Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Phantasm Affinitas (6/6 players)  (Read 3611 times)

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
Re: Phantasm Affinitas (5/6 players) One more player needed!
« Reply #15 on: October 08, 2016, 01:05:04 am »

Dirk: "I hate to admit it, but I've also been yearning for some action.  After everything we've learned, we're ready."

((Putting name at the start of everything so nobody has to constantly look back at character sheets to remember what my guy's name is.))
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Phantasm Affinitas (5/6 players) One more player needed!
« Reply #16 on: October 08, 2016, 01:37:34 am »

Interested !

Spoiler: Aros the Hunter (click to show/hide)

swordEnthusiast

• Escaped Lunatic
  • This text is irrelevant and so is everything else
    • View Profile
Re: Phantasm Affinitas (6/6 players)
« Reply #17 on: October 08, 2016, 02:23:57 am »

Note: New turns only begin when all players have made their decisions. Simple tasks like acting questions out of combat is possible without input from all the players. Also, perks are subject to balancing in the future depending on whether they are underpowered or overpowered.

Oh and how do you put titles in spoilers? (stupid question)

And could everyone put their character names in their posts like NRDL? It's not required, but it makes things much easier. Thanks!

---

Turn 2
4th of Nightfall, Year 510

The students spoke one after another. They were obviously itching for some action after being stuck in the Academy for such a long time. Although Camila remained silent, instead choosing to see what would happen.

"Uh... pity. Can you at least tell us what the task is before they arrive, even if we can't start it?"

"I agree with John. What kind of quest will we be embarking on? Slay a dragon? Clear a dungeon? Help an old man across the street?"

"I hate to admit it, but I've also been yearning for some action.  After everything we've learned, we're ready."

Ursus slammed his hands on the desk, prompting the three students to calm the fuck down.

"Alright, alright. Quiet down! I guess we can get to the briefing while we wait for the others. Now, your first assignment is--" Ursus stuttered when he spotted a person standing at the back of the room. It was Eania, who appeared from out of nowhere while everybody's attention was elsewhere.

"Okayyy... so it looks like we're only missing one person. ANYWAY! Back to the briefing. Your first assignment is to go to the Schwarsh Woods and exterminate a den of monsters that have been spotted near the center of the forest. The monsters in question are mutated wolves that have been turned into monsters by the miasma. If you didn't know already, the miasma is a natural disaster that sweeps across the world every so often, turning animals and humans alike into monsters. It only affects weak humans, though, and since all of you are Arbiters, you needn't be too careful if you come across any lingering patches of it." Ursus said, pausing for a moment before continuing.

"Your main objective is to neutralize the wolves, kill the pack leader and destroy the den. Burn it down or make it collapse, doesn't matter how as long as you get it done. We need to make sure the place doesn't become a breeding ground for future monsters. You can keep anything you find in the forest and you will also be rewarded upon your successful return. Let's see... what else am I forgetting?" the instructor scratched his head as he thought.

"Ahh, that's right! Be careful of the Apostles. Reports say that one has been spotted near the forest. The report is a week old, but it can't hurt to be careful. If you encounter one, back away and run IMMEDIATELY. At your level, even all six of you can't handle one of those bastards. Trust me, you do not want to get into a fight with those things. That is an order, do all of you understand?" upon saying those words, Ursus' rugged, but gentle face suddenly took a grave and serious appearance.

Everyone nodded in acknowledgment, but the tense air was diffused by the person who could be heard panting near the door.

Ursus walked over to the man and placed a large hand on his shoulder before breaking into a guffaw, "AROS! How nice of you to come so late! I see old habits die hard, seeing as you've constantly been late for the past year you've been here. Now that all of you are here, why don't we pay a visit to the armory?"

The gigantic instructor lead the six students to the armory, where a plethora of armor and weapons were hung and scattered around. Everything from plate armor to leather, from swords to iron gauntlets. None of the items were good, per say, but they were of standard quality and would last for a lengthy amount of time.

"Go ahead and pick the weapons and armor that suit you! Don't take too much, though. You still have to consider your fellow students. If any of you need any miscellaneous items, just tell me and maybe we can come up with something."

Pick FOUR pieces of armor (ex. chest armor, leg armor, boots, gauntlets, etc.) and TWO weapons. (ex. sword and shield, sword and sword, bow and dagger, etc.) You can choose up to FIVE misc/consumable items and I'll see if I can allow them. (ex. healing potions, mana potions, camping supplies, books, etc.) If you're not sure what you want or need, you can ask me some questions.

---

Character Sheets
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 08, 2016, 02:42:51 am »

Dirk:

Armour - Helmet, gauntlets, chest piece, shin guards.

Weapons: Sword and dagger

Misc: Book on Apostles, Book on wilderness survival, rope, healing potion, bread.
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 08, 2016, 02:55:38 am »

Aros: "I'm sorry sir." apologized Aros before following the group to the armory.

He carefully browsed through the armory, and set his sights on a set of leather armor with some parts reinforced with metal parts. Easy to move in and reminiscent of his father gear, he felt drawn to it.
Reinforced Leather Chestpiece
Reinforced Leather Gauntlets
Reinforced Leather Leg armor
Reinforced Leather Boots

As for weapons, he decided to take the weapons he was trained in. The double headed axe and the bow.
Double headed axe
Bow

Then he took some supplies he judged vital for survival.
Healing Potion x2
Antidote Potion x1 (or some equivalent for disease/infection)
Camping Supplies
Gear Maintenance Tools (or just a whetstone and some sewing kit)

Elvish Miner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 08, 2016, 07:34:08 am »

Camila(lemme know if this is a bad color, it looks fine with my background).

Camila had been impatiently sitting around, waiting for the others to finally get here. It wasn't until the mention of Apostles that she had her interest perked up.

Camila approaches the armor stash. "Ugh, I hate armor." She thinks to herself, but she knows that she at least needs something if she is to survive out there.

* Reinforced Leather Cuirass with Plated Tassets
* Plated Vambraces
* Plated Shinguard
* Reinforced Leather Elbow/Kneepads

She then walks over to look at the weapons, but seems disappointed, until she spots something that perks her interest.

* Blade Catchers (for Plated Vambrace (works to parry attacks))
*Leather Gloves with Iron Studs

Satisfied, she begins to look at other equipment. As someone who was commonly in fights, and had to patch herself and her father up on multiple occasions, she immediately went to the medical supplies.

*Healing Potion
*Medical Kit (just some bandages and other supplies to stop bleeding)
* Bottle of Whisky (totally for medical uses (if subduing patients is considered medical)
* Torches (x however many)
* Camping Gear LiteTM(Only the essential essentials)

S34N1C

• Bay Watcher
  • Joins too many games
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 08, 2016, 09:27:54 am »

Antonio

Armor:
Plate mail gauntlets
Plate mail chestplate
Plate mail shin guards
Plate mail boots

Weapons:
Greatshield
Steel longsword

Supplies:
Rations
Medical supplies
Weapon and armor maintenance kit(whetstones and the like)
Tent/camping supplies
Bottle of whiskey(for recreational purposes)
As always, life is brief and transient, your posting history lasts forever, so always prioritise forum games.

Glory to United Forenia!

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 08, 2016, 09:59:08 am »

Spoiler: The Spy (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: October 08, 2016, 10:03:34 am by TheBiggerFish »
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.
Pages: 1 [2]