Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 50

Author Topic: A Star Once Fallen OOC~6/6 players (Testing Open Legend RPG)  (Read 58300 times)

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
Re: A Star Once Fallen OOC~6/6 players (Testing Open Legend RPG)
« Reply #240 on: October 17, 2016, 11:07:42 am »

Another mini-turn up.
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #241 on: October 17, 2016, 12:53:51 pm »

Disadvantage on d20s is a pretty big deal. Much much larger then on a d6 or whatever. Just straight up adding it would make any disadvantage pretty crippling most of the time. Although yeah, aoes with allies in them already hit allies without a feat to leave them out, so das good.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #242 on: October 17, 2016, 01:15:31 pm »

Disadvantage on d20s is a pretty big deal. Much much larger then on a d6 or whatever. Just straight up adding it would make any disadvantage pretty crippling most of the time. Although yeah, aoes with allies in them already hit allies without a feat to leave them out, so das good.

Well then either disadvantage is something you completely ignore and stack 1000 times, or it's crippling.

I hate rules lawyering, so I'll go with Uxluxes suggestion, "every fourth stack of advantage/disadvantage affects the D20 rather than the attribute dice"
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #243 on: October 17, 2016, 03:23:54 pm »

She stomped a foot on the ground, and under the frog, the mud began to boy him up a little, making it easier for him to get out of the mud pit.

Boy him? :P My mastery of language fails me here.

* auto-corrects turn action to 'boil him' *

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #244 on: October 17, 2016, 03:28:03 pm »

Buoy, ye bozo. :V
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #245 on: October 17, 2016, 03:36:33 pm »

@Gig: You're frogot an U, ya demmy. :V

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #246 on: October 17, 2016, 05:28:44 pm »

Now that I finally caught up, I might post a character sheet for waitlist, or whatever. As always, the only problem is picking one of the many concepts in the backburner.
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #247 on: October 17, 2016, 06:26:29 pm »

Now that I finally caught up, I might post a character sheet for waitlist, or whatever. As always, the only problem is picking one of the many concepts in the backburner.

Yeah, make sure you use the current rules from the site for making a character. They changed things up on shortly after we started, so some of the stuff we were talking about earlier or posted in the OP is out of date.

*also, gets bored and writes up a bunch of monkeybee lore no one will read*

UXLZ

• Bay Watcher
  • God Eater
    • View Profile
« Reply #248 on: October 17, 2016, 09:54:55 pm »

It's a bit irritating how out-of-sync our timezones are, Dwarmin. >_>
You only seem to be around between 4-9AM for me.

Yeah, let's just say if it has no mechanic effect, you can do it. Like, cleaning yourself off, no problem.

Making a portable air-bubble by sucking the water out around you underwater, so you can walk across the ocean floor? I dunno!

That's fine, pretty much exactly what I was hoping for The air-bubble thing is not something I'd try unless it was basically the last option, so don't worry about it. =P

Just scale up. It'll be broken no matter what I use, so might as well go with established rules.

Also, there's eventually going to be a question of where all that stuff is actually going...

This ability is broken because of versatility. At least I'm not trying to fly up into the air and drop boulders on people. =P
Though a huge sword descending from the heavens would make a really cool finishing move, fluff-wise. Damocles.

In fact, I think when I'm considering effects related to failed rolls, those rolls done with an advantage will be generally slight negative in return for success/allow you to take back your action (You can land safely jumping on the Hydra's back, but you'll be prone, or do you abandon your jump and try again on the return swing?), but those done with a disadvantage will be a choice between two 'evils', as in you're going to succeed, but you probably don't want to. :P (You lost your grip and you're falling. Do you aim for the Hydras gullet, trying to balance between his teeth, or try and land aside the razor sharp poison spines on his head?)

That definitely sounds pretty good. Might end up needing tweaking depending on how often we get advantage/disadvantage, but I like the idea.
Ahhh~ She looked into your eyes,
And saw what laid beneath,
Don't try to save yourself,
The circle is complete.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #249 on: October 18, 2016, 11:14:11 am »

It's a bit irritating how out-of-sync our timezones are, Dwarmin. >_>
You only seem to be around between 4-9AM for me.

Well, one of us is going to have to move.

*sits down firmly*

Also, I should say you can't really fail the translation attempt-or, you can, but then you can choose to spend X amounts of hours listening to Grik to figure out what he's saying. So it's more of a voluntary thing, than 'everyone roll and keep on rolling till you succeed'

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #250 on: October 18, 2016, 11:29:06 am »

Is a Pile of Howler Chitin a bulky item, or just a heavy item?

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #251 on: October 18, 2016, 11:34:00 am »

Is a Pile of Howler Chitin a bulky item, or just a heavy item?

That was just my fluff-one notes that for the size of the monkeywasp, it's chitin is a bit heavier than you'd expect it to be. So awkward to carry around with you, but not heavy/bulky.  I would list it in brackets if it was.

These Howler Wasps you fought were actually pretty small.

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #252 on: October 18, 2016, 03:27:52 pm »

This frog is an excellent artist considering his medium of "Crappy stick on mud."

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #253 on: October 18, 2016, 03:30:33 pm »

This frog is an excellent artist considering his medium of "Crappy stick on mud."

It's all in his backstory!

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #254 on: October 18, 2016, 03:52:57 pm »

It's missing some happy little trees.
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 50