Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 23

Author Topic: ASOF (Game Thread) Day 1-Jao is useful  (Read 29592 times)

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
Re: A Star once Fallen (Game Thread) Day 1-A menacing string of 'O's
« Reply #135 on: October 26, 2016, 05:28:09 pm »

"I don't have any gold," Wen-Tsu whispered to the eejit-caller. "All I have are some shiny pebbles and stuff."
She opened her hand to reveal some moon rocks - in the form of some gleaming jade gems.
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably browsing tasteful erotic dolphin photos
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: October 26, 2016, 05:37:13 pm »

"There's no need to be rude..." the shiny bloody bunny rabbit muttered quietly.

"Can you explain why we're being rude to them," Anders whispered to the moon rabbit, leaner closer. "Also, if you have a moment, could you explain rudeness to me?"
I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---
Q: "Do you have any idea what you're doing?"
A: "No, not particularly."

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: October 27, 2016, 04:52:45 am »

"I don't have any gold," Wen-Tsu whispered to the eejit-caller. "All I have are some shiny pebbles and stuff."

"Er yes. I don’t think I’ve got much gold on me either, but don’t worry – it’s a trap, you see,” whispers back Jao.

UXLZ

• Bay Watcher
  • God Eater
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: October 27, 2016, 05:00:36 am »

Emilia ignored all the whispering and just focused on her newfound feeling of agility. If they got into a fight, she'd need to make sure she didn't accidentally miss her attack timing due to unexpected speed.
Ahhh~ She looked into your eyes,
And saw what laid beneath,
Don't try to save yourself,
The circle is complete.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: October 27, 2016, 10:48:31 am »

Is there any objections to following the horrible swamp creatures into their obvious trap?

With no objections forthcoming, the group packs up their equipment, and follows the terrifying swamp monsters into the darkness. Great plan!

Always one step ahead with their huge, loping strides, the shadowy swamp dwellers beckon the group steadily to the West. Through fen and bog and marsh and other swampy analogues, etc, etc.

Perception=?

Wen-Tsu, perhaps more afraid being eaten due to her nature as a tasty morsel, seems to be alone in noticing something is very off about the creatures. Their bodies don't move right...she thinks some part of them is an illusion designed to fool the party about what they really look like.

She also notes they have some similarity to the six-armed monkey beings who pestered them all night long, as both groups seemed very careful to stick to the shadows, concealing their finer features and details.

Well over an hour later, the party seems to arrive at their intended destination.

The clearing ahead opens upon a small swamp village. About a dozen houses are scattered about between dirt paths, of significant length, and irregular height-each house looks as if a single huge log was dragged here, and then the interior was literally carved from the inside. Some of the houses are connected to the canopy overhead by rope ladders and pegs, suggesting additional buildings overhead.

It's seemingly abandoned now, though judging by the state of the buildings it must have been a recent evacuation-most of the buildings are still in well made condition, and there's even well tended farms, under some of the crudely carved windows.

Wen-Tsu notes, somewhat abstractly, the wood chips from the hollowed logs make excellent mulch for the growing of swamp veggies in their little gardens. If they're not entirely carnivores, maybe they're nice!

Moubu sees no provisions for city defense here, certainly no walls, gates or spiked palisades. They must be confident in their ability to defend themselves through other means, or have no natural enemies.

Jao wonders what they would need gold for in eejit swamp. What would they have to spend it on, anyway?

Anders realizes there must be freshwater here. In fact, they must be close to the river Grik indicated on his map...

Emilia feels light as feather, but this place seems heavy to her soul. As if there was once great violence here, long ago.

Seemingly as the centerpiece to this quaint little burg, your friend Caern is located in the center of the village, tied to a skinny tree, bound with a length of heavy black iron chain. He seems awake and aware, but unable to free himself...

"Gooooo! Help friend! Then trade!" The Swamp Thing comments, pointing to Caern. He and his fellows form a wall between the party and the entrance to the village.

He holds out a shadowy appendage toward Jao

"Make deal. Yooooou get that one, and we get The Shiny Gooooold. Swear to Spirits?"

He seems to be waiting for Jao to agree, before parting and allowing the party to pass. Jao himself feels a certain...pressure...that is not entirely earthly. Perhaps, it's just the gas from the beans he ate for dinner, or maybe this deal might be binding magically.

Caern himself, is no doubt happy to see his allies, within shouting distance.

He has little memory of what brought him to this place, only that he was flung off the ship during the storm, and he was barely able to make it to shore before passing out...he had horrible dreams...and when he woke up, he was bound here in this empty little village, feeling very confused.

He tried to break the chains, naturally, but it seems the Swamp Beings had done something to him...stolen an essential part of him...he reckons he should feel hungry, but he doesn't. He should be able to break free, but his strength seems to be sapped by some sort of strange magic. As if he's been torn in half, somehow, on a deep spiritual level. It feels wrong, whatever it is. And, the feeling of that...dissonance...he sometimes gets with his golem half is completely gone. It should feel good, but it doesn't.

All in all, he might feel desperate to be out of here. Like, he doesn't have much time left.

((OOC: Caern has entered the game!))
« Last Edit: October 27, 2016, 12:14:30 pm by Dwarmin »
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: A Star once Fallen (Game Thread) Day 1-Diversionary Tactics
« Reply #140 on: October 27, 2016, 11:03:24 am »

Moubu grimaces as he looks at the deserted village. Considering the scene and Caern. Seeing the swamp beasts blocking their way and holding out their hands for payment he lets loose snort and steps forward towards the beasts.

"Before we give you anything, we have to be assured that he's unharmed and whole. Obviously a half dead or seriously injured man is worth less to us." Moubu leans slightly to the left, cupping his mouth in his hands and bellowing out towards Caern. "Caern! It's Moubu and some of the others! We're here to get you! Are you in good health?! They didn't torture you much did they?!"

((A question to the gm, do we actually have gold and/or money and such?))

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: October 27, 2016, 11:06:31 am »

((A question to the gm, do we actually have gold and/or money and such?))

((Yeah, I'll say you managed to escape the ship with some hard currency in your packs. Whatever form, is up to you, but you do have some physical wealth.))
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: October 27, 2016, 01:06:37 pm »

Normally, Caern might've considered waiting for reinforcements in case of capture like he'd been told to, though it was very likely he'd just try to flex his way to freedom. In this case, he didn't even have that choice, unable to escape like he was due to some strange magical effect. To most people it'd be just bad, but to Caern such a situation was extremely depressing; it reminded him of the months he'd spent useless before being saved by the golem implants. He wanted to get out and he wanted to do it now.

"Something's wrong here!" Caern shouted back, though anyone noticing he was tied to a skinny tree a man his size should've uprooted by now would catch on that. "It must be magic!"

Try the Restoration boon on myself.
« Last Edit: October 27, 2016, 01:42:06 pm by Caellath »
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: October 27, 2016, 01:15:23 pm »

"Something's wrong here." Caern replied, though anyone noticing he was tied to a skinny tree a man his size should've uprooted by now would catch on that. "It must be magic."

Try the Restoration boon on myself.

Perhaps Caern has already tried such a ploy, or maybe this is the first time, but the truth he is none of his magic (or his natural abilities) has seemed to work right since he woke up bound in these chains. He feels as if it should be working, but for some reason it has no effect on him. It's like drawing and firing a bow, arrow nocked, but the arrow refuses to fly-against all the rules of force and gravity.

Very disconcerting.
« Last Edit: October 27, 2016, 01:17:16 pm by Dwarmin »

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: October 27, 2016, 01:19:54 pm »

Quote from: On the way
"Can you explain why we're being rude to them," Anders whispered to the moon rabbit, leaner closer. "Also, if you have a moment, could you explain rudeness to me?"
As they'd walked behind the horrible swamp monsters, Wen-Tsu had replied thoughtfully.
"Being rude is like - imagine you're trying to hammer a carrot. But it keeps dodging, and every time you miss, it does a silly little dance to make fun of you for not hitting it. It's just being rude, because you can't help it if you're not great with a moon mallet! And Cu-Soi is laughing as well, just because she can bop even crater carrots, but she's mean and a butt!" she paused slightly as the... metaphor... got away with her slightly.
"And we're the carrots because they probably want to eat us, so that is why we're being rude.
She nodded authoritively.

----

In the village of the swamp things

Wen-Tsu interjected helpfully.
"The slimy swampers are all using illusion magic, by the way. So they might be more monkey things."
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: October 27, 2016, 01:30:22 pm »

Moubu turned on the swamp beings, face tightening in an angry grimace. "What sorcery is this, that you have done to him?! Whether monsters from the swamp or funny monkeys playing with illusions, I don't have time for these shenanigans. Free him so we can inspect him now, or I shall myself." Moubu says to the figures, a hard edge to his voice as starts to move forward.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: October 27, 2016, 01:36:47 pm »

"Did noooothing....to him!" The Swamp Thing argues.

The three beings seem close ranks and refuse to budge, to block Moubu's way. He'll have to push past them, unless...

"Make deal. Free him. Or nooooo deal!"

They seem really eager for you to agree.

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably browsing tasteful erotic dolphin photos
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: October 27, 2016, 01:49:38 pm »

Anders tapped Jao on the shoulder, whispering.  "Do you want some gold, or would you rather just kill them all? Since Wen-Tsu says we need to be rude, and they want us to swear, I believe that you and Moubu are uniquely qualified to handle this situation without violence."

I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---
Q: "Do you have any idea what you're doing?"
A: "No, not particularly."

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: October 27, 2016, 01:56:45 pm »

"I have a real bad feeling! Feels I'm gonna die if I stay here any longer, something's missing from me!" Caern shouted once more. It was hard for him to explain what exactly was going on, specially since he wasn't sure of it himself. It was frustrating and strange at the same time.

Try to discover the cause.
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: October 27, 2016, 02:02:17 pm »

As the swamp things block Moubus ways his eyes narrow dangerously and his lips pull back in a snarl, revealing his long canines as a deep growl rips fourth from his throat. "Аmaa Tat!" He shouted, moving forward. "Lying swamp scum! Whatever magic you have laid upon my companion will be cast aside, if not willingly then by force!" He continued forward, pulling out his warhammer.

If the swamp beings don't get out of Moubus way, he strikes at them as he moves forward.
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 23