Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 45 46 [47] 48 49 50

Author Topic: A Star Once Fallen OOC~6/6 players (Testing Open Legend RPG)  (Read 58129 times)

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: A Star Once Fallen OOC~6/6 players (Testing Open Legend RPG)
« Reply #690 on: February 09, 2017, 04:02:50 pm »

If the water is its domain and heals it, we could try suplexing it out of the river. That's a great idea with no chances of backfiring whatsoever.

This sounds like a good idea to me. I'm hoping that we can pin the part of it that came out to take our rabbit out of the water and then chop that up unto death. But I'm not sure how hard it'll be to keep it immobilize.

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile
« Reply #691 on: February 09, 2017, 04:07:01 pm »

Well it was DC16 to immobilise it.

It's as unlikely that Father Jao can FEAR it, but I can switch the action to try to continue to immobilise it if that is a more tactically sensible choice.

My first choice was turn invisible and run off.

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #692 on: February 09, 2017, 04:12:18 pm »

Nah, do whatever you think is best. I'm not even sure if stacking the same bane over and over even works, maybe if you've already immobilized it doing such a thing again would already be a waste.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #693 on: February 09, 2017, 04:15:29 pm »

Shouldn't the turn title be "Jao is useful again"??!

Details, details...

Nah, do whatever you think is best. I'm not even sure if stacking the same bane over and over even works, maybe if you've already immobilized it doing such a thing again would already be a waste.

Everything works at least once. :P

Anyway, for a nice summary of all you've learned.

~The Dragon thinks he is a God, and has an army of stupid, cunning and superstitious followers (headed here right now). Shaking their faith in their 'God', will really mess with the Dragons head.
~It can heal injuries as long as it in water
~Its body is quite long. If he's to be believed, you could use his back as a bridge to walk across the river.
~It has a sister, apparently longer and even meaner.
~The creature has apparently lived here for a VERY long time, having been owned by the ancient Empire who used to control the island. Also, he can't escape either...no one was able to ask him how long he's been stuck here, though, or if his imprisonment is recent or not.
~The being has the power of illusion as a weapon, and it's saliva is quite...sticky.
~Wen-Tsu is his new friend, as being the sole edible/snatchable maiden in the party. Someone should tell him she probably doesn't qualify as a maiden.
~Grik seemed really eager to lead you all into danger, he's probably totally innocent tho, how could he have known about the Giant River Dragon who he can't have but known lives here, would eat everyone in these parts who dares shows up?
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #694 on: February 09, 2017, 04:22:25 pm »

You know, I thought about getting mad at Grik for leading us into this and saying the stone looked like a piece of the fallen star (I didn't catch that there was some type of illusion, I thought his lure just looked like a rock.) but it didn't at all cross my mind that he might have done so not accidentally. Hum...

Also what better way to shake a tribes confidence in their god then to throw them a barbecue with the god as the main course? Never has Moubus iron chief feat been more relevant.
« Last Edit: February 09, 2017, 04:27:29 pm by Criptfeind »

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #695 on: February 09, 2017, 04:30:40 pm »

She's not a maiden, she's a moonden.
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile
« Reply #696 on: February 09, 2017, 04:42:28 pm »

Perhaps Father Jao can illusion himself into a bigger snakegod.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #697 on: February 09, 2017, 07:40:00 pm »

~Wen-Tsu is his new friend, as being the sole edible/snatchable maiden in the party. Someone should tell him she probably doesn't qualify as a maiden.

But that's mean.

And opponents that can't be beaten by simply smacking them around are Caern's biggest weakness.
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #698 on: February 16, 2017, 10:02:53 am »

Are we waiting on someone besides Dwarmin?
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #699 on: February 16, 2017, 10:50:58 am »

Nope.
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #700 on: February 16, 2017, 10:58:31 am »

Terse response aside, I got distracted studying a certain tome of D&D lore when I should have been writing the next turn. Have a heartless emoji shrug in forgiveness.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile
« Reply #701 on: February 16, 2017, 11:06:48 am »

The Tome of Nudist Powerful Halflings?

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #702 on: February 16, 2017, 11:23:36 am »

The Tome of Nudist Powerful Halflings?

Just a tome of more monsters. I like this one!

'The Bulette is a fearsome carnivore ranging temperate climates and areas with loose soil. It is solitary, with only mated pairs sharing territory.They love halfling and will hungrily dig into their homes to eat whole families.'

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #703 on: February 20, 2017, 09:50:14 am »

Are you still distracted, Dwarmin? We need someone to mistreat Jao and realign the world's order of things.
>Yes?

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #704 on: February 21, 2017, 09:08:53 am »

Well, in your GM weekly weather report-he started off doing the turn, got distracted, then he got hit with the February flu. Everything since last Saturday is me pretty much laying in bed having pokemon fever dreams. I'm better now, but I'm still on pins and needles.

Pages: 1 ... 45 46 [47] 48 49 50