Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 23

Author Topic: ASOF (Game Thread) Day 1-Jao is useful  (Read 29554 times)

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile

Wen-Tsu beamed a smile at the celestial. Her ears, which had flopped in consternation, stood straight once again.
"Oh, oh! Thank you, miss!"
She began gnawing on a piece of hard tack. The biscuit was one semantic step away from being geology, but it was better than slugs.

As she chewed, she regarded the new plants. She sniffed them cautiously.
"I should have paid more attention in lessons... but Fio-Fio had no romance in her soul! Just because she'd already been down here and found her love..."
She left the biscuit in her mouth as she took the fruit and poked at it. She wondered. Wasn't that the banana that caused you to turn blue for a week? No, that was a type of apple, wasn't it? Ah, she didn't remember! She'd been told the story of the knight who saved the dragon from an evil princess, and had spent a while mooning (heh) over the thought of dashing knights rather than listening to more facts on flora.
She took the fruit, and plucked one of the Lampsur berries, and plopped it in her mouth.
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably browsing tasteful erotic dolphin photos
    • View Profile

Anders gave the frogman one last firm squeeze, and, as he had seen some do at the end of hugs, a peck on the cheek for good measure. "Father Dagon speaks to me, he speaks to you too, but I don't think most people can listen the way I can. He's my father, but he's not exactly my father. Father Dagon knows the insides of people, and he told me about the frogman. He'll kill us, he doesn't mean to, but he'll kill us on the same." Anders cocked his head to the side, thinking. "He'll kill us like a cat, sleeping on a baby's chest. The Cat just wants to be warm, to snuggle with the soft heated thing that smells so new. But the Cat's weight crushes the infant's ribs and lungs with each breath, until the child cannot breathe more than a whisper- and then it can breathe none. Frogman doesn't want to kill us. It hasn't even crossed his mind, but he'll kill us all the same."
I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---
Q: "Do you have any idea what you're doing?"
A: "No, not particularly."

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Moubu looks at Anders, a suspicious frown tightening his face. "You speak in riddles. Your father who is not your father. He'll kill us even if he means not too? How can you know this future if he does not even suspect it himself?! None of this is making any sense. Certainly we know that accepting to help this frog could, probably would, be dangerous, any job is. If that's all you mean by him killing us on accident, so be it, and let his enemies try. If not that, how does this 'Dagon' know! And in what way does he suspect it may happen?!"

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Anders shrugged. To him, everyone else seemed to speak in riddles, impossible ones that he could never seem to unravel properly. Like why this one was so upset about the words Anders had spoken. It was the truth of Dagon, to be accepted, not to be debated. "I spoke no riddles. Dagon did not raise me, but he is my Father, and he knows- knows, not suspects- that the frogman seeks to use us to win his people's war, a war that we cannot win. These are truths, not riddles, but perhaps your mind is too warped and bent to accept truths." Anders tried to make a consoling expression, but failed.
I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---

UXLZ

• Bay Watcher
  • God Eater
    • View Profile

"You're welcome, Miss...?"

Glowing from the adorable bunny's thanks, Emilia's good mood is quickly brought down by Anders.
Was believing him the right choice?. He was certainly a little... Odd, but he hadn't seemed to be much of a liar. Too blunt. Too willing to say strange things. He just didn't have the tact. Whatever he was saying, at the very least he probably believed entirely.

"I somewhat understand, I have a father who raised me... And another father that did not. Likewise, a mother that cared for me... And a mother I have never met. You say we'll die if we become their weapon. What if we become something else?"

[[I don't think Wen-Tsu knows Emilia's a (half) Celestial, Gig, unless she can sort of sense it due to her fey-ness and mind powers? I don't think Emilia even knows it herself. Suspects, perhaps, but unless there are easy ways to tell without actually meeting her mother, she does not yet know.]]
Ahhh~ She looked into your eyes,
And saw what laid beneath,
Don't try to save yourself,
The circle is complete.

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile

((Ah, fair. Just consider it narration and not her internal thoughts, then. ))
She struck what she believed to be a dashing pose.

"I  am Wen-Tsu the Moon Rabbit!" She smiled again."It's nice to meet you."

She nodded sagely at Emilia's suggestion.
"Yeah, yeah! Dying doesn't sound so good."
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

UXLZ

• Bay Watcher
  • God Eater
    • View Profile

The moon rabbit's pose was quite something to behold. Emilia struggled to keep her face neutral. She failed her struggle, though managed to keep it to an ordinary smile.

too... cute...

Bowing slightly, Emilia gives her own name in turn.

"I am Emilia Reginleif the... I suppose I would be closest to a Knight. It is nice to meet you too."

Yes, that seemed mostly accurate. She liked to think she was fairly chivalrous, and most people did seem to assume she was one whenever they saw her, for whatever reason. She'd also been called an "angel" occasionally by tavern drunks and children before, but that felt a bit haughty and didn't seem like a very good way to introduce oneself. So Knight it was.
« Last Edit: October 20, 2016, 02:55:21 am by UXLZ »
The circle is complete.

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile

"I spoke no riddles. Dagon did not raise me, but he is my Father, and he knows- knows, not suspects- that the frogman seeks to use us to win his people's war, a war that we cannot win. These are truths, not riddles, but perhaps your mind is too warped and bent to accept truths."

”Oh by the gods. We’ve got a right one ‘ere. Bloody hell.”

"Glorp! What Hellbu! Blrop wrong plop?"

”Er. Derpglorp? Nothing wrong. This man is special. Visions! Batty.”

Jao mimes a typical bat dance, then falls onto his back and kicks his legs in the air.

”See? Such glorp. Perhaps we should sleep? At next sun see your tribe?”

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile

”See? Such glorp. Perhaps we should sleep? At next sun see your tribe?”

"No leave sun! Glorp sun fly, sun fall! Small sleep, Howlop hungrop blorp big sleep!" He seems quite emphatic about not being around when the sun comes up.

Even as dense as Jao is, he finally gets the idea that the word howlop refers to the hover chimps.
« Last Edit: October 20, 2016, 08:22:28 am by Dwarmin »
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile

To team:

”Ah. Fellow acquaintances. This chap seems to think that being around here at dawn might result in a great many of those unpleasant waspy eejits appearing, probably with the intent of doing us violence. Perhaps we should go now.”

To Grik:

”Take us to your leader. Glorp? Oh wait, no. Search for bag? SEARCH.”

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

"Mine is the mind bent away from the truth... But you're the one who thinks we will die without even knowing what our foes may be!" Moubu says, an angry frown on his face. "I'd say it's impossible for us to know our chances without first seeing the composition of our possible enemies. No matter what your 'father' might say. And even if he's right, we can decide it's not worth taking on the job at the time."

Turning from the creepy man towards Jao; Moubu shrugs. "If the danger is at dawn, we have plenty of time left. I purpose we stay here to finish butchering the beasts and finish our victory feast, then move on to find a place to rest... If needed we can use torches to light our way though the jungle I suppose." Moubu finishes, turning to do exactly that, returning back to his fire and cooking attempts.

Attempt to make a hearty meal for whoever in the group eats meat using the monkeybee meat (backed up by our rations if the monkey meat isn't enough of course.)

UXLZ

• Bay Watcher
  • God Eater
    • View Profile

"I suppose eating now might be fine... But we need to be cautious. I'd rather not die in an unnamed and unexplored jungle on some strange island."

Emilia looks at Jao.

"Could you ask our guide if anything dangerous comes out when the sun leaves the sky? If the night is safe, then we could travel under cover of darkness... But if it is not, making use of what time we have left to reach haven would be what I advise."
The circle is complete.

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Once Moubu seemed to have let the conversation drop, Anders wandered over to the odd bunny-eared creature that helped him earlier.

"Can you make me... sparkle, again?"
---

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile

To Grik!

"Night time, when no sun, safe? Safe to walk? With firesticks? You much big feast with us! Then we help Grik."

UXLZ

• Bay Watcher
  • God Eater
    • View Profile

Emilia reacts to the word of "help" before also turning her attention to Anders.

"Please try not to promise him something we might not be able to do. I don't want to break my word, and I doubt the others want to either."

"Your father said we would die if we became the creature's weapons. How literal is that? What if we became its agents, or allies, or advisers. Would we still die?"
The circle is complete.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 23