Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: gorecyclops... not a good source of food...  (Read 1356 times)

Amostubal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
gorecyclops... not a good source of food...
« on: October 04, 2016, 07:58:16 pm »

so I slaughter a whole fleet of gorecyclops... had 40 extra points they cost 1 at embark.... slaughtered the entire group and couldn't get anyone to move their meat to a food stockpile.... it just went miasma all over the place.  Not sure whats wrong,  I went looking through the raws and found the gorecyclops, but I don't see any reason why it would let me chop them up but not move them to the food stockpile... the stockpile options have the gorecyclops in its lists.... the only thing I can think of is that it is sentient enough to do work...  confusion.  this is the forst time I have seen a sentient enough pet that can be selected for slaughter lol.

Edit:  Its not just moving to the stockpile its also tanning the skin, cooking any of it, using the tallow/fat for anything, etc... its like there is something switched off that keeps anything from the gorecyclops being used... It wont even move the rotten parts out to a refuse pile.  but all the items show up in the stock screen.... going to see if I can get them to trade it off to the first caravan...
« Last Edit: October 04, 2016, 08:33:55 pm by Amostubal »
Legendary Dwarf Fortress
Legendary Discord Group
"...peering into the darkness behind the curtains, evokes visions of pixies being chased by dragons while eating cupcakes made of coral iced with liquid fire while their hearts burn out with unknown plant substances..." - a quote from the diaries of Amostubal

LMeire

• Bay Watcher
  • Likes Troglodytes for their horradorability.
    • View Profile
Re: gorecyclops... not a good source of food...
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2016, 11:31:56 pm »

Yeah if your civ ethics forbid cannibalism you can't eat anything that can talk. But you can still euthanize them just fine, it's mostly useful for getting rid of a mouth to feed if you're sure they can't work or fight anymore like after a spine injury.

As for getting rid of the miasma, I'd suggest either:

Dumping it all into magma/an atomsmasher/whatever you use to dispose of trash with (d-b-d for mass dumping designation)
Setting up some coffins and see if they'll bury them. (you may need to enable them for pet deaths)
Trying to burn them with the crematory furnace. (This may cause a crash due to a bug involving dead sapients not being able to be used in reactions, but I don't know if it counts for butchered bodies or just intact ones.)
"☼Perfection☼ in the job puts pleasure in the work." - Uristotle

Amostubal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: gorecyclops... not a good source of food...
« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2016, 03:18:29 am »

well thats the odd thing.... I can't get these succubi to touch any of it, even dump.  They treat it as if its all forbidden.  shrug.  the map has some other issue going on now... a white tiger caravan is trying to set up shop and the game crashes as soon as I open the trade menu or hit [t] to look at whats in the depot...  this was all testing out for me anyways, going to go make a new map and test some more.
Legendary Dwarf Fortress
Legendary Discord Group
"...peering into the darkness behind the curtains, evokes visions of pixies being chased by dragons while eating cupcakes made of coral iced with liquid fire while their hearts burn out with unknown plant substances..." - a quote from the diaries of Amostubal