Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 44 45 [46] 47 48 ... 50

Author Topic: A Star Once Fallen OOC~6/6 players (Testing Open Legend RPG)  (Read 58119 times)

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: A Star Once Fallen OOC~6/6 players (Testing Open Legend RPG)
« Reply #675 on: February 04, 2017, 01:10:42 pm »

Draignean, where have you been taking dragon biology lessons?

@lawas: come around and fix Dwarmin so we can continue.
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably browsing tasteful erotic dolphin photos
    • View Profile
« Reply #676 on: February 04, 2017, 01:15:57 pm »

Draignean, where have you been taking dragon biology lessons?

Look, I don't talk about it much, but my extradimensional gateway generator broke down when I was bumming around the Khydrian continent. I spent a month working as a tooth fluffer in order to pay for the repairs. It was not the proudest July of my life.

I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---
Q: "Do you have any idea what you're doing?"
A: "No, not particularly."

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile
« Reply #677 on: February 04, 2017, 05:58:52 pm »

Well, okay. I'll just do Immobilise at him then if that's easier.

See, my thinking is, a big river snakedragon, he bites stuff. So if his teeth fell out a bit, he wouldn't be able to. I guess that's a bit permanent though, so, I thought, an equivalent would be being unable to open or close his mouth temporarily. Which you wouldn't be able to do if your jaw was literally dropping at the amazing rhymes you'd just heard.

Of course, if there's no combat, Jao won't do anything anyway, so that's an option.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #678 on: February 04, 2017, 06:03:00 pm »

Yeah, I was wondering why Dwarmin was so confused if your action is conditional. I guess his trying to decipher your post means combat is unavoidable.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #679 on: February 04, 2017, 06:03:37 pm »

I'm pretty certain Dwarmin isn't letting me disrupt his combat encounter, alas.
Maybe the next one!
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #680 on: February 04, 2017, 06:05:08 pm »

I think he probably would have let us walk away if we wanted to? I guess, maybe? There seemed to be a clear opening there. I just don't think most of us want to?

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile
« Reply #681 on: February 04, 2017, 06:06:06 pm »

Jao could turn you invisible, that'd stop you flirting with dangerous monsters. Possibly.

Edit: Jao certainly would have accepted flight as a desirable outcome.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #682 on: February 04, 2017, 06:14:37 pm »

Well, we do need the experience and the monster is just tempting us with its potential exp. points.

The fact he likes eating other sentient creatures is a good moral high-ground in which to initiate mortal combat. At least Caern thinks so. Eating people equals Evil with a capital "E", at least as far as he's concerned.
>Yes?

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #683 on: February 05, 2017, 12:21:05 pm »

Yeah, I was wondering why Dwarmin was so confused if your action is conditional. I guess his trying to decipher your post means combat is unavoidable.

I was just trying to figure out what he was mechanically trying to do.

I think he probably would have let us walk away if we wanted to? I guess, maybe? There seemed to be a clear opening there. I just don't think most of us want to?

He did say he would 'let you go', and Jao can confirm he's telling the truth. :P Surely, no hidden motive is involved...
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #684 on: February 09, 2017, 09:54:02 am »

Looks like the GM is trying to run out the clock! If he can delay another day, then he gets the weekend off!
A risky play! Let's see how that works out for him.
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #685 on: February 09, 2017, 11:54:50 am »

I can't actually recall if we're using exceptional successes, I don't think it's ever come in the game for Moubu. But, if we are, I added a desired outcome to the attack.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #686 on: February 09, 2017, 01:07:48 pm »

I can't actually recall if we're using exceptional successes, I don't think it's ever come in the game for Moubu. But, if we are, I added a desired outcome to the attack.

I suppose I haven't been applying the rule, no. Up till now, anything you managed to hit for that much damage didn't survive anyway.

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #687 on: February 09, 2017, 02:09:00 pm »

Yeah. I figured dragon gods probably have more then 10 hp, so now that it's an actual possibility I'd put in a thing for it, in case it somehow does happen.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #688 on: February 09, 2017, 03:51:26 pm »

If the water is its domain and heals it, we could try suplexing it out of the river. That's a great idea with no chances of backfiring whatsoever.
>Yes?

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile
« Reply #689 on: February 09, 2017, 03:55:20 pm »

Shouldn't the turn title be "Jao is useful again"??!
Pages: 1 ... 44 45 [46] 47 48 ... 50