Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 32 33 [34] 35 36 ... 50

Author Topic: A Star Once Fallen OOC~6/6 players (Testing Open Legend RPG)  (Read 58242 times)

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
Re: A Star Once Fallen OOC~6/6 players (Testing Open Legend RPG)
« Reply #495 on: November 23, 2016, 12:19:24 pm »

I won't do that then. I will stay still and instead be savaged where I stand.

Good decision.

Or, he could also try to blow all the bees away with force push, and let you escape...and you could combo it with AOE Demoralized to give him a better shot at success...

So many choices...!
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile
« Reply #496 on: November 23, 2016, 12:32:19 pm »

Euh well I didn't know you could do that, or demoralise things that possibly have no morale, but do explode at the sound of my voice.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #497 on: November 23, 2016, 12:38:50 pm »

Euh well I didn't know you could do that, or demoralise things that possibly have no morale, but do explode at the sound of my voice.

I have tried to subtly hint that the beings they use as 'blueprints' contain fragments of living souls. It's how they were able to mimic Caern so well...

The explosions happen because they'd rather recycle the constructs and make another one on the next turn, than bother with a d20 roll against a bane. :P
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile
« Reply #498 on: November 23, 2016, 02:07:21 pm »

Yeah but Jao hasn't noticed that he's been a bit busy being awesome and also lawful.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #499 on: November 23, 2016, 03:30:20 pm »

I can't see the map right now, but is there any enemy that'd smack any of the Caerns with an AoO if I moved? I want to try and help both Jao and Wen-Tsu.

And Dwarmin, any word on whether IO is joining?
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #500 on: November 23, 2016, 03:55:40 pm »

I can't see the map right now, but is there any enemy that'd smack any of the Caerns with an AoO if I moved? I want to try and help both Jao and Wen-Tsu.

And Dwarmin, any word on whether IO is joining?

I'm not sure I was serious about letting IO in. :P He never really pushed me to join the game after his initial posts, so I didn't consider it any further and figured he was happy to be waitlisted for now. Also, we've got a lot of players already.

Also, no enemies can smack you, the one adjacent to Caern is on a roof above his head.

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #501 on: November 23, 2016, 06:13:07 pm »

Channeling his energy to the Caern construct is...interesting. He feels an echo of power in return for his own gift, that glowing mortality he once had himself. Such a warm ember, cupped in his unsteady hands...

He feels he wouldn't be able to cast any supernatural abilities himself now, but the construct should be able to.

Illusion Caern also gets an infusion of strange energies...not entirely worldly one...he feels distinctly uncomfortable. Having someone throw you a lifeline is one thing-them giving you a blood transfusion is a bit more personal. Still, he feels he can now use his supernatural abilities, as long as they remain linked

From this, I would understand only Caern or his illusion can use magic, not both.

I would also say that regeneration isn't a useful thing to cast on Wen-Tsu - as she's uninjured (but trapped) and can cast it on herself without possibility of failure.
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably browsing tasteful erotic dolphin photos
    • View Profile
« Reply #502 on: November 23, 2016, 06:43:32 pm »

Channeling his energy to the Caern construct is...interesting. He feels an echo of power in return for his own gift, that glowing mortality he once had himself. Such a warm ember, cupped in his unsteady hands...

He feels he wouldn't be able to cast any supernatural abilities himself now, but the construct should be able to.

Illusion Caern also gets an infusion of strange energies...not entirely worldly one...he feels distinctly uncomfortable. Having someone throw you a lifeline is one thing-them giving you a blood transfusion is a bit more personal. Still, he feels he can now use his supernatural abilities, as long as they remain linked
From this, I would understand only Caern or his illusion can use magic, not both.

I would also say that regeneration isn't a useful thing to cast on Wen-Tsu - as she's uninjured (but trapped) and can cast it on herself without possibility of failure.

Uh, Illusion Caern is using Anders' reserves, so both Caerns are juiced up and ready to go.
I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---
Q: "Do you have any idea what you're doing?"
A: "No, not particularly."

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #503 on: November 23, 2016, 06:59:45 pm »

Uh, Illusion Caern is using Anders' reserves, so both Caerns are juiced up and ready to go.

Ah, right, right.
The thing 'bou Wen-Tsu still stands, though.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #504 on: November 23, 2016, 09:10:52 pm »

Caern is casting Restoration on her, though, and that's the Boon that can cancel Banes. And please post on the RT game.

>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #505 on: November 23, 2016, 09:46:38 pm »

I'm not sure I was serious about letting IO in. :P He never really pushed me to join the game after his initial posts, so I didn't consider it any further and figured he was happy to be waitlisted for now. Also, we've got a lot of players already.
So you're saying the key to getting in is whining about it? :3

I would like to get in, but I don't want to strain the game. And, you know, I had ample time to get in when it was starting and couldn't quite manage.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #506 on: November 24, 2016, 03:23:45 am »

Caern is casting Restoration on her, though, and that's the Boon that can cancel Banes. And please post on the RT game.

Jesus.
Apparently reading comprehension was something beyond me.

I'ĺl post in the RT game later tonight.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #507 on: November 27, 2016, 02:37:19 pm »

Gigla, are you waiting on the resolution of Wen-Tsu's attempt to escape? You could probably post conditionals, like using your move action to try and shake off the Bane in case my Restoration attempt fails, plus your Major and Minor actions as normal.
>Yes?

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #508 on: November 27, 2016, 03:07:42 pm »

Urgh. Checking, my post must not have gone through again.

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably browsing tasteful erotic dolphin photos
    • View Profile
« Reply #509 on: November 29, 2016, 03:36:38 pm »

Sorry guys. If I lag behind too much in future, Lawas can act for Anders.

Hopefully I'll be a bit more reliable in a week or two.
I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---
Q: "Do you have any idea what you're doing?"
A: "No, not particularly."
Pages: 1 ... 32 33 [34] 35 36 ... 50