Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Worldmap: What style would you prefer?

Icons, like ASCII but prettier.
Hand-drawn, like an old-timey sepia map.
Full graphics, like JRPGs with full-on sprites.
Same as the tileset ingame. Forests would use the tree sprite, mountains a rock sprite, etc.
Other. Please post your ideas/examples.

Pages: 1 ... 80 81 [82] 83 84 ... 187

Author Topic: ☼Meph Tileset☼ V5.5 (32x32) - 47.05 - offline  (Read 897395 times)

Vordak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: ☼Meph Tileset☼ V2.9 - 32x - 44.09 - Updated 7th May - Wood update
« Reply #1215 on: May 07, 2018, 05:00:43 pm »

Pvt. Pirate

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Linux User
    • View Profile
« Reply #1216 on: May 07, 2018, 05:05:20 pm »

No, sorry. If you don't want flux walls, don't use flux to build them. I added two different designs for a reason, to give players options.

DF ignore adjacent tiles sadly, otherwise I'd be all up in tapestries, carpets and the like. Especially fortifications, because they only have 1 single tile, which has to fit omnidirectional. :/
okay. i like how your work flourishes and blooms these days :) maybe i can throw in some rough drafts for designs too.
"dwarves are by definition alcohol powered parasitic beards, which will cling to small caveadapt humanoids." (Chaia)

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #1217 on: May 07, 2018, 05:13:12 pm »

That would be great. :)

Sorry to disappoint on the fortifications, but some people like outdoor forts; those will appreciate the barbicans. It makes for a cool looking castle, without having to build several z-levels high and top it off with fortifications. I mean, the entire point of the latest updates is variety... I can't make all walls blend smoothly into each other. ;)
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Nefarian

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1218 on: May 07, 2018, 05:47:00 pm »

Weapon grade-metal looks incredibly good, but imo the doors look too different compared with the rest of the furniture and the walls. It's still great tho.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #1219 on: May 07, 2018, 05:55:45 pm »

Nefarian: Look again.

Last bit for today: Obsidian.

It's the edgy evil design; was fun to make. It's a bit dark, but if you want more contrast just use a different floor tile for underneath.

The walls are again surface-type barbicans (since I only had 1 of those so far) and obsidian is most often made/used on volcano embarks, which have magma-access directly at the surface.

The chairs are supposed to look like a certain Iron Throne. It doesn't have the right orientation when put below a table (as Vordak pointed out), but I think it's excusable for one set.

I took the criticism on the stairs to heart and tried out two new designs: Spiral (for metal) and Ladder (for obsidian).

Credits:
 - Walls based on Warcraft II, just like the flux version; the coffin and statue are by Vordak, I just added spikes to fit the rest of the objects.

Thoughts?
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Nefarian

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1220 on: May 07, 2018, 06:08:33 pm »

The Obsidian looks perfect, loving the spikes everywhere and the curved swords, for some reason, are perfect for the dark-and-spiky theme.

The metal door now is perfect!

Can't wait to see all the rest, i already know it's going to be awesome. ^^

« Last Edit: May 07, 2018, 06:18:05 pm by Nefarian »

Hommit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1221 on: May 08, 2018, 06:43:35 am »

maybe make obsidian stairs bit lighter? they are barely visible imo
also spikes on up stairs should be reverted, like it hangs from the ceiling

Mrok Girl

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1222 on: May 08, 2018, 09:45:15 am »

I love the Obsidian tileset, but dislike the stairs in the metal one. They just seem to be viewed at the wrong angle to everything else and it annoys me. Not that much of a problem though, I don't see myself constructing anything from weapons' grade metal (unless it's copper I guess).

Are you looking for ideas and/or finished tiles for stuff? If yes, how would one go about helping out with this gorgeous expansion?

Edit: I don't suppose this hack can be used to finally give us female dwarf sprites?
« Last Edit: May 08, 2018, 09:48:21 am by Mrok Girl »
Newcastle 5 Chambers megaproject.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #1223 on: May 08, 2018, 10:16:53 am »

lol, most of the feedback I get is about stairs... people love the stairs, people hate the stairs... OH, the spiral staircases look amazing, oh, the only thing I don't like are the metal staircases... :D

Anyway, no caste-specific creature sprites.

If you want to help, draw sprites. :) Or have a good look at the ones I made and tell me which ones have obvious mistakes.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #1224 on: May 08, 2018, 10:33:25 am »

Somehow I'm not happy at all with the gold; aka non-weapon-grade metal set.

In silver it looks fine, but the yellow in DF is just so... non-shiny. I even added little white "bling" to the objects, and it still looks bad. :/

Spoiler: With shiny bling (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Without bling (click to show/hide)

The furniture looks fine when build on dark background, but if everything is gold, it kinda loses the point.

PS: Armor and weapons on the racks are from Vordaks set. :)

Vordak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1225 on: May 08, 2018, 10:36:41 am »

Gold without bling is better, but need more contrast with furniture and walls, and walls and floor.
Furniture is too monotonous.

About obsidian:
On coffin, in my opinion, skeleton should be less bright - it should look like a hewn. Stair is very cool.

About metal:
Something is wrong with the perspective of the barrel cover.
« Last Edit: May 08, 2018, 10:48:46 am by Vordak »

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #1226 on: May 08, 2018, 10:48:19 am »

I already made the skeleton darker. :)

I agree on the gold without bling. Guess I have to make the walls/floor... darker(?) too.

When you say too monotonous, do you mean the carvings on box, table, chair and cabinet?

Vordak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1227 on: May 08, 2018, 10:52:11 am »

Few of gradations of gold color - need more - in furniture - coffin, slab and coffer.
The floor must be darker.
About furniture and walls - I do not know what should be darker.

About obsidian:
Throne is not contrast with their swords backs.
« Last Edit: May 08, 2018, 10:56:04 am by Vordak »

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #1228 on: May 08, 2018, 11:00:56 am »

Yeah, I think for gold, you can go with darker floors with sharp bright highlights.

Nefarian

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1229 on: May 08, 2018, 11:03:03 am »

I don't like the bling, it takes the attention away from the furniture into the shiny bling. Maybe making them lucid/polished like the weapon grade metal would better give the message of "oooooh, shiny"

Besides that, yellow on yellow will always be ugly no matter what, it's just a terrible combination. Meanwhile, gold on a dark background complements and emphasizes the gold color, resulting in a much better image overall. Drawing them to fit with dark colors (instead of gold on gold) is much better imo
Pages: 1 ... 80 81 [82] 83 84 ... 187