Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29] 30 31 ... 50

Author Topic: A Star Once Fallen OOC~6/6 players (Testing Open Legend RPG)  (Read 58325 times)

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
Re: A Star Once Fallen OOC~6/6 players (Testing Open Legend RPG)
« Reply #420 on: November 09, 2016, 03:06:38 pm »

Truly a tumultuous day in America.
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #421 on: November 09, 2016, 03:12:21 pm »

Truly, I am mystified as to the cause of this phenomenon.
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #422 on: November 09, 2016, 03:13:17 pm »

Truly, I am mystified as to the cause of this phenomenon.
Probably just the tides or something.
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #423 on: November 09, 2016, 03:19:07 pm »

Probably just the tides or something.

The phase of moon this month seems to have evoked both mass joyous hysteria and mass panic at the same time, effecting roughly half the population in a different way. Very odd!
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #424 on: November 10, 2016, 02:37:24 pm »

Turn done, begin the complaint barrage.

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably browsing tasteful erotic dolphin photos
    • View Profile
« Reply #425 on: November 10, 2016, 02:43:59 pm »

Turn done, begin the complaint barrage.

My head hurts, I'm out of milk and cereal, my house smells funny, I'm having difficulty thinking of decent puzzles, it's not nearly damp enough outside, I broke a shoelace, I'm hungry, I think cats are plotting against me, I want to run a minimalist game but have no time, I'm behind on my nano count, I feel like my boss has no concept of my technical skills, and I'm tired.

That being said, good turn. I'll try to have a better action up this time.
I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---
Q: "Do you have any idea what you're doing?"
A: "No, not particularly."

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile
« Reply #426 on: November 10, 2016, 02:50:31 pm »

Hey I broke a shoelace today too!

Um, I can't see the rules page correctly on my phone - can I cast Regeneration on my comrades? Not sure if Jao can do anything here apart from not die. Maybe swear a bit :)

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #427 on: November 10, 2016, 02:54:30 pm »

Woo, new turn. Also RIP Draignean.

I feel like you pointing this out makes it look silly  :P but here goes Complaints barrage: I'm not totally sure on this, but I think we kept exploding dice, although not for grunt enemies and some enemies are immune, is the Shadow-Man one of said immune duders, otherwise I guess my d20 should have exploded? Also I don't see the damage done from my block on the attack, although given the nature of this combat I dunno if that's a mistake or just me unable to damage the dude.

Also for the aoe that hit me and Caern, if it was disadvantage 2, shouldn't it be 26 cuz you take out the top two numbers? 2d6+1d20 (3+3+6+3+20)=26?

(Also very very small one is that I'm pretty sure that the attack Moubu blocked is above any of my stated thresholds for defending against, but I can't really complain about a successful block even if it's not what I would have gone for myself!)

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #428 on: November 10, 2016, 02:57:38 pm »

Does it take a Move Action to stand up from Knockdown or is it something else? I haven't seen it addressed.
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #429 on: November 10, 2016, 03:03:23 pm »

Hey I broke a shoelace today too!

Um, I can't see the rules page correctly on my phone - can I cast Regeneration on my comrades? Not sure if Jao can do anything here apart from not die. Maybe swear a bit :)

I don't see why not. :P

Also, you know you have quite a few things you can do with your Influence ability...? For example, you could immobilize the Trolls, trick them with illusions, or try to dominate them.

Does it take a Move Action to stand up from Knockdown or is it something else? I haven't seen it addressed.
Instead of using your move action to maneuver, you may focus your energy on shaking off the negative effects of any banes currently afflicting you. For each bane affecting you, roll 1d20 (with no attribute modifiers). If your roll is a 10 or higher, the bane is removed.

Woo, new turn. Also RIP Draignean.

I feel like you pointing this out makes it look silly  :P but here goes Complaints barrage: I'm not totally sure on this, but I think we kept exploding dice, although not for grunt enemies and some enemies are immune, is the Shadow-Man one of said immune duders, otherwise I guess my d20 should have exploded? Also I don't see the damage done from my block on the attack, although given the nature of this combat I dunno if that's a mistake or just me unable to damage the dude.

Also for the aoe that hit me and Caern, if it was disadvantage 2, shouldn't it be 26 cuz you take out the top two numbers? 2d6+1d20 (3+3+6+3+20)=26?

(Also very very small one is that I'm pretty sure that the attack Moubu blocked is above any of my stated thresholds for defending against, but I can't really complain about a successful block even if it's not what I would have gone for myself!)

I'm pretty sure defend actions don't do damage, they just counter the attack (using attack roll in place of defense). So there was no reason for your dice to explode, you already succeeded.

I'll look into the other ones. :V

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #430 on: November 10, 2016, 03:05:11 pm »

Oh! Yes, normally they don't, I have a feat (the feat used to make defense actions something you can build a character around instead of just something that you do out of desperation sometimes) that makes it so mine do damage equal to the difference between my defense roll and the opponents attack roll (That's why I have such specific defensive requirements for my interrupt actions, because used right it both increases my allies defense without decreasing my damage output, in some cases I can even increase my damage output.)

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #431 on: November 10, 2016, 03:09:39 pm »

Oh yeah, the Bane rues. I'm so used to the "stand up" solution that I forgot about that. Knockdown is supposed to be harsher than just tripping and falling flat on your face.

I don't want to take ten lethal damage but I also don't want to spend several turns in a row flailing on the ground in case of bad luck, so I have a plan that might work.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile
« Reply #432 on: November 10, 2016, 03:12:10 pm »

Ah, thanks Dwarmin. I had forgotten what I could do, and am mostly on my phone recently, which is too old to view the rules page properly...  I will try to look tomorrow, but otherwise will probably try to aid the hurtest companion.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #433 on: November 10, 2016, 03:14:38 pm »

Oh! Yes, normally they don't, I have a feat (the feat used to make defense actions something you can build a character around instead of just something that you do out of desperation sometimes) that makes it so mine do damage equal to the difference between my defense roll and the opponents attack roll (That's why I have such specific defensive requirements for my interrupt actions, because used right it both increases my allies defense without decreasing my damage output, in some cases I can even increase my damage output.)

Where did you find the rules on the maximum amount of damage you can block? I can't find it.

Also, fixin's is in.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #434 on: November 10, 2016, 03:15:42 pm »

@lawas: Heal and Regeneration can't recover lethal damage, though.
>Yes?
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29] 30 31 ... 50