dwarves.
Are you talking about creature-dwarves or room design?

3)About Meph Launcher.exe
Is it possible to make the design images somewhere in TilesetExtras folder? Just for my tileset I would like to make a another logotype, something like Meph Tileset vX.X + Vordak Tileset vX.X. It's just hard for me to decompile .exe file - I'm in this little understand.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist

Vordak: Looks great. I've recently seen some terrain changes in your screenshots, grass, dirt, rocks... guess you are planning a larger update?
This will be my biggest update for non-creature tiles. Grass, saplings, dirt, rocks, vast majority of walls, stairs and furniture, many fixes and other my taste changes.
Awesome, good to see :)

1)About smoke.
As for me - the beauty of smoke\miasma is that nothing is visible in it. This is a kind of obstacle that makes the game more fun - visible in smoke items, definitely, is cheat.
But they are visible if you look with 'k' manually. It's just an extra step.

2)About viking dwarves.
Are you talking about creature-dwarves or room design?
Room design. If I do real-life cultures, it would be for humans.

3)About Meph Launcher.exe
Is it possible to make the design images somewhere in TilesetExtras folder? Just for my tileset I would like to make a another logotype, something like Meph Tileset vX.X + Vordak Tileset vX.X. It's just hard for me to decompile .exe file - I'm in this little understand.
What do you mean with design images and logotype?

If you want more options for your set in the Launcher, let me know, and I can see if I can add them. It's in VisualBasics and I have to compile it for every change, but you help me so much I'd be happy to add things for you.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Splint

• Bay Watcher
  • War is a valid form of diplomacy.
    • View Profile

So is this update save compatible, or will Ferncrypt have to content itself with outdated stuff? Cause I happen to be working on road construction there and I... Can't actually recall what you said on this sort of thing in terms of what needs a new gen or not.

Vordak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

What do you mean with design images and logotype?
I mean the convenience of changing the logo from the top image and changing the background (maybe lava) from the second one.
If for some reason my wish cannot be done, then nothing terrible - I have Microsoft Visual Studio.
Spoiler: Pic (click to show/hide)

falcn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

One thing I noticed in the announcements.txt that ships with barebones tileset
Code: [Select]
[BODY_TRANSFORMATION:A_D:D_D]NOSTOPTRANSAre you sure you don't want the game to pause and recenter on were-creature transformation? This can be quite deadly for new players
default is
[BODY_TRANSFORMATION:A_D:D_D:BOX:P:R]YESSTOPTRANS pause, recenter, show red box

Also, d_init has
[COFFIN_NO_PETS_DEFAULT:NO]
It is quite annoying to disable pets every time during coffin setup
« Last Edit: January 13, 2019, 02:00:58 pm by falcn »

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist

Vordak: Those are the background images I use. Both for the tileset launcher and the masterworkDF launcher. https://imgur.com/a/x2s9g4d Just send me any altered versions you'd like, and I'll make a custom version for your tileset updates. :)

Falcn: Good points. Changed both. Sometimes I do change settings to test stuff and make the mistake of not restoring it to default.
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

falcn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Updated Mac Pack to V4.5

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist

Someone reminded me on Reddit about waves... is this something of interest?

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

That looks much nicer than the current river water.

falcn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

That looks much nicer than the current river water.
If you have water level turned on (Ctrl-w), original shows very nice flow animation (quality lost due to compression)
« Last Edit: January 14, 2019, 01:21:08 am by falcn »

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist

Oh wow, that's a dark screenshot. Grass should be like on the picture above.

But yeah, the two designs are very different. The newer one is friendlier and has waves, while the older one has more information: The depth and the flow direction.

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Having an issue with the bone door still. Anyone else just getting a black tile? I made several other things as well (everything in fact) to verify. It's the only thing so far not working.

As you can see, black square. I've also built the stairs and a wrap around wall as of this picture.  It's the only thing so far not working.

Changes were don 99% through the launcher, consisting of revised, foul blendecs, slower farming, no nerves and no aquifers. Only thing I did was add some vanilla weapons to the dwarves and adjusted their minimum size values so dwarves could wield them.

Boltgun

• Bay Watcher
  • [UTTERANCES]
    • View Profile

The problem with the script that extends the color range is that any item that is set to be black (or maybe lacking a color) is completely black. Is the bone material set to have a black background and the door all background ?

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist

Open your overrides.txt in data/init, search for "#BONE doors", and replace anything there with:

#BONE doors
[OVERRIDE:197:I:DOOR:DOOR::_MDF_overrides_7:143:7::BONE]
[OVERRIDE:240:I:DOOR:DOOR::_MDF_overrides_7:143:7::BONE]
[OVERRIDE:186:I:DOOR:DOOR::_MDF_overrides_7:143:7::BONE]
[OVERRIDE:79:I:DOOR:DOOR::_MDF_overrides_7:143:7::BONE]
[OVERRIDE:15:I:DOOR:DOOR::_MDF_overrides_7:143:7::BONE]
#BONE doors
[OVERRIDE:197:B:DOOR:Door::_MDF_overrides_7:143:7::BONE]
[OVERRIDE:240:B:DOOR:Door::_MDF_overrides_7:143:7::BONE]
[OVERRIDE:186:B:DOOR:Door::_MDF_overrides_7:143:7::BONE]
[OVERRIDE:79:B:DOOR:Door::_MDF_overrides_7:143:7::BONE]
[OVERRIDE:15:B:DOOR:Door::_MDF_overrides_7:143:7::BONE]

Let me know if it works. I added the last three lines... (EDIT: Tested, works.)

Edit: Boltgun: I think it simply doesnt have the fitting override. The wiki has no entry for bone doors, and doors change their tile number depending on material... found 5 entries in total. ^^ The color in this case is hardcoded by me, it uses the furniture-top.png, which ignores any ingame color.

Edit: Vordak mentioned having a look at plants, and I agree. They were done very early, when I had even less of an idea what I'm doing than now. :P I sat down with some old sprites by RallyHo/Rydel and ObsidianSoul, and made a new set based on those, altered quite a bit here and there. The plants are smaller, have a stronger contrast and should look much clearer on grassy background. I also made better farm plots. :)

Edit: Splint, I added the wavy water for brooks. They had no animation so far.
« Last Edit: January 14, 2019, 05:54:59 am by Meph »

falcn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Oh wow, that's a dark screenshot. Grass should be like on the picture above.

Above is the difference between season-palette (autumn) and no season palette.
I agree, that's way too dark.
The problem I have with season palette is that it changes everything, including things that should not be affected by season in any way, like deep underground parts of your fort, caverns, magma sea. But that is not so bad. What really made me turn it off is that it changes colors for main menus and all UI. You can see it on the text in the picture above.
You depend on certain colors in UI to mean specific things, but that changes 4 times per year, which, depending on the season, might be mildly infuriating. It' still legible, but...weird.
Anyone else feels this way?

But yeah, the two designs are very different. The newer one is friendlier and has waves, while the older one has more information: The depth and the flow direction.
River animation is direction-aware?
Pages: 1 ... 126 127 [128] 129 130 ... 187