Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 50

Author Topic: A Star Once Fallen OOC~6/6 players (Testing Open Legend RPG)  (Read 58155 times)

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: A Star Once Fallen OOC~0/5? players (Testing Open Legend RPG)
« Reply #45 on: October 05, 2016, 11:52:03 am »

What is a difficultly level? I assume I'm just missing it, although racial bonuses refer to it a couple of times, I can't find out what it actually is. Closest I can find is CR, but that doesn't line up with the racial bonuses.

That's the number you roll against. 1d20 + Any Mod dice.

I think that's CR, not Difficultly level, unless I'm missing something if that's difficulty level it'd make dwarven resilience and human learning pretty much worthless?

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: October 05, 2016, 12:44:30 pm »

Hmm.

CR is what you directly action roll against. You can pass, fail, pass but with a twist (player/gm choice), or totally fail. I know that at least.

DL, I think is just an interchangeable term-Power Level is the abilities strength, Difficulty Level is the same thing, but the difficulty...level...of the task.

The formula for activating a boon is (CR equals 10 + 2 x Power Level). So I'm guessing the formula for performing tasks, like climbing a mountain, making a sword or researching a spell scroll would be (CR equals 10 + 2 x Difficulty Level). DL can be anywhere from 1-9.

That would mean a Dwarf could use their toughness roll to shrug off any sort of attack (and related nasty effects) from an enemy/hazard/most banes equal or less than your fortitude level. So if you have level 9 fortitude with this trait, you can literally tank ANYTHING...once a day. :P

A Human with learning, well, it's a bit more murky-but it allows you to be a crafter without fail, on all basic items. Also any sort of profession related work (like repairing a ship hull, for example) you wouldn't even have to roll on it.

http://www.openlegendrpg.com/feats/craft <--See

A blacksmith or Fletcher character with human learning trait, and some free time could make any weapon or armor (barring platemail) without having to risk failing a roll, at least for the basic items listed in the beginning equipment list.

Difficulty Level is directly related to the wealth level of the item you are crafting (At least I think so).

Edit: In retrospect, I'm very confused now about this post.

Editedit: Human Learning is very strange, but I'm guessing it means you could do any sort of low level crafting, without actually having the craft feat. If you just took the feat, you couldn't fail that specific craft. Human Learning means you can do any task, though.
« Last Edit: October 05, 2016, 12:54:45 pm by Dwarmin »
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

Roboson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: October 05, 2016, 12:46:00 pm »

Sent a PM about my character sheet.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: October 05, 2016, 01:17:35 pm »

So far, my idea is a Harry Dresden expy.
« Last Edit: October 05, 2016, 02:27:32 pm by TheBiggerFish »
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: October 05, 2016, 01:25:45 pm »

stoof

Arite, cool, dat seems like a good way to handle it. Although with that, I wonder how many fortitude actions there actually are. Fortitude seems like the most passive stat. I guess fortitude actions might be like, marching for days or not eating for three weeks or stuff like that?

Edit: I mean, I'm not playing a dwarf or a human so heh, I guess none of this really matters to me >.> Just a curious little monkey.
« Last Edit: October 05, 2016, 01:28:15 pm by Criptfeind »

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably browsing tasteful erotic dolphin photos
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: October 05, 2016, 01:30:19 pm »

Do it. Harry Dresden expy is best expy.
I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---
Q: "Do you have any idea what you're doing?"
A: "No, not particularly."

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: October 05, 2016, 01:49:43 pm »

Since everyone and their mum seems to be making a tiefling, I guess I'll just make a fairy from the moon.
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: October 05, 2016, 01:57:24 pm »

Problem is, how do make Harry in this system :v
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Roboson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: October 05, 2016, 02:03:32 pm »

Here is my character submission.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: October 05, 2016, 03:29:08 pm »

Der we go, sheet done. Still not 100% sure on my attributes and feats, but ah well. Mechanically he'z sorta a tonky dude meant to defend others and also can heal with his INSPIRING PRESENCE!
« Last Edit: November 22, 2016, 02:40:17 pm by Criptfeind »

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: October 05, 2016, 05:11:40 pm »

So all the sheets people I have found, in one place:

Tentative sheet, let me know if I need to add or remove anything.

Spoiler: Character Sheet (click to show/hide)
Bit of a violent Celestial to go along with all the Inferals.

Spoiler: Balecar Silvertongue (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Secret (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Anders N'thlei (click to show/hide)

Here is my character submission.

Der we go, sheet done. Still not 100% sure on my attributes and feats, but ah well. Mechanically he'z sorta a tonky dude meant to defend others and also can heal with his INSPIRING PRESENCE!

ATHATH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: October 05, 2016, 05:52:15 pm »

I could take Boon Access, but then the points that I invested in it wouldn't do anything when I hit Entropy 3. I've decided to go with the Companion I boon instead.

Huh? What do you mean? It says right here that with boon access you get those feat points back after you meet the pre-requisite: http://www.openlegendrpg.com/feats/boon_access

It's a shame that I can't take both Companion I and Attribute Focus: Entropy->Agility at first level, since my companion is important to my backstory and AF can only be taken at first level.

Did you mean "Attribute Substitution: Entropy -> Agility"?... because it says here that it costs 3 points, so you should be able to take both, if I'm reading this right... and it doesn't say anything about 1st level: http://www.openlegendrpg.com/feats/attribute_substitution

Or did you mean "Supernatural Focus"? Because that also doesn't say you can only take it at first level: http://www.openlegendrpg.com/feats/supernatural_focus

Also, and this is the MOST IMPORTANT note, I'm just trolling you guys. I made the game and I agree that the things you mentioned should be changed, so I went ahead and changed them. Reading your comments here just reminded me, so I fixed them and pushed them out to the website.

Thanks for playing the game, hope you all have an absolute blast!
When I said that I wished that Attribute Substitution costed three points, I said that from a powergaming perspective. From a game-balance perspective, AS is WAAAY underpriced. You're basically setting a stat to 5 for 3 feat points. If it's not going to be restricted to first level anymore, I suggest changing the cost of AS to somewhere between 6 and 12 points. It's that good.

Nice edit with the Boon Access thing, though.

The Item Creation (or whatever it's called) line is missing a description for its 4th level. It's also a bit strong IMO, especially if you qualify for it with Creation.

I think the mental stats and some of the supernatural schools need a little more love in the banes and boons department. Just compare entropy to, say, abjuration, and I think you'll see what I mean.
« Last Edit: October 05, 2016, 05:53:58 pm by ATHATH »
Seriously, ATHATH, we need to have an intervention about your death mug problem.
*slow clap* Well ATHATH congratulations. You managed to give the MC a mental breakdown before we even finished the first arc.
I didn't even read it first, I just saw it was ATHATH and noped it. Now that I read it x3 to noping

ATHATH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: October 05, 2016, 06:07:21 pm »

I've edited my sheet.
Seriously, ATHATH, we need to have an intervention about your death mug problem.
*slow clap* Well ATHATH congratulations. You managed to give the MC a mental breakdown before we even finished the first arc.
I didn't even read it first, I just saw it was ATHATH and noped it. Now that I read it x3 to noping

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: October 05, 2016, 06:17:47 pm »

Spoiler: Character Creation (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: October 08, 2016, 10:55:54 am by GiglameshDespair »

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: October 05, 2016, 06:20:57 pm »

I could take Boon Access, but then the points that I invested in it wouldn't do anything when I hit Entropy 3. I've decided to go with the Companion I boon instead.

Huh? What do you mean? It says right here that with boon access you get those feat points back after you meet the pre-requisite: http://www.openlegendrpg.com/feats/boon_access

It's a shame that I can't take both Companion I and Attribute Focus: Entropy->Agility at first level, since my companion is important to my backstory and AF can only be taken at first level.

Did you mean "Attribute Substitution: Entropy -> Agility"?... because it says here that it costs 3 points, so you should be able to take both, if I'm reading this right... and it doesn't say anything about 1st level: http://www.openlegendrpg.com/feats/attribute_substitution

Or did you mean "Supernatural Focus"? Because that also doesn't say you can only take it at first level: http://www.openlegendrpg.com/feats/supernatural_focus

Also, and this is the MOST IMPORTANT note, I'm just trolling you guys. I made the game and I agree that the things you mentioned should be changed, so I went ahead and changed them. Reading your comments here just reminded me, so I fixed them and pushed them out to the website.

Thanks for playing the game, hope you all have an absolute blast!
W-w-w-wuh...

O_O
Sigtext

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 50