Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 50

Author Topic: A Star Once Fallen OOC~6/6 players (Testing Open Legend RPG)  (Read 58131 times)

ATHATH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: A Star Once Fallen OOC~0/5? players (Testing Open Legend RPG)
« Reply #60 on: October 05, 2016, 10:05:24 pm »

Hm, on second thought, I think that the best way to balance AS is to give it tiers, each of which cost 3 points each:
Tier 1: Secondary stat=Primary Stat-3
Tier 2: Secondary stat=Primary Stat-2
Tier 3: Secondary stat=Primary Stat-1
Tier 4: Secondary stat=Primary Stat

Side note: Secondary stats that are boosted by AS currently don't modify HP and Defenses, and I'm pretty sure that they don't grant boons/banes (I might be wrong; I'm using my phone right now, so I can't check). Is that intentional?
Seriously, ATHATH, we need to have an intervention about your death mug problem.
*slow clap* Well ATHATH congratulations. You managed to give the MC a mental breakdown before we even finished the first arc.
I didn't even read it first, I just saw it was ATHATH and noped it. Now that I read it x3 to noping

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: October 05, 2016, 10:36:10 pm »

I don't think this game is like, suppose to be super balanced, but at the same time I also don't think that attribute substitution seems like that sorta op. Like you said, since you don't gain the defenses or the hp, or even the boon/banes from it, in reality it's sorta only useful ether for fulfilling a requirement for a feat (which is pretty niech) or giving a character that didn't actually have a way to attack a way to attack (which is a very big upgrade... But it's upgrading the combat capabilities of a character from "nothing" to "average", which isn't a balance issue) A magic user isn't going to benefit from being able to punch people with magic... Since you can already totally do that. Also all in all 3 feat points isn't that much but you don't really get that many, like, 30 at level 9? I know that I at least had to pair my list of feats I want down to the bone... At higher levels it's worth more for sure, but at level one at least it's 1/2 your feat points for 3/8ths more attributes (but not really.) Asking for 12 feat points to have to be put into it to max it (that's nearly half a level nine characters points!) is in my opinion a bit much.

Idk, there's probably some way to abuse the hell out of it, but right now we've got... One person using it in a way that it can't be used and isn't that op anyway.

All in all if you're worried about balance it's almost certainly not the most insane thing compared to something like, idk, probably companions.
« Last Edit: October 05, 2016, 10:42:52 pm by Criptfeind »

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: October 06, 2016, 07:43:45 am »

I don’t really get the Feats, Boons, and Banes, just yet. Can anyone help with typical Bardish non-Presence F/B/B?

edit: putting in banes and bits
« Last Edit: October 09, 2016, 04:40:51 pm by lawastooshort »

UXLZ

• Bay Watcher
  • God Eater
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: October 06, 2016, 08:00:21 am »

Eh, what the hell. I'll try and drudge something up. Hopefully this game will last a bit longer than that 5E game last year, ey Dwarmin? =P

Is it alright to post the sheet to pastebin? I get triggered really badly by uneven formatting. Well, whatever, I'm already working with it on it, LINK. Ah, can we also manually do our inventories and stuff? I want my character to wield a Greatsword nevermind, there's almost literally no reason to beyond flavor and I can just use a longsword for that. Still, I'd like to do my items custom-like.

Man, I hope I don't vanish again.
« Last Edit: October 06, 2016, 10:04:50 am by UXLZ »
Ahhh~ She looked into your eyes,
And saw what laid beneath,
Don't try to save yourself,
The circle is complete.

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably browsing tasteful erotic dolphin photos
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: October 06, 2016, 08:56:46 am »

Eh, what the hell. I'll try and drudge something up. Hopefully this game will last, ey Dwarmin? =P
Is it alright to post the sheet to pastebin? I get triggered really badly by uneven formatting. Ah, can we also manually do our inventories and stuff? I want my character to wield a Greatsword but it's not in any of the predefined packs.

Paladin has a greatsword.
I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---
Q: "Do you have any idea what you're doing?"
A: "No, not particularly."

UXLZ

• Bay Watcher
  • God Eater
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: October 06, 2016, 09:16:56 am »

Eh, what the hell. I'll try and drudge something up. Hopefully this game will last, ey Dwarmin? =P
Is it alright to post the sheet to pastebin? I get triggered really badly by uneven formatting. Ah, can we also manually do our inventories and stuff? I want my character to wield a Greatsword but it's not in any of the predefined packs.

Paladin has a greatsword.

Oh, it does too, I missed that, thank you. I glossed over it because it mentioned a Warhammer and I don't intend for my character to ever use any blunt weapons. Hm, I might end up having to go with something else, or switch it for a Longsword if Dwarmin allows. Ultimately I'd like it best to to do custom items, but its his prerogative and if not I'll work with what I can.
« Last Edit: October 06, 2016, 09:26:52 am by UXLZ »
The circle is complete.

UXLZ

• Bay Watcher
  • God Eater
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: October 06, 2016, 10:00:16 am »

Oh, and this is a pretty IMPORTANT one Dwarmin, since I'm taking Boon Access (6): Absorb Object, is there a limit to how many objects may be absorbed at one time? Is it up to the "Twenty Objects Carried Maximum" in the "Equipment" section, or does it go around that since you aren't exactly carrying them? How does it interact with things that have the bulky or heavy property? Another potential usage, can I take Armor directly from storage to being equipped (if I'm not wearing something else of course.) And even if that isn't the case, can I absorb the armor rather than manually taking it off, or do I have to take it off, then absorb it? Or can I just never absorb things that large? (The intuitive size limit would probably be anything you could conceivably wear or hold but you might have a different idea.)
« Last Edit: October 06, 2016, 11:51:37 am by UXLZ »
The circle is complete.

ATHATH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: October 06, 2016, 10:51:56 pm »

@Creator of Open Legend: The (normal) crossbow seems to be strictly inferior to one of the other weapons (I forgot which one). Is that intended?

Also, can one hold a weapon for its initiative boost but never use it, instead only casting (supernatural) boons/banes?
Seriously, ATHATH, we need to have an intervention about your death mug problem.
*slow clap* Well ATHATH congratulations. You managed to give the MC a mental breakdown before we even finished the first arc.
I didn't even read it first, I just saw it was ATHATH and noped it. Now that I read it x3 to noping

UXLZ

• Bay Watcher
  • God Eater
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: October 06, 2016, 11:40:28 pm »

@Creator of Open Legend: The (normal) crossbow seems to be strictly inferior to one of the other weapons (I forgot which one). Is that intended?

Also, can one hold a weapon for its initiative boost but never use it, instead only casting (supernatural) boons/banes?

Hmm, yes. Assuming there aren't any feets or boon modifications I'm unaware of, the Crossbow is strictly inferior to the Longbow and potentially also the Shortbow, unless having a higher wealth level means it is better.
The circle is complete.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: October 07, 2016, 12:14:39 am »

Spoiler: Character Creation (click to show/hide)
I don't think I'll make it for Dwarmin to return :< But I'll be trying to make a sheet the soonest I can? :-\

UXLZ

• Bay Watcher
  • God Eater
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: October 07, 2016, 07:33:19 am »

Proper submission post.
Pastebin Sheet.
Spoiler: Forum Sheet (click to show/hide)

Should be fairly obvious what I'm basing this character off.

« Last Edit: October 08, 2016, 09:28:11 am by UXLZ »
The circle is complete.

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: October 07, 2016, 09:43:34 am »

Spoiler: Character Creation (click to show/hide)
I don't think I'll make it for Dwarmin to return :< But I'll be trying to make a sheet the soonest I can? :-\
Why are you asking me? :P
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: October 08, 2016, 10:35:23 am »

Good news, everyone!

I didn't blow away. In fact, the storm pretty much missed me entirely. I thought it was gonna be the scene from Day After tomorrow where tornadoes destroy everything, instead it was more like the scene from Superman 2 where that guy loses his ice cream cone.

Now to dig through the submissions.
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: October 08, 2016, 11:03:41 am »

Oh, it does too, I missed that, thank you. I glossed over it because it mentioned a Warhammer and I don't intend for my character to ever use any blunt weapons. Hm, I might end up having to go with something else, or switch it for a Longsword if Dwarmin allows. Ultimately I'd like it best to to do custom items, but its his prerogative and if not I'll work with what I can.

You can use the custom item sets if you want-ergo,

You may select up to three items of your Wealth Level and any number of items of a lesser Wealth Level

We start at wealth level 2.

Note, if you bring 15 hatchets I'm having them swept away by the storm. :P

Also, I have determined the crossbow really does suck, compared to the other bows. It needs to have more banes added to it.
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: October 08, 2016, 11:07:01 am »

I would rule if you don't actually attack with the weapon, you lose the init boost for the rest of the battle.

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 50