Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 ... 50

Author Topic: A Star Once Fallen OOC~6/6 players (Testing Open Legend RPG)  (Read 58360 times)

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
Re: A Star Once Fallen OOC~6/6 players (Testing Open Legend RPG)
« Reply #375 on: October 29, 2016, 12:15:26 pm »

GM is gone
riot
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #376 on: October 29, 2016, 12:16:36 pm »

GM is gone
riot

I knew you were a troublemaker.
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #377 on: October 29, 2016, 12:33:04 pm »

Emilia stays put, watching her allies and preparing to spring into action if one of them is attacked.
]Ignored, the moon-rabbit pouted, and any chance the valkeryie had blew away like dust in the lunar wind.

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #378 on: October 29, 2016, 02:44:06 pm »

Awww. Rip in pieces. Although I think the defend action is rangeless, so presumably she can still defend you if required...? I'm hoping if needed Moubu can rip a rotting spar off a building and javelin any threatening enemies to justify a defense action....

If I can't do that sorta thing I guess I'd better stock up on throwing axes.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #379 on: October 29, 2016, 02:51:33 pm »

Awww. Rip in pieces. Although I think the defend action is rangeless, so presumably she can still defend you if required...? I'm hoping if needed Moubu can rip a rotting spar off a building and javelin any threatening enemies to justify a defense action....

If I can't do that sorta thing I guess I'd better stock up on throwing axes.

As part of your defend action, you may also move up to half of your speed at any time during your action. If you are adjacent to your ally when moving, the ally may choose to move with you.

As for the other thing, I'm sure we could improvise something. The Defend action is essentially 'preparing' your next action, so you could just say you're gonna shoot anyone who threatens your allies, to hit them with an immobilizing type of bane you have available.
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #380 on: October 29, 2016, 03:04:00 pm »

I'm not sure what you mean by that quote since it doesn't really address the possibilities of the action, if that's a "yes" you can do ranged defend actions with some sorta cinematic justification or a "no" you can't.

Like, example, if when Wen-Tsu opens the window if there's an evil beasty that lunges out and attacks her and gets like, a 14 or other number that's within ideal defense action use range, could Moubu rip a plank from the rotting door he's at, lunge downward, flinging it at the beasty as it attacks the rabbit in an effort to protect her from the attack?

For how defending actions work I guess I was just sorta assuming I could use them just as they were written, after an enemies turn if there's an applicable attack I can declare a defense against it, thus using up my major action for my turn.
« Last Edit: October 29, 2016, 03:06:40 pm by Criptfeind »

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #381 on: October 29, 2016, 03:12:50 pm »

I'm not sure what you mean by that quote since it doesn't really address the possibilities of the action, if that's a "yes" you can do ranged defend actions with some sorta cinematic justification or a "no" you can't.

Like, example, if when Wen-Tsu opens the window if there's an evil beasty that lunges out and attacks her and gets like, a 14 or other number that's within ideal defense action use range, could Moubu rip a plank from the rotting door he's at, lunge downward, flinging it at the beasty as it attacks the rabbit in an effort to protect her from the attack?

For how defending actions work I guess I was just sorta assuming I could use them just as they were written, after an enemies turn if there's an applicable attack I can declare a defense against it, thus using up my major action for my turn.

I was addressing your 'unlimited range' comment, with the quote.

And my other answer was literally yes?

As for #2, yes as well. Since we're not playing round a table, you'd have to list in your pre-prepared action that you're going to do. Like, if X happens, I do Y.

Since I'm not writing the turn multiple times for post pre-counter actions and post-pre pre-counter player moves.

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #382 on: October 29, 2016, 03:23:04 pm »

Alright, it was just, a bit unclear from an uncommoned on quote that didn't really have anything to do with the question. >.>

Anyway, that's. Really hard to judge if an attack is needs to be blocked before it happens :-\

Gota try to block attacks that do too much damage, but not so too much damage that blocking them is pointless, and gota block attacks that do little damage, because that's where battlefield defender gets the most effect. But I understand your sorta, reluctance to allow said stoof.

Hum... Maybe damage ranges, like. I always want to block attacks that do enough to beat my allies armor, but not enough to beat the enemies armor, when that situation is possible. With attack redirection (which I wanted to buy next exp) I want to redirect bane attacks that hit lower then 19 but higher then the enemies resistance against it. And I want to try to block an attack that does enough damage to down an ally, but only if the damage is more then say, 19-my allies AC.

So, something like:
Block attacks that hits on allies but are below the enemies own armor.
Redirect Bane attacks into enemies that can actually be hit by the bane attack, if the attack roll is lower then 19
If an attack would down an ally, redirect it so long reducing the damage by 19-Ally AC
saves the ally from being downed.

Would those be possible conditions to run? That'd basically be my thought process if we were playing live for good candidates for redirection.
« Last Edit: October 29, 2016, 03:39:45 pm by Criptfeind »

UXLZ

• Bay Watcher
  • God Eater
    • View Profile
« Reply #383 on: October 29, 2016, 07:41:04 pm »

I actually didn't notice Wen-Tsu speaking, because she essentially has no text color on darkling. >_>

Will you let me edit that post, Dwarm?

Well, I'll just make another.

Also Important: Absorb Object appears to have been lowered to Prerequisite 4, so if you decide to do that rather than keeping it at a "6", Emilia will have 6 feat slots open up. =x
(She just hit Movement 4, after all. Might also help explain her distraction a bit, considering she'd be *much* more powerful than before her dream last night.)
« Last Edit: October 30, 2016, 12:03:37 am by UXLZ »
Ahhh~ She looked into your eyes,
And saw what laid beneath,
Don't try to save yourself,
The circle is complete.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #384 on: October 30, 2016, 11:07:05 am »

I actually didn't notice Wen-Tsu speaking, because she essentially has no text color on darkling. >_>

Will you let me edit that post, Dwarm?

Well, I'll just make another.

Also Important: Absorb Object appears to have been lowered to Prerequisite 4, so if you decide to do that rather than keeping it at a "6", Emilia will have 6 feat slots open up. =x
(She just hit Movement 4, after all. Might also help explain her distraction a bit, considering she'd be *much* more powerful than before her dream last night.)

No turn is up, having started writing it, edit away.

Alright, it was just, a bit unclear from an uncommoned on quote that didn't really have anything to do with the question. >.>

Anyway, that's. Really hard to judge if an attack is needs to be blocked before it happens :-\

Gota try to block attacks that do too much damage, but not so too much damage that blocking them is pointless, and gota block attacks that do little damage, because that's where battlefield defender gets the most effect. But I understand your sorta, reluctance to allow said stoof.

Hum... Maybe damage ranges, like. I always want to block attacks that do enough to beat my allies armor, but not enough to beat the enemies armor, when that situation is possible. With attack redirection (which I wanted to buy next exp) I want to redirect bane attacks that hit lower then 19 but higher then the enemies resistance against it. And I want to try to block an attack that does enough damage to down an ally, but only if the damage is more then say, 19-my allies AC.

So, something like:
Block attacks that hits on allies but are below the enemies own armor.
Redirect Bane attacks into enemies that can actually be hit by the bane attack, if the attack roll is lower then 19
If an attack would down an ally, redirect it so long reducing the damage by 19-Ally AC
saves the ally from being downed.

Would those be possible conditions to run? That'd basically be my thought process if we were playing live for good candidates for redirection.

Yeah, as long I have orders to follow, I'll do them to the best of my ability.

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #385 on: October 31, 2016, 11:16:44 am »

How about that regeneration attempt, did that work out?

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #386 on: October 31, 2016, 12:02:13 pm »

I assume you had it prepared beforehand, so I applied it without a roll.

I actually back updated the character sheets, but I suppose it was a bit much to expect people to notice...

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #387 on: October 31, 2016, 12:15:41 pm »

I actually back updated the character sheets, but I suppose it was a bit much to expect people to notice...
We didn't even notice your new haircut, either!

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #388 on: October 31, 2016, 12:23:01 pm »

We didn't even notice your new haircut, either!

That's creepy.

I really just had a haircut!

Happy Halloween everyone. :V

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #389 on: October 31, 2016, 12:47:03 pm »

I assume you had it prepared beforehand, so I applied it without a roll.

Ah, arite, dat makes sense! Sowwyz
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 ... 50