Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 23

Author Topic: ASOF (Game Thread) Day 1-Jao is useful  (Read 29568 times)

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Moubu is certainly impressed by the ability of the frog to to draw such a detailed map in a pile of mud. Looking over the map and considering various places outlined. "Well then, this is some good info... You seem to be a friendly sort Punlop. Think we should head for your town? Might be a good first stop." Moubu says as he points towards himself, then towards the others, then toward the section of the map with the stilt houses. "Still... I wonder what this area of death is... Is it more of those monkey ape things?" Moubu asks, pointing to the body of a dead Howler Wasp, then towards the flat spiked huts as he looked at the Frog thing.

With a scratch of his chin, Moubu considered the sky. How late is it? Is it getting too dark for us to go on a journey though the jungle by the time we finish butchering the bees?

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile

Darkness is very nearly upon you-the very last light of the day fading into a blood red sunset. If you travel now, it will be in the dead of night.

'Punlop' seems to get the idea, and shakes his head affirmatively when you point to the stilt houses.

When you point to the flat houses, and then the monkeybees, however-he only seems confused.

"Nahp howlop plop! Wapungo." He says, shaking his fist.

"Punlop, Grik-Wapuny." He says, pointing to his home.

Then he points back to the spiked huts.

"Wapungo!" He says, with an air of anger. He then makes a gesture of scanning your group. He hesitates a few times, seemingly mulling over Wen, Anders and Jou indecisively.

Finally he points to Emilia with a shrug. "Wapungo plop! Pot flop derp? Blop derp lop plop prit brlop..."
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile

Wen-Tsu had trotted over, having liberated a set of howler wings, for the magical tingle of the aura of them, and a vial of howler venom, because she liked how it smelt.
She left the meat. Ucky, grubbing about chopping up bodies! She was pretty much a vegetarian, anyhow.

"Wapungo,,," Wen-tsu repeated, popping the p.
"I suppose they must be more humanoid. Maybe celestials!"

Assuming the buying attributes table holds true, get Agility 2 and save the feat point for now.

((The sheet you have there is outdated, I traded away the Untrackable feat, remember? Got attractive instead, I think. Either way, from my understanding, untrackable is gone.))
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Moubu nods to Wen-Tsu. "That would make sense, a tribe of humans or something close to them, presumably hostile to these frog people. Perhaps on the marrow we can seek out the tribe of the frog people, and perhaps try to learn more about this strange land. But tonight I purpose that we make a fire and feast on the flesh of our enemies. Although I have no proper ingredients for such a meal, it may be unnecessary with the wholesome taste of their flesh." Moubu said standing up, already starting to consider firewood for his plan.

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

"...Maybe there's something less... meaty to eat? Some nice vegetables, or something. Carrots! We're in a forest, plants grow in forests. Shouldn't be too hard for an expert woodsman like yourself, right?"
She smiled a most winning smile at Moubu, rabbit ears extended rakishly.

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Moubu stares at Wen-Tsu for a moment, grin breaking across his normally serious face. "Heh heh heh..." He chuckles with a shake of his head. "An expert woodsman? Me? Oh little rabbit... I come from a much different place then this, a land of wide open plains under an endless sky... In this jungle so claustrophobic with trees and strange plants I'm no more at home then I would be..." Moubu seems to struggle for a comparison for a moment. "Then I would be on the moon!" He finishes after his moments thought.

Considering Wen-Tsu for a moment, he shrugs. "Still, I should have guessed that a Rabbit would wish to eat grass, as that is the way of the world. I'm certain our friend here may have suggestions on possible plants that we could eat. Certainly if we could find some wild onions or the like, they would be a great addition to the flesh of these creatures as well." Turning to the Frog Moubu stopped, stumped for a moment on how to communicate such a complected request.

UXLZ

• Bay Watcher
  • God Eater
    • View Profile

Emilia had thus far been standing completely frozen. You see, after the heat of combat had died down, she had noticed their bunny-like companion, and was currently waging an internal war. A war she had to win at all costs, but a war she was not sure she wanted to.

Stay calm... Stay calm... Stay calm... A student of the blade must be tranquil at all times. I am the soul of stillness, I am the heart of the gentle sea, I am the untouched eye of the hurricane... But she's just, SO, CUTE!

It took almost all of Emilia's not-inconsiderable willpower to run up to indescribably adorable creature and hug her. Obviously, the logical part of Emilia's brain told her that wasn't a very good idea - the new companion was unlikely to appreciate being suddenly assaulted by Emilia in her cold steel armor covered in wasp chunks... Ah, that's what she was forgetting.

Emilia absorbs all the wasp chunks and blood stuck to her into hammerspace, then deposits it somewhere off to the side on the ground.

That minor distraction allowed Emilia to break from her reverie of focusing on the hyper-adorable Wen-Tsu, and she decided to go over the spoils of battle. Deciding that her contribution had been more than ample, she attempts to absorb two carapaces and two stinge... Attempts to absorb two carapaces and tw... Attempts to...

Right. She'd momentarily forgotten that there was actually a limit to how much stuff she could contain at one time. Experimenting with it several years ago, she'd discovered that there seemed to be a physical size and weight limit, but some objects also occasionally took up more metaphorical space than others. The twelve daggers she was storing right now, for instance, took up an awful lot... She'd had to deal with that later, but she hadn't thought of how to yet.

In the end, Emilia takes 1 carapace and 2 stingers thereby capping her inventory space. Feat Point goes into Combat Momentum, other Attribute Points are unused.

Ahhh~ She looked into your eyes,
And saw what laid beneath,
Don't try to save yourself,
The circle is complete.

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Wen-Tsu, for her part, was completely ignorant of the sudden attention of the Valkyrie.

"I don't eat grass! Much. " She pouted, but it broke into a smile. "Well, let's see if we can make Froggy understand."

She waved to get the attention of the frog, and let out a remarkably good frog-like ribbit (for a moon fairy, anyway.)
"Hey, Mr Grik! Is there something we can eat?"
As she spoke, she made eating motions, then pointed to the forest around them, then shrugged with an expression of confusion.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile

Wen-Tsu, for her part, was completely ignorant of the sudden attention of the Valkyrie.

"I don't eat grass! Much. " She pouted, but it broke into a smile. "Well, let's see if we can make Froggy understand."

She waved to get the attention of the frog, and let out a remarkably good frog-like ribbit (for a moon fairy, anyway.)
"Hey, Mr Grik! Is there something we can eat?"
As she spoke, she made eating motions, then pointed to the forest around them, then shrugged with an expression of confusion.

Grik nods, picks up his pointy stick, and runs off into the darkness...he returns a minute or two later, with Wen-Li's dinner.

His sharp stick has three pale, spotted cave slugs impaled on the end, rotisserie-style. Fresh, raw, and wriggling!

"Blorp! Derp florp gorp gorp?" He inquires, offering it to her kindly.
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Wen-Tsu looked at the slugs, as they writhed on the spit.
The slugs, as much as slugs could, looked back.

Wen-Tsu gulped. She lifted a hand and took a slight step back, looking slightly green around the gills.

"Um! I meant, like, plants!" She laughed nervously, before reaching down and plucking a leaf from a nearby shrub, gesturing with the leaf. "Like leaves! Not slimy, wriggly... slug things."

UXLZ

• Bay Watcher
  • God Eater
    • View Profile

Noticing the hyper-adorable bunny's distress and deciding that she couldn't let that stand, Emilia decides to try and look for something that was plant-based and seemed edible.

((This maaay result in a poisonin'))
The circle is complete.

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Moubus chuckles evolve into a full out laugh, seeing her squirm with distress at the slugs. "Ah hah hah! Poor little rabbit." He says, a tinge of genuine sympathy in his voice. Moving over to the frog man, he slides one of the slugs off the stick and pops it into his mouth, crushing it onto goo between his molars as he considers the surrounding Fauna. Grabbing a small plant from the jungle floor, he pulls it from the dirt, roots and all, showing it to the frog man he points to his mouth. "You know, can we eat stuff like this?" he says, head cocked to one side with a raised eyebrow.

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably browsing tasteful erotic dolphin photos
    • View Profile

Anders bowed deeply to the frogman, still unsure of whether or not he was indebted to it or not. "I thank you for allowing us to assist you." Anders then plucked a particularly large slug off the spit popped it into his mouth, chewing slowly while he carefully severed the wings of the remaining bat creatures.

After plucking the wings from the creatures, Anders cocked his head to the side and stared at the frog creature, listening to the whispers of his father.

((Save the feat point.  Save the stat points. Save the cheerleader. Save the world.)
« Last Edit: October 19, 2016, 10:39:10 am by Draignean »
I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---
Q: "Do you have any idea what you're doing?"
A: "No, not particularly."

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Wen-Tsu suppressed a shudder at the sounds of the slugs popping in people's mouths.

UXLZ

• Bay Watcher
  • God Eater
    • View Profile

Emilia comments on the sounds as she inspects... Whatever it is she was inspecting.

"Do you two really need to be quite so... Grotesque, when it comes to eating those things? At least try not to make the popping noises."

Truth be told she found it a bit nauseating as well. Emilia did eat meat... Occasionally. Though to be honest she found its taste not all that ingratiating, and only bothered for appearance's sake. She'd certainly never touched anything as weird as those slugs, at least. She rather hoped she wouldn't have to, thought worst comes to worst she'd probably be able to stomach them.

Recalling that she was keeping some rations in her storage zone, she recalls a small amount of them and hands them to Wen-Tsu before returning to her search.

"It's better to see if we can find something else, but just in case. Not exactly greenery, but at least it's not meat."
« Last Edit: October 19, 2016, 10:51:13 am by UXLZ »
The circle is complete.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 23