Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5

Author Topic: Alchemech Blessed^3 IC: World's Slowest Game 2016!  (Read 4259 times)

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
Re: Alchemech Blessed^3 IC: Ice to Meet You
« Reply #30 on: October 16, 2016, 12:49:39 pm »

Alphonse thinks for a moment before letting out a string of questions. "Do we have any intel on enemy numbers? Any notable individuals who'll have mission priority? Is there anything you'd like us to be doing in between now and the mission? Anything about the assault plan that you can include in this briefing so we can make preparations?"

The Commander doesn't notably move as he responds "The enemy numbers are constantly fluctuating, due to the needs of other fronts. We suspect that they have at least a corps present, but their numbers should be split among the fortresses. We will likely engage a brigade or smaller. All vital targets should be locked tight in the headquarters, its unlikely that you will get a shot at them. There are no doubt dangerous opponents among the enemy, but as of now none are to the point of priority targets. Listing every purified and ace you might meet would take the entire week. Likewise, we have a variety of assault plans that depend on the tactical situation the enemy presents us."

Maxine feels somewhat uncomfortable about the current situation. She never liked it when her followers try to talk to someone above her own rank. Though when a superior officer decides they can listen in on strategic discussions there really isn't that much she can do about it.

"What information do we have about the enemy fortresses, terrain, and weather patterns in this region?"

"The ancient fortress is mysterious by nature, we know its location and little else. We have the general layout and designs of the other fortresses, with an idea of where their weak-points and defenses would be placed. The terrain is as you have seen, for the most part. Snow and tundra, with several forts building themselves around forested, mountainous, or otherwise more defensible positions. I'll have Katyusha provide a document detailing what we know of the fortress we are assaulting. The weather is typically frigid, snowfall is common. Blizzards are rare, but a real possibility. I have little time to go in depth, if that is all..."

The pure white room quickly turns red, as a crystal light falls from the ceiling screaming in alarm. A figure dressed in white comes out from a door in the back of the room, whispering something in the Commander's ear. He doesn't change his expression, even when the alarm hits.

"It appears the enemy is using the heavy snowfall to mask their advance. The fortress is under attack. Your squad will be assigned to defend the gate. That is all." As he finishes his sentence, the elevator jumps back up. The sound of the alarm can be heard echoing throughout the base, with a red light on the ceiling of the elevator lighting the journey with its blinking. Five more minutes of ups, downs, turns, and the like, and you are apparently back where you started, the massive brick blocking your way. The Alreona once again puts her hand to (a now, apparently random) part of the brick causing it to rise once again.
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

This is my waifu, this is my gun. This one's for fighting, this ones for fun.

ATHATH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: October 16, 2016, 04:06:03 pm »

Begin making the area around the fortress very slippery.

Augment the feet of our own mechs with spiked soles so that they can still move around beyond the fortress.
Seriously, ATHATH, we need to have an intervention about your death mug problem.
*slow clap* Well ATHATH congratulations. You managed to give the MC a mental breakdown before we even finished the first arc.
I didn't even read it first, I just saw it was ATHATH and noped it. Now that I read it x3 to noping

somemildmanneredidiot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: October 16, 2016, 05:40:20 pm »

"Well, can't say this is all that pleasant. Tactical Check. Who do we have, what can you do, and what ideas do you have about securing the gate. I'm an Alchemist focused on more on infantry protection than anything else, though I'll be spread pretty thin trying to get everyone here protected. I also have an infantry clearer if needed, so I'm not helpless. I know we have a few officers here. What's your take on securing the Gate against unknown force compositions?"
"As to why you'd want to [throw your sword in combat] at all? The answer is pretty simple: There's someone you want to stab, but they're all the way over there, and walking is for peasants." - Starke of How To Fight Write

Supernerd

• Bay Watcher
  • Currently experiencing fremdschämen.
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: October 16, 2016, 06:21:11 pm »

Maxine answers Alphonse's question by issuing orders to her squad. "Soldiers! Grab your weapons, find a fortification by the walls and open fire on any at any hostile personnel. Snipers, get to high ground and await my command to fire on a high priority target."

Maxine then heads towards the fortress wall to find a nice place to snipe from, followed by her Alreona Issac who knew to follow her unless she specifically told him to do something else.
websim.ai is coming dangerously close to being able to run Gridhood. Maybe I'll live to see the day if I exercise, eat right, and somehow convince the world's governments not to nuke everyone.

somemildmanneredidiot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: October 16, 2016, 06:33:18 pm »

(Right. Should have specified that that was said in the elevator. It works anyway. Can we get an assessment of what the Gate looks like from our end?)
"As to why you'd want to [throw your sword in combat] at all? The answer is pretty simple: There's someone you want to stab, but they're all the way over there, and walking is for peasants." - Starke of How To Fight Write

Wozzy

• Bay Watcher
  • Do you like waffles?
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: October 17, 2016, 06:01:58 am »

Wozzy doesn't answer. He bolts out of the ice palace using his battlefield maneuverability, in order to get on top of the gate. He's going to try to see what they are up against.

Hawk132

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: October 17, 2016, 05:54:19 pm »

"I'll be sniping any Mechs they might have."

Lucius will boost towards a good vantage point he could take, then scan for enemies.
Perplexicon: A New Arena - Abandoned, but feel free to give it a read.

vishdafish

• Bay Watcher
  • Look at me grow.
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: October 17, 2016, 06:02:50 pm »

Fish Stabber lies in wait at the side of the gate, burying himself in snow and activating invisibility.
« Last Edit: October 19, 2016, 03:43:11 pm by vishdafish »

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: October 19, 2016, 02:57:19 pm »

Hidden among the group of soldiers, alchemists and pilots was a man and his mech. He looked like a suit of armor with half of a artillery shell strapped to his right hand, and medium size rifle that somewhat resembled a paintball launcher. he was no louder than any of the other troops with his footsteps, at least until he started sprinting out and looking for the nearest safe place to cross the wall, and down to scout out the enemy without being spotted.

Meanwhile, inside the mech, the pilot and the AI were talking.."So what do you make of this, love? Think we can make the jump?"
The partial stereo system that transferred sound from outside the suit to it's pilot chimed in with semi-feminine voice, somewhat irritated and amused at the same time by his readiness to jump off a wall without looking.
"You really shouldn't be so willing to do that every time we get sent into battle. It might hurt you some day when you're not wearing me around."
"that's why the only time I'm not with you I'm unconscious in a bed, silly. Keeps me from getting into more trouble than I need to half of the time."
"And you wonder why the others think we're dating when they actually see us, not that I object to it."
"Well, maybe when the mess is all over we can make those rumors true, eh?"
I figure at some point, you're just gonna run outta fucks to give and just off yourself whenever you get hurt at all. It's not like there's any downsides to it. Hangover? Suicide will fix that. Stubbed your toe? Suicide. Headache? Suicide. Papercut? Suicide.

Wozzy

• Bay Watcher
  • Do you like waffles?
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: October 19, 2016, 08:50:04 pm »

Dropping from this, sorry everyone.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: October 26, 2016, 04:41:14 pm »

((Sorry about the wait, everyone.))

Begin making the area around the fortress very slippery.

Augment the feet of our own mechs with spiked soles so that they can still move around beyond the fortress.

As one of the Alchemist that assists the maintenance of the fortress, Ankov remembers having performed the proper rituals to keep a radius around the fortress full of incredibly slippery ice, as those outside the troop transport noticed coming in. He immediately begins preparing the mechs that allow him access for the snowy conditions. As they raise their feet he makes a series of quick marks across the foot, sprouting cleat-like spikes from the bottom in a process that takes about thirty seconds per foot. (Presumably, this happens in the elevator going up).

Maxine's troops dash for the wall, climbing up the built-in ladders to the top of the construction and periodically fire at the enemy troops. The wall is a single brick tall and wide, a construction that would be unimpressive if not for the size of the brick. The top of the wall is lined with periodically spaced merlons of a decorative nature, making it look like an old castle without the practical aspects of the construct. Overall, most of you get the impression that the wall and areas surrounding the fort where not designed with military applications in mind. Around and between the merlons are sandbags frozen in ice, covered in runes to provide a more concrete defense, fitting with the overall theme but appearing to have been made much after the rest of he wall. The gate itself is as you saw it when you came in, an incredibly long drawbridge-like structure. Its fully closed, its not as thick as the surrounding wall and is apparently a weak point, making it a high-valued target. On either side are massive clear boxes filled with gears, likely the mechanisms that allow it to rise and fall. The wall doesn't continue over it (likely to allow tall mechs to pass through unhindered), but a ladder is next to the gear boxes on either side allowing for quick travel around it.

Maxine, along with her Alreona and several snipers, heads to the wall herself. Several stay back, looking for a way up the Pyramid where they can get a good shot. She scales the wall easily, allowing her to see the enemy. Right outside the slippery radius, a large group of men in the snow-uniform of the enemy gather. They seem to have thrown up a snow wall, as if they where little kids building a fort. If built by soldiers with shovels, it will likely serve as nothing more than concealment, though the alchemist among them might have managed to build some trenches by now. Several of the larger mechs are visible among the evergreen trees behind them, several bipedal with most apparently having more legs (likely for greater traction). Your men's heightened position seems to be assisting them, and the periodic gunfire from your side has left several of the enemy motionless near the edge of the snow structure.

Wozzy looks at his hands in horror as he begins to vanish from existence. His hands in feet, then arms and legs, then torso, and finally face fade away like an eraser removes errant lead. In his last moments he lets out a blood curdling scream that would haunt the dreams of those who heard it, if not for the fact the entire universe seems to have forgotten that he even existed. (Note: Not canon)

Lucius's boosters light up, propelling him up the pyramid several blocks where he can see above the wall without being out of range (fortunately, without melting the ice). He sees the same sight as Maxine, including the potential targets hiding away in the trees.

Fish Stabber plans on hiding near the gate. This comes with some complications- the gate is closed, making it difficult to cross the trench safely. With his strength and agility, and the height given to him by the wall, it would be possible (if risky) to simply jump it to get into position, but if me messes up the results wouldn't be very pretty. If he intends on hiding on the close side, the complications are simply the lack of snow in which to hide himself.

Dustan Hache's situation is simplified by his teleporter, allowing him to blink over the trench in an instant by getting himself as close to the edge as possible before making the jump. He is apparently unspotted-few among the enemy ranks would expect a lone mech to be outside of the wall at this point. He doesn't immediately find anything the others can't see, but is in position to scout any targets he desires.

Dropping from this, sorry everyone.

((Sorry to see you go~!))
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

This is my waifu, this is my gun. This one's for fighting, this ones for fun.

Yourmaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Not the weirdest on Bay12!
    • View Profile
Re: Alchemech Blessed^3 IC: WaterGateII: Solid State Society
« Reply #41 on: October 27, 2016, 06:57:13 pm »

Alexandre would also move to the wall, in order to see forces.
10/10.
Wants to rape and enslave my innocent night faeries ;-;

ATHATH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: October 27, 2016, 11:32:47 pm »

Start repairing any of the ice structures that look like they're damaged (by using some of the surrounding ice to reinforce/repair them).
Seriously, ATHATH, we need to have an intervention about your death mug problem.
*slow clap* Well ATHATH congratulations. You managed to give the MC a mental breakdown before we even finished the first arc.
I didn't even read it first, I just saw it was ATHATH and noped it. Now that I read it x3 to noping

Supernerd

• Bay Watcher
  • Currently experiencing fremdschämen.
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: October 28, 2016, 07:41:20 pm »

Maxine looks among the approaching mechs and considers her options. Her unit's AM Rifles could deal some potential damage to them even at this range, but a large heavily armored mech would have a good chance to shrug off the blow; and not all of her snipers were in position yet. The best time to strike the enemy mechs would probably be when they get to the slippery ice trap; in the meantime, Maxine had a plan to deal with the foot soldiers.

"Hold fire and reload! Snipers, take aim on the enemy fortifications!" Maxine shouted to her troops. While the primary function of the AM Sniper rifle was to pierce through enemy armor and damage critical systems beyond it, there were also some more creative ways to use it. The explosive mix of the shots would be powerful enough to melt the enemy fortification if it was mere snow; and if it didn't it would confirm the presence of an enemy alchemist. The weapon would also be lethal if it hit a vital area, though a human body would not stop the bullet in time for it to detonate within them. Maxine took aim at the base of the snow walls and pulled the trigger.

A few seconds after that, Maxine would give her next command. "All troops: Open fire!
websim.ai is coming dangerously close to being able to run Gridhood. Maybe I'll live to see the day if I exercise, eat right, and somehow convince the world's governments not to nuke everyone.

Hawk132

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: October 28, 2016, 08:29:01 pm »

"Looks like there's plenty of targets around."

Charge up the railguns and open fire on the mechs. Prioritize the ones that look capable of long ranged attacks.
Perplexicon: A New Arena - Abandoned, but feel free to give it a read.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5