Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Worldmap: What style would you prefer?

Icons, like ASCII but prettier.
Hand-drawn, like an old-timey sepia map.
Full graphics, like JRPGs with full-on sprites.
Same as the tileset ingame. Forests would use the tree sprite, mountains a rock sprite, etc.
Other. Please post your ideas/examples.

Pages: 1 ... 97 98 [99] 100 101 ... 187

Author Topic: ☼Meph Tileset☼ V5.5 (32x32) - 47.05 - offline  (Read 897160 times)

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist

Try placing a lot of farmplots or decoration-workshops. I had repeatable crashes that way, but they seem system-dependend.

Anything you need for succubi? Missing 32x sprites for items, Workshops, etc?
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

EpicMadness

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

the golden floor is a little hard on the eye.
not the first person to mention it. Added to my list of things to improve.
i suggest increasing the mesh size, fine mesh makes it glaring.
and to differentiate it from grates, how about changing the lattice?

Mrok Girl

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Wall mounted trophies would be great, and I wouldn't even mind if they were only for the horizontal wall, because we can't even see what's on the other walls that well anyway, but if you want to save space, how about a floor tile that would be like an Armour Stand or Weapons Stand with the trophy on it instead?

Taxidermy statues are awesome and clever :D Would it take the whole corpse though? I mean, I don't mind that much but many corpses can be butchered so I guess we'd have to be vigilant.
« Last Edit: July 17, 2018, 06:27:47 am by Mrok Girl »
Newcastle 5 Chambers megaproject.

Datura

• Bay Watcher
  • Klaatu! Barada! Hrmhrmhrm!
    • View Profile

So, to update my current V3.2, should I just overwrite everything with the new version, or is it better to copy my save to a "clean" new version folder?

EpicMadness

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

copy over your save, plus overwriting your old game wouldn't allow you to revert.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist

Yeah, just copy the save into the new version.
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Pvt. Pirate

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Linux User
    • View Profile

the golden floor is a little hard on the eye.
not the first person to mention it. Added to my list of things to improve.
*thumbs up* :) otherwise i'm again amazed from your great work :)
"dwarves are by definition alcohol powered parasitic beards, which will cling to small caveadapt humanoids." (Chaia)

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist

Gold floor alternative versions, courtesy of dokucraft:

They also have quite nice terrain:

« Last Edit: July 17, 2018, 03:59:35 pm by Meph »

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile

Third down on the right looks like a good version of the mesh idea without being too eye-gougey. :>
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist

For now i picked top left.

Mrok Girl

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Gold floor alternative versions, courtesy of dokucraft:

They also have quite nice terrain:

I like top left, 2nd top left, top right if it was a bit darker, 3rd right and bottom right.
Newcastle 5 Chambers megaproject.

EpicMadness

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

bottom left could work as a door with a bit of adjustment.

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile

I feel like I'd confuse it pretty often with doors if it were used as a floor, yeah.
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist

Maybe I'll add it as a door at some point. ;)

Design idea for gem furniture/walls: I carbon-copy the stone sprites and literaly engrave them with gems, like this ruby-mock-up:

It's fairly easy to do (this is a mock-up, final product would look nicer), it makes sense ingame (no gems large enough to make entire furniture out of them), and it would fit stylistically with the stone walls... people could put single gem-blocks in between as highlights. :)

Just to be clear: This is NOT gem-encrusted furniture, like "diorite table encrusted with ruby", but instead it would be a "ruby table". TWBT can't distinguish between different decorations on objects.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist

Ok, so here my current to-do list:
 - Adamantine set
 - Glass set
 - Ice set (+workshop to make them)
 - Bone set (+workshop to make them)
 - Gem set (+workshop to make them)
 - Human/Elf/Kobold/Goblin set (+workshop to make them)
 - Some tools/object sets for different materials.
 - Trophies (Goblin, Kobolds, Elf, Human, Other?)
 - Taxidermied Animals / Animal Statues
 - Remaining creature sprites (current placeholders are upscaled 24x sprites)
 - Modded utility workshops (coloring blocks, cleaning the fort, simple drag&drop mods)
 - Succubus sprite support (for Boltguns succubus mod)
 - Orc sprite support (for Smakes orc fortress mod)
 - Roads based on different materials (to quickly cover lots of grounds in fancy new floor tiles)
 - More "variety" sprites (alternates of existing sprites to make things more organic/less copy paste), for example for tree trunks, farm plots, most frequently farmed plants, leaves, tree bark, etc.
 - Different item sprites for bone/shell/leather armors; obsidian swords, silk vs yarn items, wooden vs metal shields...
 - Different item sprites for buildable tools/missing furniture, like hives, nest boxes, restraints/chains/ropes, etc.
 - Check and improve all designations (mining, plants to collect, trees to cut down)
 - Fix "carried items display wrong sprite" bug (which requires a lot of main tileset tiles, I could for example remove "animated vermin sprites" to make the space)

Feel free to discuss. I'll be gone for a bit, at least no more updates the coming week(s). I'll still be online now and then and read/answer.
Pages: 1 ... 97 98 [99] 100 101 ... 187