Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: Avuznazom ''Minedream''- The Founding  (Read 2242 times)

TheImmortalRyukan

• Bay Watcher
  • Master Story Weaver
    • View Profile
Re: Avuznazom ''Minedream''- The Founding
« Reply #15 on: October 05, 2016, 10:46:50 am »

First: Are you LAptop or PC?

Second: If PC then google "Screen Capture Software" pretty self explanatory there

Third: If Laptop, there should be a button called "prt sc" on your keyboard, if so, click it to save a screenshot, it'll automatically be saved to wherever your picture folder is. If not, just do step 2.

Others feel free to expand upon this if necessary
The Tale of Runlance - A Succession Fort in a Dying World

While the drink stocks run low and violence is rampant, the narcissistic tyrant demands a monument to his name

Fleeting Frames

• Bay Watcher
  • Spooky cart at distance
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 05, 2016, 12:09:11 pm »

Artifact floodgate is good bait furniture.

Heh on thoughts on elves. How hateful, though! Even goblins are kinder.

A kennel? Plan on catching vermin with dwarves instead of cats?

And yeah, didn't explain, just gave you enough to search for first google result. For one, I have no idea what OS you have, and can merely assume your bash scripting experience is not high.

@TheImmortalRyukan: I don't think there's any difference between PC and laptop, other than presence of numpad and some other keys maybe.

Print screen is pre-configured to output an image on some OSes, though I recall windows just copied it to clipboard (I think imgur.com can pull from there, but you'll likely want to crop)
« Last Edit: October 05, 2016, 12:11:22 pm by Fleeting Frames »

TankKit

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably writing something.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 05, 2016, 02:30:21 pm »

I have downloaded the ImgurUploaderSetup, but how do i actually use it? I have gone through the installation progress, I am not that stupid, but how do i properly use it?
“I would stop you from doing unholy experiments with my people, but I don’t actually care about their well-being and I kinda want to see what happens”

Spoken like a true god TankKit.

Fleeting Frames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 05, 2016, 02:46:22 pm »

You need to call the program you obtained - try calling it from command line as a test so you can see any errors.

Though I recommend linking a hotkey to call a it, so you can call it and get image link in seconds when desired (I use Ctrl-Shift-PrntSc for area shots). This is possible in all major OSes, though the methods vary.

I personally on lubuntu do this through editing /home/F^2/.config/openbox/lubuntu-rc.xml.

(Worth mentioning: I actually call a wrapper (areashot.sh) with zenity and scrot to save the file to my pictures folder or it's subfolders by adding folder/ before image name with a timestamp, then call the imgur script to upload it.)

Code: [Select]
#!/bin/bash
# Declare correct terminal emulator
# get the selected clipboard via backticks (or selected if -selection is removed)
# Ask for image name/sub-path
# automatically cancel the screenshot in half a minute if cat pressed it by accident
if asdf=`zenity --entry --text="AreaShot name" --title="Screenshot" --timeout=30`; then
# Add full directory
 asdf="/home/ubuntu/home/F^2/Pictures/"$asdf"-"`date +%s`
# Launch scrot with that name, adding png
 scrot -s  $asdf.png
# Upload it to imgur without opening (add --auto-delete 1814400 to delete in 3 weeks)
/home/F^2/shellscripts/imgur-screenshot.sh --open false $asdf.png
# Make new filename to include imgur upload link
nasdf=$asdf"i.imgur.com"`tail -1 /home/F^2/.imgur-screenshot.log | grep -o "https://i.imgur.com/........png" | grep -o "........png"`
# Rename file.
mv $asdf.png $nasdf
 else
 echo "Not shot"
fi
« Last Edit: October 05, 2016, 02:50:55 pm by Fleeting Frames »

TankKit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 05, 2016, 03:09:44 pm »

What do you mean by ''calling''?
“I would stop you from doing unholy experiments with my people, but I don’t actually care about their well-being and I kinda want to see what happens”

Fleeting Frames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 05, 2016, 04:08:40 pm »

Start the process. The code below is the script code of the wrapper, which executes 6 different programs in order (textbox, timestamp, screenshot, upload, getting upload url from file for later and adding it to the filename - (in case I come back weeks later and no longer have it in clipboard)).

TankKit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 06, 2016, 12:54:06 am »

But how do I actually start the process?

Fleeting Frames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 06, 2016, 02:40:14 am »

Point the hotkey to the address of the file you're wanting to execute.

TankKit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 06, 2016, 10:46:49 am »

15th Hematite
Today I realized just how much i actually do. I am the Millitia Commander, Expedition Leader, Manager, and the Broker. I was thinking of handing some of the work to someone else, but I am ok with all the work I have to do.

28th Hematite
Remember those elves I killed? They had multiple creatures in cages, and now one of those cages is empty, and we have a Grizzly War Bear. I must say, it was very kind of them to 'give up' their animals.

8th Malachite
It is time to dig for a specific rescource. Iron. I decided to be efficient in how we do it, so we are also digging out rooms while trying to find iron. We will probabaly not need all of them, but it is a good idea to plan for the future, right?

9th Malachite
Migrants! This is the list of what we got today.
1 Animal Trainer
1 Armourer
1 Clothier
1 Woodcrafter
1 Lye Maker
1 Potash Maker
1 Bone Docter
2 Children
None of them seem to be a vampire, so I let them in. Now we have to make some room for them. In other news I apointed Lorbam as the new manager, so he can do all that boring paperwork while I train.

22nd Malachite
I must say, Bomrek is extremely good at engraving. All the historically important events, like the founding of Avaznazom, have been made by him. And there is also an engraving about me crying, supposedly related to when I handed over the manager position to Lorbam. He is very lucky he is the best engraver. Very.

28th Malachite
Once I pointed out how insulting the only engraving about me was, he immediatly set to work. He fill an entire workshop room with the same engraving of me becoming the Expedition Leader when I first set out with 6 other dwarves to found this great fortress. I forgive him for the embarassing image of me crying.

16th Galena
Not much has happened recently, mostly everyone has just been hauling all the stones and gems and stuff scattered all around the place. I have told the miners to keep digging until they get to the magma deep underground. Then, they will search for Adamantine.

3rd Limestone
And this is why we need more gaurds. We caught a theif sneaking around in the main entrance, luckily one of the woodcutters caught him, and he took of like a ballista bolt. I have ordered more of the gaurd bedrooms to be furnished, so we can give the next gaurds that are recruited proper rooms.

Events of 4th Limestone
Onget hits the stone wall with his pickaxe, and it crumbles
Onget:''GUYS, I think I found a cavern!''
Erith and Lorbam push past him
Erith:''This is cool...''
He steps forward, and the floor makes a loud crunching sound
Erith:''What is that?''
He kneels down to examin the ground closely
Erith:''By Armork...''
He takes another step forward, and his foot sinks into the ground
Erith:''The floor is covered in bones!''
Suddenly, they hear a loud roar
Erith:''BLOCK IT UP NOW!''
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

TankKit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 06, 2016, 10:50:25 am »

Also incase anyone is curious, I play the game, and then update the journal as I am playing, so I don't forget anything like a moron.

EDIT: By journal I mean the story.
« Last Edit: October 06, 2016, 01:24:19 pm by TankKit »

HoshiGiniro

• Bay Watcher
  • Gamer Mom
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 06, 2016, 03:59:00 pm »

so I'm a little more old school about screen shots no fancy programs I just use, the Print screen button and then Ctrl+V on Paint then I can edit the image .... just make sure the only thing on the screen is what you want seen

TankKit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 07, 2016, 01:29:20 am »

Which button is the print screen button?

TankKit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Avuznazom ''Minedream''- The Destruction
« Reply #27 on: October 07, 2016, 03:49:12 am »

5th Limestone
We found a cavern yesterday, apparantly they heard loud roaring, so I gave them permission to block it back up again. I hope they do it in time, because I do not want this fortress to die so soon.

15th Limestone
A caravan from the mountainhomes has arrived. We have plenty of rock crafts we made, and they will have to do for now. Of course now we have gold, we will start gold crafts.

17th Limestone
PRAISE THE MINERS! We have found a grat magma ocean, and on the wall opposite to where the miners dug, ADAMANTINE. Of course, we will have to be very careful while digging it, I have heard the story of the first fortress, and how it had to destroy an entire mountain to save the world.

Events of 22nd Limestone
Domas is writing documents, when she hears the door opening and looks up. She sees a hooded dwarf standing there, and is immediatly on full alert, not that she shows it of course.
Domas:''Do we have a meeting?''
??:''I am beyond meetings.''
Domas:''I don't think we have a meeting,''
??:''No.''
Domas:''So why are you here?''
??:''To sign a funeral.''
He leaps at her with a menacing copper battle axe, but she is to quick for him. She dodges, and chops his leg off with her own steel battle axe, while also grabbing his axe hand. He manages to get out of her grip, which is surprisingly strong, but immediatly has his arm chopped off.
Domas:''Death...This doesn't scare me.''
She grabs his hood, and rip it off, revealing who it is.
Domas:''Sigun?''
Sigun:''Heh heh heh, this isn't over yet...''
She chops his head off.
Domas:''TRAITOR!''
(Meanwhile...)
Master?:''He deserved it.''
??2:''Please master, bring him back,''
Master?:''NO, I told him to be sneaky, and he just WALKED RIGHT IN!''
??2:''Bu-''
Master?''NO BUTS!''
??2:''O-Ok...''

25th Limestone
Another adamantine pillar, this truly IS the Minedream. So much adamantine... Maybe this is a common thing, we just rarely find it but. With all this adamantine, at this day and age, I could become the queen of... No no no, that's going a bit TOO far, but we could become the Mountainhome! Me and Sarvesh have also started sparring now.

27th Limestone
Oh no, we dug straight into the hollow stairway... We have opened a gatway to Hell itself. We must now hope we don't hear... the noises.

Events of 28th Limestone
A screeching sound fills the fortress
Domas:''It's the noise...''
Domas:''I WANT EVERY DWARF CONSCRIPTED RIGHT NOW, IF WE'RE GOING DOWN, WE'RE GOING DOWN WITH A FIGHT!''
Everyone cheers at Domas' bravery, and picks up the best nearbye weapon. Domas herself however, has a plan. A group of dwarves will go down into the stairwell to slow down the demons, while the masons build the wall. If they can't build the wall quick enough, they are doomed. They know the demons will destroy the wall anyway, but they just plant to use it to keep them out(in?) long enough for everyone to escape.
Domas:''EVERYONE, PLAN A!''
Everyone gets into their positions. The miners who were digging the adamantine manage to take out 2 demons before dying, and the demons flood forward into the stairwell. Then, at the worst time possible, MIGRANTS ARRIVE! The demons go up the stairwell, and are met by a large group of dwarves, offically beginning the battle.
Lorbam:''DIE DEMON SCUM!''
Lorbam enters a martial trance and kills alot of them before perishing. The number of demons has gone down from 120 to 100 now. Suddenly the baroness from the new migrants appoints one of them as a mayor, and the mayor walks of to do paperwork. The number of demons goes down to 90, maybe they have a chance? Then a body comes flying up and hits one of them, getting lodged in the poor dwarf's arm. The monsters reach the top of the stairwell, and nearly every single dwarf goes into a martial trance, lopping demon off and killing them. it is a flurry of blows, death and destruction, Plan A had failed. Now it was Plan B. Domas feels a rage inside her, a rage that cannot be tamed, a rage that consumes her. She charges into battle, oblivious of her friends dying, and keeps killing demons. She feels liquid dripping all over her, but she doesn't care who's blood it is, she just keeps fighting. nearly everyone is slaughtered, and the entire fortress is covered in fire, smoke, tears, and blood. By the end of it, only one person is standing, Domas. She looks around at all the destruction and death, and weeps for all her fellow dwarves. She sits there for a day, weeping. With a sudden surge of courage she grabs a pickaxe, and goes to the wall keeping out the lava. She knows she has roughly 2 seconds to move before she burns to death by magma, and she hits the wall so hard with her pickaxe it goes straight through. Then she runs, and runs, not looking back until she is far away enough to not die. She looks back at the fortress, and with a sudden surge of courage, she knows what she will do. She will gather some friends, get better gear, and find an entrance to hell. Then she would kill every single one of those damn bastards.

TankKit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Avuznazom ''Minedream''- The End, and a new beggining
« Reply #28 on: October 07, 2016, 03:55:30 am »

Urist looks up at his father.
Urist:''What a story, i'll lead a fortress one day to!''
Father chuckles.
Father:''Maybe one day, but this story still isn't over,''
Urist:''Really?''
Father:''Yes son, for that was just the beggining of her long, long life,''
Urist:''How is she so old?''
Father:''That is explained in a future chapter, but now it is time for you to go to bed.''
Urist:''Aaaaaah, please dad, just one more?''
Father looks at his son, smiling.
Father:''Your like me when I was a child, ok just one more for today,''
Urist:''Yay!''

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

TankKit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Domas ''Domas' Journy''- The End, and a new beggining
« Reply #29 on: October 07, 2016, 07:23:01 am »

11th Moonstone
I have waited in the King's fortress for a long time now, and finally the king has agreed to see me. ME! I, Domas, am going to meet the king! This is so exciting!

Me and the king had a long talk about what happened to my fortress, and about the hooded figure. He told me about the Order of Fire, and how they are determined to bring the Old gods back to rule this world. He told me about how Armok fought them off at the start of this world, and how he split his power into multiple different beings, called ''Avatars''. He told me about the power of the Avatars, and how they keep this world safe. He told me about another Order, called the Order of Armok, and how everyone in the Order of Armok has a small piece of Armok's power themself. He told me that he was one of those people, and that his two bodygaurds are to. He told me that he could sense some of that power inside me, and that I was now officially recruited into the Order of Armok. He told me that any creature can hold the power of Armok, and that there was a human with this power in a nearbye hamlet. He told me...everything. I immediatly set out on my journy to the nearest human hamlet.

We have already made good progress, and we will be at the human hamlet tommorw. IF, everything nothing go's bad.

12th Moonstone
Nothing attacked us last night, and we are almost at the hamlet now.

We just got attacked by a bunch of alligators, and Ral's leg is torn open. We are going to have to stay here for now, so his leg can heal. Aparrantly we also heal very fast because of the power of Armok inside us.

Ral's leg has healed, meaning we can finally be on our way. We will still probabaly only arrive tommorow though.

We were just attacked by a pack of dingos, and Ral did surprisingly well for a guy who couldn't stand up. My eyelid almost got ripped off.

Now a cougar just attacked us, I chopped it's head off with ease.

13th Moonstone
We managed to get some sleep in the end, and we are now on our way to the hamlet, almost there.

We are here, now to find that person and the gear...

I killed 5 wolves with 3 hits. I am pretty good with an axe, if I do say so myself.

I asked around for the human with Armok's power in him, who is called Jack by the way, and it turns out he isn't here anymore. Apparantly he went far to the East. So a simple fetch quest, is now going to turn into a full blown bloody adventure. Oh well, I guess it will be lots of ''fun''

15th Moonstone
We are currently traveling across the badlands, and there are SO MANY VULTURES!

17th Moonstone
We just found a mysterious, dark cave. LET'S GO IN!

This isn't a cave, it's an entire fucking CAVERN!

THIS ISN'T A CAVERN, IT'S A MAZE(ing)

I am completely lost. Why did we go in here?

Pages: 1 [2] 3