Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5

Author Topic: Alchemech Blessed^3 IC: World's Slowest Game 2016!  (Read 4262 times)

ATHATH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Alchemech Blessed^3 IC: Cold Feet
« Reply #15 on: October 11, 2016, 12:00:59 pm »

Sorry for my absence.

May I be one of the original constructors of the fort, or is the fort too old for that?
Seriously, ATHATH, we need to have an intervention about your death mug problem.
*slow clap* Well ATHATH congratulations. You managed to give the MC a mental breakdown before we even finished the first arc.
I didn't even read it first, I just saw it was ATHATH and noped it. Now that I read it x3 to noping

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 11, 2016, 01:44:20 pm »

((The fort is ancient and made by a legendary alchemist, so being part of the original constructors would be difficult :P. You could be related to him if you really wanted to.))
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

This is my waifu, this is my gun. This one's for fighting, this ones for fun.

somemildmanneredidiot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 11, 2016, 02:16:12 pm »

Being one of the people who help maintain it should be a good medium.
"As to why you'd want to [throw your sword in combat] at all? The answer is pretty simple: There's someone you want to stab, but they're all the way over there, and walking is for peasants." - Starke of How To Fight Write

Hawk132

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 11, 2016, 02:46:51 pm »

Lucius has no questions, and thus keeps his mouth shut.
Perplexicon: A New Arena - Abandoned, but feel free to give it a read.

Elvish Miner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 11, 2016, 03:39:29 pm »

(will us pilots have to leave our mechs for the next part?)

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 11, 2016, 04:06:19 pm »

"Hmmmmm. How about the scuttlebutt? Anything of interest you think we should know about, whether or not it's important? Come to think of it, The Commander's name would be useful, seems I missed that bit of the briefing. Other than those two bits, I'll guess that you or someone else will give us the tour later, let us know where to bunk and grab a meal 'n such?"

"Scuttle...butt?" She tilts her head in confusion. "If that is the name of a mech....than you are free to pilot it to the meeting. The vehicles will be kept inside the main building....and there is plenty of room for them to maneuver inside.....As for The Commander, he is called Division Commander Arkady Naoumov....I am his Alreona, Katyusha....Anything of vital importance will be explained by the Commander..."

Supernerd

• Bay Watcher
  • Currently experiencing fremdschämen.
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 11, 2016, 04:17:47 pm »

Maxine gives her response. "I see no reason to keep the commander waiting. Just point me to the Commander's office. And point the rest of my unit to wherever it is you want them to be."
websim.ai is coming dangerously close to being able to run Gridhood. Maybe I'll live to see the day if I exercise, eat right, and somehow convince the world's governments not to nuke everyone.

Elvish Miner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 11, 2016, 04:19:15 pm »

Neither Adam nor Eve have anything to add, they're ready to follow along.

somemildmanneredidiot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 11, 2016, 04:22:27 pm »

Quote from: Stirk
"Scuttle...butt?" She tilts her head in confusion. "If that is the name of a mech....than you are free to pilot it to the meeting. The vehicles will be kept inside the main building....and there is plenty of room for them to maneuver inside.....As for The Commander, he is called Division Commander Arkady Naoumov....I am his Alreona, Katyusha....Anything of vital importance will be explained by the Commander..."

"Ah, sorry. Scuttlebutt is gossip, rumors, just general chatting about the state of things that are non-mission critical. Thank you for your answers, unless anyone else has anything to ask we should be good to meet with the Commander."
"As to why you'd want to [throw your sword in combat] at all? The answer is pretty simple: There's someone you want to stab, but they're all the way over there, and walking is for peasants." - Starke of How To Fight Write

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 12, 2016, 10:14:30 pm »

"Ah, sorry. Scuttlebutt is gossip, rumors, just general chatting about the state of things that are non-mission critical. Thank you for your answers, unless anyone else has anything to ask we should be good to meet with the Commander."

"Gossip...rumors...and chatting? I see..." She puts her hand on her chin in thought. "In any case, it seems there are no questions, we will go forward momentarily."

Maxine gives her response. "I see no reason to keep the commander waiting. Just point me to the Commander's office. And point the rest of my unit to wherever it is you want them to be."

"Your men can join you for the situation report....the room is quite large enough for everyone....this will reduce the amount of miscommunication.....Please, follow me everyone."

She turns around, walking on the wide-path toward the pyramid. Presumably, everyone follows along, the mechs careful not to step on anything (or one) important. The pace is swift, and the short walk is rather uneventful (save for the occasional flickering light appearing from such locations as under a rock, inside a hedge, and from the fountain). She stops several feet in front of the pyramid. At this distance, its seer size can be fully understood. To see the top, you have to stretch your neck up, with each block being at least the size of the alchamechs accompanying you. In addition, it is much more intricately detailed than the distanced view would have you believe, small symbols cover the structure like a book or scroll. Each brick indeed appears like a crystal, pure and almost see-through if it wasn't for the runes it would look more like a house of glass.

Once again, she turns around to face the group. "Please wait one moment..." She walks forward to the center brick. A hand-print rune marks the side, almost like an ancient cave painting. A series of lines surround it like blood vessels, each ending with their own runes. She places her hand over the drawing, quickly punching the runes in a random-appearing order before stepping back to the group. The massive brick is still for a moment, before slowly rising up in the same way the drawbridge had. Behind it was what appeared to be a large elevator-easily large enough to fit the group twice. It still appears to be made of ice, but thin and clear, making it appear for all intents and purposes as glass. The top was attached to the ceiling, along a large rail dug into the bricks above.

"Please follow me once again." Katyusha states, walking into the elevator while wait for the others to do the same. Once everyone was safely situated, she punches the side of the construct with her hand. The brick that had allowed your entry falls with a *Thud*, and everything is momentarily perfectly dark. A mechanical sound fills the elevator as you feel yourselves being lifted upwards, then to the side, then downwards-continuing to change directions for a good five minutes until the point everyone involved had completely lost their bearings. For those brave enough to put their face to the "glass" (or, perhaps, those blessed with improved eyesight) might catch a glimpse of lights traveling around darkness like will-o-the-wisps, apparently similar elevators on a second rail.

At last, you can feel yourselves falling, then coming to a perfect stop. Lights flick on from all directions, as a figure appears in the dark. A man is sitting at a pure white desk in a pure white room, behind a plate of glass that makes up the fourth wall allowing you to see all this. He is a middle aged man, clean shaven with opaque glasses covering his eyes. His hair is light black, much like his Alreona. His outfit almost blends into the room, a white jacket unbuttoned over a black shirt. His hands are clasped together with the index fingers extended upward, resting slightly forward.

"Welcome to 44th Armored Division. I'll keep this brief, we are all busy men here. Our orders are to push back the Ostanes advancement in this front as far as physically possible. The enemy still has five fortresses in the region, four recently built and one ancient. The ancient fortress is currently being used as headquarters, with the enemy leadership holing themselves up in it. While it would be a desirable target, it is impossible to assault effectively with the other fortress's placement. Within the next week, when the opportunity presents itself, we will assault the closest newly built fortress, capturing or destroying it before our next move is revealed. If there are any questions, ask them now, I doubt we will speak like this again for some time."

Wozzy

• Bay Watcher
  • Do you like waffles?
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 13, 2016, 09:04:22 am »

Wozzy grunts. A whole week of rest before he can get back into the fray? Hopefully they will at least offer some training during this time. He's more worried about himself getting rusty over the mechs.

somemildmanneredidiot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 13, 2016, 09:48:19 am »

Alphonse thinks for a moment before letting out a string of questions. "Do we have any intel on enemy numbers? Any notable individuals who'll have mission priority? Is there anything you'd like us to be doing in between now and the mission? Anything about the assault plan that you can include in this briefing so we can make preparations?"

Hawk132

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 13, 2016, 06:21:27 pm »

And there go the questions I wanted to ask. Oh well. Hope we'll move out tomorrow. A week's way too long.
Perplexicon: A New Arena - Abandoned, but feel free to give it a read.

Supernerd

• Bay Watcher
  • Currently experiencing fremdschämen.
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: October 13, 2016, 09:52:24 pm »

Maxine feels somewhat uncomfortable about the current situation. She never liked it when her followers try to talk to someone above her own rank. Though when a superior officer decides they can listen in on strategic discussions there really isn't that much she can do about it.

"What information do we have about the enemy fortresses, terrain, and weather patterns in this region?"
websim.ai is coming dangerously close to being able to run Gridhood. Maybe I'll live to see the day if I exercise, eat right, and somehow convince the world's governments not to nuke everyone.

ATHATH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: October 13, 2016, 10:43:52 pm »

Being one of the people who help maintain it should be a good medium.
I'm fine with this.
Seriously, ATHATH, we need to have an intervention about your death mug problem.
*slow clap* Well ATHATH congratulations. You managed to give the MC a mental breakdown before we even finished the first arc.
I didn't even read it first, I just saw it was ATHATH and noped it. Now that I read it x3 to noping
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5