Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 27

Author Topic: Small Mercies (IC) | Death is knocking, and he wants to buy a goat.  (Read 52157 times)

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile
Re: Small Mercies (IC) | Death is knocking, and he wants to buy a goat.
« Reply #330 on: March 28, 2017, 10:18:16 am »

Quote from: Aubrey to Kesari
I do mean W. To my knowledge K is in space but having seen him have reasons to doubt this prevents him being a severe threat. I am monitoring our return.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #331 on: March 28, 2017, 11:53:51 pm »

I do mean W. To my knowledge K is in space but having seen him have reasons to doubt this prevents him being a severe threat. I am monitoring our return.
Quote from: Kes :O | Re: Don't forget!
Please check inside the shuttle for a manual--if the mercs are as I think they are, they might've left important manuals inside that thing.
In the meantime, please connect to this port in the Reunion for me to monitor you better...and not manually. I think there is one over here that tracks you and Boris' progress, and the rest of your folks.

That said, I don't think that all of you can fit if you're at a quantity more than ten, barring cramped conditions, fifteen.

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile
« Reply #332 on: April 02, 2017, 06:26:58 am »

edit to above action:

To King Boris:
"King Boris, perhaps you should fly this back and I'll take back the Sled... or perhaps you'd rather fly something more homely? Or perhaps one of the refugees here could fly back this craft, I could take the Sled back, and you could see if there's any ships out there that take your fancy? Perhaps Ka-tuaen's ship is left behind... Yes... Absorbing that level of technology somewhere into the Reunion could be tempting, no?"

And to the refugees:
"Hello there. Would any of you like to and be confident in flying this craft back to our mothership so that we can rescue our own shuttle? I am fond of it. Does anyone want to take any of the dead mercenaries' ships? They are all dead, so it wouldn't not be theft. We can split the proceeds of any sales, and then the group of you will have some savings to get you all back on your feet. What do you say?"

Edit Aubrey's piloting back home action according to any responses...

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #333 on: April 02, 2017, 12:14:19 pm »

Boris considered the suggestion to steal Ka's ship. His eyes seemed to glaze over. One could almost hear the thoughts rolling around in his head. Tempting, yes - not just because of the level of technology it represented, if a bit too shiny and fragile-looking for his liking, but also for the thought of humiliating the creature Mickaw was so afraid of. A part of him was entirely aware of how terrible an idea that was.

'I... will see if I can get in. I'll be quick. Get everyone headed the Reunion's way - as many as we can fly out.'

Taking a breath, Boris crept towards the entrance to the strange and undoubtedly terribly dangerous ship their foe had arrived here in. If he was lucky, he'd be unable to get inside and could leave the thing be - but the hungry, kingly part of him wanted him to be very unlucky indeed.

---
Try to get inside Ka's ship like an absolute madman! If unable, see if there's any fast way of sabotaging the thing and then take whatever shuttle or ship is available and get the hell out of here.
Russia is simply taking an anti-Fascist stance against European Nazi products, they should be applauded. ¡No parmesan!

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile
« Reply #334 on: April 03, 2017, 12:03:36 pm »

Aubrey muttered under her breath, "Dammit King Boris, I don't want to abandon my crewmates twice in one mission..." before turning to the refugees, again.

"Right. Ty, Taggett - I need you to volunteer to fly this shuttle and our beloved Sled back home to the Reunion - is that okay? I have to check he's alright. Perhaps the one who gets the honour of flying the Sled could give us a couple of minutes in case we can't get in this other ship..."

Aubrey quickly distributes Ty and Taggett amongst the Sled and the new shuttle, before racing after Boris...

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably browsing tasteful erotic dolphin photos
    • View Profile
« Reply #335 on: April 20, 2017, 05:10:30 pm »

Khate

Gently fish the death stickers from Scarlet's pocket, and either gently apply them to the panther's wounds or let Varkonius snatch them out of my hands to do it himself.

To Khate's mild surprise, Vark stepped out of the way and let her take care of applying the stickers.

The brightly colored strips adhered well to the panther's wounds, stopping the external bleeding in a few seconds. The panther twitched slightly, but relaxed rapidly as the chemical payloads began spreading throughout her body. From Khate's (rather considerable) experience with being shot, they'd probably prevented death by shock/blood loss. Slower death by internal bleeding was still on the table, as were a number of other longer term conditions. The projectile passed clean through, which was a blessing, but there was no telling what it had messed up on the way through. The panther still needed actual medical treatment.

Vark unsealed his helmet and threw it onto the couch in front of the tv. He looked a little older than his deep site had suggested, and sweat had plastered his short blond hair to his forehead. Judging by the way he was breathing, he was making a concerted effort to calm himself. "Cass, do whatever these two tell you to do, and make sure ALL security measures are deactivated for them."

The nurse nodded, turning to regard Khate and Scarlet in turn. Physically, she was an excellent replica of a person, with micro-expression and a wealth of life behind her eyes. Still, abundant evidence showed there was less between the ears than most people, which probably explained why someone like Vark used her. Intelligent enough to trust basic tasks to, far too dumb to ever turn against him.

"Cass is very precise, but does not adapt well to clear discrepancies. It's a price typically worth paying for the added security. A machine does no good if your enemies can convince it that an apple is an orange, or that they are you." Vark explained, limping over to the section of room that seemed to shade more into ship's bridge than living room. "I'm going to take us over to the Merciful Reunion. You should tell whoever else is there that we come in peace so long as my cat is taken care of."

The casual remark put Khate's ears on point inside her armor. He knew her ship's name. Man knew a surprising number of things.

Scarlet

The sex-maid-nurse-Cass-thing smiled at Scarlet and Khate, a curiously bland expression that wouldn't have been out of place on a hospital promo poster.

"You may now step on to the carpet at your leisure, it will not attempt to eviscerate you. There is an anti-personnel mine under the cushions of the blue armchair. It has been deactivated, but may make the seat less comfortable than you suspect," Cass said, its tone sympathetic.

Scarlet glanced over at the blue armchair. It was directly across a small table from a much deeper leather chair. Cute. Invite someone to negotiate, sit in leather chair, watch as they sit down on a landmine. Certainly more direct than trying to offer them a poisoned drink.

"You appear to be infected," Cass added, her gaze moving to fix solely on Scarlet with an intense look. "I do not recognize the pathogen, but it appears to be killing you. I can attempt treatment, or you can activate the ultima noctis protocol."

Varkonius, still standing over the navigation console, snorted. "Cass, stop trying to provide euthanasia. Just put a bar on that for now." Vark paused and looked back over his shoulder at Scarlet. "Though I suppose it's an option if you want a pleasant way to die."

Aubrey

"Right. Ty, Taggett - I need you to volunteer to fly this shuttle and our beloved Sled back home to the Reunion - is that okay? I have to check he's alright. Perhaps the one who gets the honour of flying the Sled could give us a couple of minutes in case we can't get in this other ship..."

Aubrey quickly distributes Ty and Taggett amongst the Sled and the new shuttle, before racing after Boris...

Ty's eyes went very wide indeed when Aubrey explained her plan to divide her and Taggett between the two shuttles. By the time Aubrey had finished, the young neo-cat was frizzy with excitement and very nearly vibrating.

"Omigod. OmigodOmigod. IGetToFlyARealShuttleAndSavePeopleAndIt'sGoingToBeJustLikeVoidHeroes! IGetAGoatAndAShuttleAndAnAdventureInTheSameDay! BESTDAYEVER!" After that nearly incomprehensible statement, Ty bolted for the Sled with a truly remarkable sound. Aubrey had never heard a neo-cat squee with excitement before, and the sound seemed to induce a state of white-eyed mortal terror in the other refugees. Clarke in particularly looked like he was going to throw up, scream, or potentially both at the same time.

Tagget inclined the bulk of his suit to Aubrey in an awkward sort of Fish bow. "Thank you, for trusting my daughter. There aren't many better opportunities for a young woman to grow up. I'll try and teach her to fly as we go."

With that, Tagget stumped off to his respective shuttle, trailing a far larger group of refugees than Ty. It occurred to Aubrey that she probably should have made sure that Ty actually knew how to fly before she gave her the go-ahead to pilot a ship full of scared former-prisoners. Oh well. The Sled was easy to clean, and if Ty needed to slow down, she could just hit something.

Aubrey flapped off as well as her injured wing would allow, scooting after Boris.The mad king stopped outside the door to the ship Ka had hijacked, his expression bellicose. Aubrey watched as Boris' brow furrowed as he regarded the locked door, an expression that made her sigh internally. Her options at this point boiled down to, A: Let Boris make his own way through the door, taking up valuable time and potentially making things explode in the process, or B: Open the door with the override codes she'd grabbed and hope that karma was feeling merciful.

Aubrey opened the door. Whatever else it might do, it would definitely attract less attention from all involved than letting Boris unlock the door his way.

Boris

Try to get inside Ka's ship like an absolute madman! If unable, see if there's any fast way of sabotaging the thing and then take whatever shuttle or ship is available and get the hell out of here.

Boris' small kingdom had been invaded, his friends and loyal subjects injured, and his own honor and abilities impugned by a coward. Boris had a window for reprisal, and he had no intention of wasting it. His foes would know the wrath of a King.

Boris sprinted the short distance over to the cradle of the ship that caused so much trouble, leaving Aubrey to sort out the situation with the former hostages. The lock joining the station to the cradle umbilical was standard civilian grade, tough and reliable, but not impossible to break through. Given time he could break through physically, but it might be more efficient if he could get inside one of the control panels and rewire the door circuitry. Still, both those options took time, and-

Aubrey, having joined him some time in the interim when he'd been focusing. with the door, punched a short command sequence into the lock. The lock indicator immediately flashed green. The sight made the corner's of Boris' mouth quirk upwards, transforming his usual austere grimace into a more wicked expression. It was times like this when he remembered why he shared his domain with other people. Loyal subjects could be incredibly useful at times.

Boris threw the door open and strode into the light freighter like he already owned it. Things would have been so much simpler if this ship had been the only one they'd had to deal with. None of this nonsense with other mercenaries or bio-weapon wielding forces of nefarious intent. 

The freighter's design was one that Boris had encountered before in many, many variations across the years. The personnel airlock they'd entered from was in the ship 'neck'. Immediately left should lead to to the bridge and the nose of the ship. Immediately right would lead to the mess, then passenger/passenger storage if this ship was fitted for it, then crew, then main cargo/shuttlebay, and finally engineering. Considering that the ship Boris actually wanted was riding piggy back to this one, the most reasonable location for a connection would probably be somewhere in the main cargo area.

Besides the initial locked door, there was disappointingly little resistance. The door to the bridge was closed, but the hallway left that ran along the spine of the ship was silent and empty. This gave Boris  an interesting decision. He could look for the passage between this vessel and Ka's actual ship, or he could just steal this one while Ka's was still attached.

The unmistakable snap and hiss of an airlock clicking free of its umbilical made Boris spin. He'd barely felt the change velocity, but there was a very clear red ring around the airlock door now. The freighter had just disembarked, which meant Ka's ship had just begun moving. Which meant that Boris and Aubrey had just been separated from the Flounder and the other, much more easily steal-able ships.

In for a penny, in for a pound.

Kesari

Err, future action--set bore solution for pretty much a hypothetical scenario of:
> Mickaw's shuttle team
> Varkonius' ship (or at least its presumed size)
> Us. The Reunion
> Probably another shuttle incoming that is most likely Boris.
> Probably any other tiny objects the size and shape of the Star. :P

To follow that up--turn all my attention to scanning and navigation:
++ What are the areas we can bore to!
+ Is there anyway I can attempt to detect the star by inputing to our eccentric CPU, its details and a local search?
+ If there's enough time (and work on my stress/tech harness), try to check the Cloaked ship or any hostiles I've missed; it's been a while since I turned my attention to...actually anything other than comms splicing and inter-station "hacking".

With the simple matter of preventing a rogue mercy group from detonating an improvised nuclear weapon inside the Reunion's hull well in hand, and Boris presumably already on board the Flounder, Kesari now only had one real problem: where the hell they were going to escape to. Which, given bore drives and space, meant that she had one problem and an uncountably infinite number of potential solutions.

The practical upshot of this dilemma was that there should be an infinitely large subset of good solutions to the problem. The downside was that it implied an even larger infinite subspace of bad solutions. Kari couldn't chart a bore directly back to Deliria. That would take hours that nobody had. What she could do instead was plot a course to some point in deep space, near something that would generate enough interference to throw off easy pursuit, and far enough away that pinhole scanning would have a very small chance of revealing their position.

From the, albeit limited, data Kesari could muster, there were three decent locations that the Reunion could establish a bore to within 5 minutes. The first was a nearby undeveloped system that basically consisted of a bunch of rocks orbiting a fiercely radioactive star. It was the kind of place where the Reunion was uniquely qualified to immerse herself in and would foul most scanners. The second was an AL-Loy relay outpost at the edge of her jump range, which would be a bit of a refuge in audacity but would potentially allow the direct purchase of coordinates leading much farther away, perhaps even semi-directly to Deliria. The last was just a jump to the farthest bit of black Kari could find, nothing special, but there were a zillion locations to choose from and it meant that any pursuers would have to get lucky on a pinhole scan to find the Reunion.

Further decision making on Kesari's part was cut short by a ripple of red lights spreading across the Reunion's control panel. Ka-Taeun's ship had just fished for, and successfully gained, a weapon's lock on the Reunion. That was one of the problems with using a space station as a ship; 'evade' just wasn't in the old girl's vocabulary.  Ka's ship, and the freighter it was holding on to, had just disembarked from the station, and they appeared to be headed directly for the Reunion. Judging by the fact that no beams, missiles, or other projectiles were currently heading straight for the Reunion, it seemed safe to assume that Kari was currently out of their weapon's range.

That did not, however, mean that Ka's ship was out of her reach. The Reunion had no less than seven racks of medium range missiles (eight missiles to a rack) that could reach the target, and three racks of long range missiles (four to a rack) that could probably circle the system and still have enough fuel left to hit Ka's ship.

Amidst the sea of red blinking lights, two small pricks of green lit up. Two shuttles, the Sled and the one Boris had borrowed from Mickaw, were requesting docking clearance. They were still a ways out, and their flight patterns were... erratic. 

Sadish

Action: Sadish sends the following sequence of images in whale-moji

[Puzzled Sadish, hand scratching chin]
[Pointing Arrow]
[A holographic Sadish with a robotic face and an antenna, tinted blue]
[Pointing Arrow]
[A symbol for a file opening] (Even after all this time, it still resembled a paper folder)
[One of Sadish's hands picking something up] (see previous item)
[Robo-Holo-Sadish now wears a devil's grin, and has a mask on, like a spy] (go previous)
[Question mark]

"Eating? I suppose recharging would be the closest endeavor. Your little clones, however, don't need any special way to recharge besides a strong EM field." Aimasc seemed to shiver, as though recalling something unpleasant. "They can even use my energy to replenish themselves, which is always unpleasant. I am, except in a state of emergency, not allowed to fabricate new nano-bot units. I make do with repairing myself when a unit becomes damaged, which, I suppose, does mean that I will eventually grow old. An interesting thought..."

While Aimasc pondered that, Sadish began attempting to communicate with her little cohort. A stern pointing made them all immediately swarm over to her, clustering around her screen excitedly. As Sadish went through the series of images, they mimicked them all gleefully. This degenerated quickly when a small group shaped like pointing arrows began chasing the ones shaped like Sadish, cornering them against the hospital bed and tickling them unmercifully with their points.

The spectacle almost made Sadish miss the one that separated off from the others and entered her rig.

The sequence of images that Sadish had input altered slightly. The question mark transformed into a ellipsis. Then a picture of Sadish as a baby, with a comically large human bottle. Then a picture of Sadish mostly grown, swimming among stars. Then came a rather familiar, if somewhat cartoony, image. Sadish, holding the puzzle box, dusting one of the corners off with a curious expression. That image hung for a moment, then was finally succeeded by an image of the same cake as before, with copies of Sadish pulling on it from every angle.

CHOOSE

Sadish blinked. One moment her screen had been full of little whale pictures, now it was occupied by massive blockprint text of a highly imperative nature.
I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---
Q: "Do you have any idea what you're doing?"
A: "No, not particularly."

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #336 on: April 21, 2017, 01:10:16 pm »

Sadish didn't really understand hypothetical concepts and symbolism. Presumably her clones knew this, and were having fun mystifying her.

"...I think this might be a psychological statement on my own interior divisions. Perhaps they are asking that I should choose the path of the explorer, the innocent, the healer, or the antiquarian...rather than being split a among myself. Be one whole cake, rather than many pieces of cake pulled in every direction!

What do you think Aimasc? Should we have cake for lunch, or is the cake only in my mind? Also, do you actually have cake? I'm a bit hungry. Though perhaps I should stick to liquids until I am mended..."
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile
« Reply #337 on: April 22, 2017, 04:45:23 pm »

Kesari. Two shuttles incoming to Reunion. Please welcome: refugees. Also: we have a complication. Boris/I unintentionally on ship leaving Flounder; not under our control. Intel or assistance would be gratefully received.

Aubrey was not outwardly the panicking type, but she felt she'd built up a deserved panic over the last few hours. She considered asking Boris to give her a good smack about the face... And... that was enough. Back to work. They both had to focus to get out of this, or at least one of them had to focus, and she knew that that one wasn't likely to be the King. She started calculating the options.

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
  • A knight, returned from a journey weary and long
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #338 on: April 23, 2017, 01:21:28 am »

"I'm going kicking and screaming if I go at all. Sorry if I bleed on your carpet." She looked at the maid, mentally steeling herself. Dying wasn't great, but she'd been on the delivering end of emergency medical care often enough to know that the process of not dying had a tendency to end up pretty damn unpleasant too. After taking a moment to make sure she wasn't confirming the sexbot's offer of euthanaisa. "Cass, please attempt medical treatment, with no euthanasia as requested." Damn robots. Damn suspicious missions. This was a new one: damn rainbow Canes.
GM of Trespassers V2.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #339 on: April 25, 2017, 12:22:59 am »

"There there, you'll be fine," Khate said reassuringly, patting Scarlet gently on the head. "We made the one who did this to you very angry. Very angry. He is now covered in paint."

Morale improved as much as Khate knew how to improve it, she plodded over to Varkonius, gently lowering herself into a sitting position.

"So how do you know me and my ship? Are you a DNR fan?

And uh... do you know why Rainbows wanted your cat so badly? If I'm not mistaken he orchestrated this whole mercy meetup and mass mangling, apparently just for that."

Quote from: Khate to Kesari
Sadish isn't responding and Vark's ship is coming in for a friendly visit. What's going on over there?
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #340 on: April 25, 2017, 05:10:15 am »

Boris had a growing suspicion they'd just bitten off more than they could chew, not for the first time today. Maybe it was time to consider retirement. Find a nice, out-of-the-way planetoid somewhere, hollow it out and set up where no-one could get him killed. But no. He had not given up on the Reunion; he had not given up on Strenger.

'No use standing here,' Boris grunted. 'Here's what we'll do. We find this other ship, sneak in, I sabotage the core - or engines -
 or anything - and we leave. Should be easy... ish. In an overdesigned pretty thing like that, we can break things by breathing on them, probably.'

Without waiting for an affirmative - such was the right of kings - Boris stomped off to find the accessway to Ka's ship. He tried to keep the whirring and clanging of his servos to a minimum. Stealth did not come entirely naturally to him, though his conquest of Strenger had necessitated its share of trickery and subterfuge. He hoped the lessons of those days would serve him here.

---
Suicidal Plan Pt. II: First, find the way to Ka's ship. Make sure the two ships can be easily detached when we undoubtedly come running back with a million goons on our tail.

Second. Avoid guards. Find either: the reactor, the engines, or any convenient critical things like weapons systems, life support, oxygen tanks, etc. Put on my best sabotaging face.

If spotted or caught, err, try to take out goons and stop them from alerting the whole ship. If Ka is there and we are not immediately killed, we do things extra, extraaa careful.
Russia is simply taking an anti-Fascist stance against European Nazi products, they should be applauded. ¡No parmesan!

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #341 on: April 25, 2017, 05:16:01 am »

((OF COURSE I POST THIS LATE :I Because I posted it right before going to work...yesterday. And then 'warning while you were typing a new reply has been posted...
And now 2 new replies :V
Yay lateness))

"Of course."

Kesari spoke only two words while she took in all the information on display--from the ship's early warning system, to Aubrey's message, she was ultimately distracted by her self-consciousness to her forgetfulness. Recalling the multiple defense systems the freighter packed, alongside the cloaked ship she had miscounted as something else (apparently, Ka-T's) which seemed particularly 'commensal' in her thoughts, this was an opportunity.

Now it was just a matter of keeping the hangar crew updated. It was better that nobody else knew that she was pretty much the 'only' crew member back on ship--wherever Sadish was.

Quote from: Kes :D | Re: "Accidental" Boarding
Un...intentionally? I relayed the internal layout of the Flounder.
Alright, relaying previous scans; tell me if you receive--implications mean a lot. Will attempt full layout inasmuch as scanning can be done. Will disguise attempt as detection scanning; currently receiving attack warnings.

Wish we had fighters or bombers. Can only try to play Pong with incoming ordnance.

Hope you got my reference.
Also please try to sabotage the ships. Or steal it--stealing seems best.
I'll try checking the records on the ship type. Will relay results only to you due to your personal firewalls.

Hovering a tech harness hand over the many buttons, Kesari remembered something that would've helped quite some time earlier: She had coded the crew's profiles to give a very minute ping back to her, separated in signaling from sender and receiver; hopefully this would help locate where Scarlet and Khate explicitly were.

In the least, she was grateful that the Reunion prided privacy--her messages would be sent quite uninterrupted. She hoped the same could be said about scanning a very well defended freighter, and its strange cloaked leech.

Quote from: Kes :D | Hello Varkonius!
To Varkonius; Hello!
We're currently under attack from those strange fellows owned probably by the rainbow dog. Would appreciate assistance, but to not bother you: I can give a bore solution that'd send your ship right into our hangar; just open a synch link, I'll take over the rest. You've around 25 minutes since my crew gave me word.

Please take care, can't wait to hear from the person Khate has been uppity with for quite some time.
And that's a compliment.

Also if you've any details on the attackers or their ship, that would be much appreciated. Some of our crew have boarded their ship in retaliation before it launched from the Flounder.

Ping Khate/Scarlet. Send an audible message.
If I can spare the time: Prepare medbay. Make a quick check on the hangar crew and Mick's second-in-command; having sent them the possible bore destinations.

Second Priority: Initiate scanning and defensive measures against attacking freighter and cloaked ship; initiate ship scan on ship database for both freighter and cloaked ship--attempt to send relevant data to Aubrey.

Priority: Ready up weapons; test weapons systems to probe for strengths of attacking ships--bore in bomb clouds and start defending this ship and cargo!
Also link earlier data of that cloaked ship's weapon systems for ease of defending.
P.S. Take another bite of chocolate.

Kesari received a delayed response from Khate! She was alive! Good news.
Quote from: Kes :D | KHATE! :3
Hi-um, sorry for the audible message, you can shut it off without anyone realizing it got cut--I gave a tiny code in there to always stop at the periods.

Basically, I'm glad I refurbished the Reunion's scanners. I am disappointed in myself that I forgot to restore or even check its further defenses for early warning system uses. We're under attack by the Freighter (buyer's ship) and Ka-T's ship (cloaked ship which blew up AlLoy security). To make matters more...complex, Boris and Aubrey have tried to sabotage Ka-T's ship, via the freighter. I assume it took off with them in there; good thing is that they may be undetected due to accidental take off with them in there--bad thing is that they're in a ship on an attack vector to...me.
Also Mickaw's team is probably pacified--by diplomacy. Also if ever you refer to me in their presence, I'm the Captain here. Long story. Will talk over popcorn. No bomb threat now, is the result.
Alsoalso I do believe Boris' shuttle (he borrowed it from Mickaw's team--they started with 2 shuttles, one with a makeshift bomb from the engine; goes to show innovation can escape the usual defenses even millenia since the bomb was devised :V) and our Sled are being piloted by refugees and the people y'all saved.

...I should not forget to establish communication with them too.

Oh, also I can't get comms to Sadish either. I've no idea what had happened and I forgot to ask Boris; I'll splice a CC right now.

HEY BORIS, WHAT DO YOU THINK HAPPENED TO SADISH. CAN'T CONTACT HER. WISH YOU WELL.
Sorry pressed the caps lock key.

Highest priority: Establish communication with shuttle/sled; guide and correct + give encouragement.
Be so happy that I'm an energetic pup as a total aside to micromanage multiple tasks.
« Last Edit: April 25, 2017, 05:44:08 am by Tiruin »

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #342 on: April 25, 2017, 06:04:16 am »

Quote from: Kes :D | My King! You require improvisation!
Boris! Remember how you got this whole junk of a ship floating? I believe you should do the same thing there to whatever you can find. Cause the most inconvenience possible with the least amount of notice--also you're at a total advantage if you have a weapon; they'll have to watch for friendly fire. You won't.

Oh, also please wait for scanning update. Will have it in a jiffy. Have up'd defenses. Will also be bomb clouding the area so please be aware of gravity jumps and spikes--it's like Sadish's practice, back when we played with the grav-controls, but now with enemies!

Hopefully I've overestimated them! They can't board us as long as our shields hold!

P.S. Junk is a referencial term to those humans way back a few millenia or so when they made the biggest ships that roamed their planet. It was cool to read about them. Junk was the name of the ship class, it seemed.

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile
« Reply #343 on: April 25, 2017, 06:36:42 am »

Attack warnings? From our direction?

Previous scans? Of Flounder? Not sure of current utility?

And yes. Unintentionally. Easily done.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #344 on: April 25, 2017, 06:47:54 am »

Attack warnings? From our direction?

Previous scans? Of Flounder? Not sure of current utility?

And yes. Unintentionally. Easily done.
Quote from: Kes D: | Re: Intentionally?!
Yes previous scans from the Flounder or-...you intentionally decided to board the ship!? I had thought you lost your way over there! D:

Ok that assumption is finished; I meant relaying previous scans of when I had first tried scanning the most obvious 'totally defended' freight ship around. So that'd give you an outline of what to expect; the usual is recommended: Disable self-destruct mechanisms, bore engine or supporting systems, or section power grids. A ship has many parts, you don't have to attack everyone on board, it can be very subtle even if I expect it to have many countermeasures involved.

I've messaged Boris too, but sent it through your communicator so that it has an added layer of encryption anyway.

I'm fearing they're attempting to board us. However we're aptly defended in structural layout--Boris has, as I assume, attempted to make it a [SWEAR WORD] to even map, and we've got many redundant areas filled with spiking radioactivity that lead to nowhere.
So we're a floating labyrinth used to only hold 6 people instead of the thousand-plus complement.

And yes, we're being attacked by a bloody freighter and its leech.
If this ship explodes, I blame the poor narrative of my life.
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 27