Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Intro: Flammable Lint?  (Read 638 times)

Valdus92

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Blog "Scrawls"
Intro: Flammable Lint?
« on: October 10, 2016, 01:29:47 pm »

At a ripe old age (I owned the original D&D redbox) I have discovered DF, and quite frankly I am stunned. My week has burned away like flammable lint. What a glorious creation with levels of complexity this is. Former teacher, current gamer and RPG gamer, I just wanted to say thank you for this amazing amazing thing.

Now, where is my son again?

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
Re: Intro: Flammable Lint?
« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2016, 02:29:46 pm »

Welcome to the forums! Do note that this is the general discussion subforum, reserved for anything non-game related. You migh want to move your post to the "DF General Discussion" subforum. You should be able to find a move button somewhere in the edit screen of your OP.

Once you done that, all that's left for you to do is get your son into DF as well, and fill your fridge with pizza.
Friendly and polite reminder for optimists: Hope is a finite resource

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=73719.msg1830479#msg1830479

x2yzh9

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 10, 2016, 02:56:15 pm »

Welcome to the forums! Do note that this is the general discussion subforum, reserved for anything non-game related. You migh want to move your post to the "DF General Discussion" subforum. You should be able to find a move button somewhere in the edit screen of your OP.

Once you done that, all that's left for you to do is get your son into DF as well, and fill your fridge with pizza.
Quoted for truth
Also, pizza is great. Also, donuts.

Valdus92

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Blog "Scrawls"
« Reply #3 on: October 10, 2016, 04:45:27 pm »

Thanks for the move suggestion, but alas I do not have the proper rank in the fortress to have the right to move it. However, know that I would do it if I could.

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 10, 2016, 05:00:29 pm »

There should be a button near the bottom of the regular forum page that says "move topic".

Welcome to the forums!
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 10, 2016, 05:01:12 pm »

Welcome! Flammable lint sounds rather apt, although I've never actually burned any lint, myself.
Man, I remember first discovering DF... that was a good time. I am unsure quite how many dwarves and forts met their demise before I figured out how to build furniture, but it was more than it should have been. >.>
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Catmeat

• Bay Watcher
  • 50/50 cat pork burger wth sweet lime sauce is best
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 10, 2016, 07:31:56 pm »

One of us.
One of us.
One of us.
Welcome father, may I offer you some candy?
Puns are social lubricant.
Too much and you lose sensation

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • 4mask always angle, do figure theirs!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 10, 2016, 08:07:25 pm »

Sal-u-tations!

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 10, 2016, 10:04:16 pm »

At a ripe old age (I owned the original D&D redbox) I have discovered DF, and quite frankly I am stunned. My week has burned away like flammable lint. What a glorious creation with levels of complexity this is. Former teacher, current gamer and RPG gamer, I just wanted to say thank you for this amazing amazing thing.

Now, where is my son again?
Hi!

Always good to see fresh BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD--oops.  Excuse my excitement.

It's good to see new people!  Welcome aboard!
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.