Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: Avuznazom ''Minedream''- The Founding  (Read 2244 times)

TankKit

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably writing something.
    • View Profile
Avuznazom ''Minedream''- The Founding
« on: October 04, 2016, 05:54:21 am »

Domas' Journal
14th Sandstone
I have decided to start a journal, so i can record everything that is happening in this fortress Avuznazom, ''Minedream''. We have decided to place it right next to a volcano, and so far the ground here has been rich with minerals, hence the name. We have a very basic fortress, with a farm, beds, dining hall, workshops, my office, stockpiles for food, wood, stone, and furniture. This volcano, is different to others. Next to most volcanoes you have a sense of constant danger, but with this one, i feel safe. Multiple others have also expressed this feeling, although it is sort of weird...

28th Sandstone
The first death. Tun Namilral, brother of Tun Namilral, and son of Tun Namilral, has been killed by magma crabs. A group of them grabbed him while he was looking into the volcano
, and dragged him in.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Every death is of course a sad thing, but atleast we now know this volcano has crabs, and eventually we will no doubt see even more deadly creatures, like Fire Imps.

29th Sandstone
We have decided that the volcano shall be where we shall execute any wrong-doers, due to it's convinience. Weird though, everyone chose it. So far this has not happened, although this is the year 5, so it will probably happen a lot more in the future.

12th Timber
Ranged and Melee training rooms have been dug out, as well as the bedrooms that the military will sleep in, and plans are being made for a finished good storage stockpile, and the Trade Depot is being constructed as i speak. I have also made a list of things i need to do.

TO-DO List:
1: Get an army
2: Builder magma forges and smelters
3: Build a magma moat
4: Make a fighting arena
5: Become King's Fortress
6: Get a good supply of food
7: Brutally Slaughter an Elf
8: Tame a big beasty
9: Become a mother
10: Declare war on hell
11: Build a magma waterfall
12: Become Mayor when we become a barony

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: October 04, 2016, 05:59:43 am by TankKit »
“I would stop you from doing unholy experiments with my people, but I don’t actually care about their well-being and I kinda want to see what happens”

Spoken like a true god TankKit.

TankKit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Avuznazom ''Minedream''- The Founding
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2016, 12:27:40 pm »

I just had an update ready, and the game crashed 
My First Reaction?  >:(FUUUUUUUUUUUUUU- >:(
Now?  :'(WAAAAAAAAAAAAAA- :'(
“I would stop you from doing unholy experiments with my people, but I don’t actually care about their well-being and I kinda want to see what happens”

TankKit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2016, 01:51:31 pm »

12th Moonstone
The area under where the magma forge and smeltery are going to go has been dug out, with only a very thin wall keeping back the magma. This is where the magma is going to go, so that we don't have to use coal. The area where they are actually going to go has also been dug out.

22nd Moonstone
A second stone stockpile has been finished. At the rate the miners are digging, we are going to need ALOT of stone stockpiles. The Magma Forge and Smeltery have also been finished, so now we just need someone to dig that last wall...

22nd Opal
We now have a cloth and finished goods stockpile, the Trade Depot is finished but still noone has dug out the wall. I can hardly blame them, it is almost certain death for whoever does.

Events of 2nd Obsidian
Zuglar slowly walks to the door with Domas.
Domas:''Zuglar, you know what you are doing, you won't survive,''
Zuglar:''I-I know, but it is for the fort,''
They reach the door, and Zuglar goes through.
Domas:''Goodbye Zuglar,''
Zuglar:''Goodbye Domas,''
As he walks to the wall he hears the door lock behind him.
Zuglar:''1...''
He strikes the wall.
Zuglar:''2...''
He strikes it again.
Zuglar feels a sudden burst of courage, and strikes the wall yelling
Zuglar:''FOR THE FORT!''
He closes his eyes and embraces death, like a true dwarf sacrafice.
Zuglar:''For Avuznazom.''
All that is left is his pick, and then that melts to.

3rd Obsidian
R.I.P Zuglar
Your sacrafice will not be Forgotten: You made the Magma powered forge and smeltery possible.

(Meanwhile, in one of the future bedrooms,)
???1: ''The first sacrafice for the volcano, the plan is going smoothly,''
???2:'' Master, should we strike now?''
Master?: ''No, we should wait,''
???1: ''But he has a po-,''
Master?: ''MY WORD IS FINAL, i know you are eager, but we must still WAIT!''
The three cloaked figures look at each other
Master?: ''Dismissed.''

1st Granite
What a way to end the year. One thing checked of the list, 11 more to go

TO-DO List:

TankKit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 04, 2016, 01:56:01 pm »

Next update will probabaly be tommorow, if i have a chance to update. Also sorry these are really short, i don't have much time to do them  :-[
« Last Edit: October 04, 2016, 02:04:23 pm by TankKit »

Fleeting Frames

• Bay Watcher
  • Spooky cart at distance
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 04, 2016, 03:19:55 pm »

Heh. Zuglar killed just for poetry? He probably could have outrun the magma, or if not just ran through a 2/7 pool, to say nothing of opening the pipe from above or beneath through a bridge.
Heh @ order

TankKit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 04, 2016, 03:26:37 pm »

Heh. Zuglar killed just for poetry? He probably could have outrun the magma, or if not just ran through a 2/7 pool, to say nothing of opening the pipe from above or beneath through a bridge.

Heh @ order
Actually, he died because of my own stupidity, i just made it sound poetic afterwards. I completely forgot about pipes, i am such a moron. And i can't change it now, because by the time i remembered about pipes i had already saved. Ah well, atleast it gave the fortress some story. Also, the list is not in order of priority, if it was Brutally slaughtering and elf would definitely be Number 1.

Fleeting Frames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 04, 2016, 06:34:15 pm »

Oh no, I was assuming it was in order of completion.

TheImmortalRyukan

• Bay Watcher
  • Master Story Weaver
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 04, 2016, 09:09:39 pm »

Sounds !FUN!, I was thinking of putting one of MY personal forts here as a community fort, just don't have the.... care? to do it...

anywho, great fort, though some pictures would be nice
The Tale of Runlance - A Succession Fort in a Dying World

While the drink stocks run low and violence is rampant, the narcissistic tyrant demands a monument to his name

TankKit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 05, 2016, 01:11:20 am »

I am going to be perfectly honest, i don't know how to take screenshots in Dwarf Fortress, let alone post them.

Fleeting Frames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 05, 2016, 01:21:44 am »

Same way you take screenshots everywhere else.

1. First, you make the thing you're screenshotting be on top of screen.
2. Then, you get out the teabags.

:P ....More seriously, I personally have hotkeyed a script to take a screenshot of my desired area of screen with given name and then upload it to imgur (only using it fo the last part, but imgur-screenshot.sh - obtained from github, and I bet there's windows variant too -  provides most of that functionality on it's own).

Imic

• Bay Watcher
  • Still sad
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 05, 2016, 01:36:10 am »

I r interested
Imic's no longer allowed to vote.
Quote from: smyttysmyth
Well aren't you cheery
Quote cabinet
Regrets every choice he made and makes, including writing this here.

TankKit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 05, 2016, 02:40:44 am »

3nd Granite
Erith was going up the staircase to harvest some outside plants today, when she looked up and saw a theif! She chased it away, luckily it hadn't stolen anything.

11th Granite
I absoloutly detest elves. Those tree-hugging, nature-saving, insult-throwing pieces of shit. Nature is very valuable, oh yes, when it's it's making all your furniture. They are so ridiculously stupid, and now i am going to have to deal with them! They can atleast wait a day.

Events of 12th Granite
Domas, Dodok, Ingish, and Sazkul walk up to the elves
Elf Trader1: ''HOW DO YOU CU-''
Domas grabs him, and punches his head so hard it explodes into gore
Domas: ''I HATE ELVES!''
Dodok, Ingish, and Sazkul proceed to mob the other one, breaking and ripping apart it's body, yet still it refuses to die.
Elf Trader2: ''I hate dwarves...''
Domas: ''THE FEELING'S MUTUAL!''
Domas then breaks the elf's neck
Domas: ''Now, what goodies did they have?''

22nd Granite
A corpse stockpile has been built, because I did eventually decide what to do with those elves. I killed the useless scum.

23rd Granite
We have finally memorialised Zuglar, the dwarf who made it much easier to get magma underneath our magma forge and smeltery, because i couldn't be bothered to use pipes. Most of the other dwarves think of him as a hero, and so do i. A hero who made the process take much less time. We also have so much food and drink, we haven't got enough barrels, so i ordered construction of 30 more. That should do the trick.

25th Granite
Migrants, here is the list of what we got
1 Carpenter
3 Woodcutters
3 Engravers
1 Mason
1 Metalcrafter
1 Weaponsmith
1 Gem Cutter
1 Glasmaker
1 Papermaker
2 Fish Cleaners
1 Fish Dissector
1 Fisherdwarf
1 Farmer
1 Gelder
1 Herbalist
1 Potash Maker
1 Siege Engineer
2 Peasants
Lots and lots of animals.

2nd Slate
The poor carpenters have been working double time, and we STILL don't have enough beds. The migrant wave's size caught me by surprise, since the other 3 had only been 5 people each time. Ah well, we are now double the size, and progressing quite nicely. I made sure to thouroughly check all of their information in the Migrant wave Info Pad. None of them seem like vampires, but we will see.

5th Slate
I've been thinking. If elves don't like it when people destroy nature, why don't they just dig like us? It makes no sense whatsoever, even for elves. Now i am curious, I will probabaly have to ask the next elf that comes by before i kill him. OOOH i just realised i can tick something else of the list now.

TO-DO List:
« Last Edit: October 05, 2016, 09:52:45 am by TankKit »

TankKit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 05, 2016, 02:43:11 am »

So, could you tell me a proper step by step on how to take a screenshot? You didn't explain it very well.

TankKit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 05, 2016, 02:50:17 am »

And i also find step-by-steps easier to follow than long complex explanations

TankKit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 05, 2016, 09:47:33 am »

11th Slate
Today is the day of births. The cats, dogs, water buffalow, and rabbits ALL gave birth today. In other news, the construction of large stone stockpiles has begun underneath and that will probabaly be all that level is used for, until further notice.

16th Slate
Yesterday we started the engraving of the first bedroom section, and it is now done. For some reason there is alot of images about soap, which i don't even have. The sencond most common image is a square. Maybe the engravers like square soap?  I have absoloutly no clue why those are the two common images, but they are.

20th Slate
A kennel and animal training room has now been dug out. This allows number 8 on the list to happen, and means we can start training all our dogs. A dog millitia sounds quite good actually...

21st Slate
I have assigned myself to be the Commander of the Axes of Death, the new millitia. I know this potentially increases my chance to die by 10, but i need to stay in favour of my fellow dwarves. Currently the millitia is only me and Sarvesh, but all the other axe trained dwarves have important jobs.

27th Slate
As soon as I said the words ''We have enough beds now,'' there was an immediate rush to where the beds are. I can't say I blame them, they had been working non-stop since 25th Granite, I would of immediatly gone to bed to.

2nd Felsite
We badly need more miners, so i have ordered the production of 5 more copper picks, so that we can almost triple the amount of miners we have.

9th Felsite the Lever Control room is finished, which means we can finally start using some mechanics. I like mechanics, my father and mother were mechanics. Without mechanics everything would be much harder to do, including magma waterfalls and moats. Time to have some fun with mechanics  ;)

12th Felsite
Two gem stockpiles have been added. We really should of dug them out a long time ago, but i only just built a Jeweler's workshop,(and a clothier.)an hour ago, so i guess it is justified.

18th Felsite
Those picks i ordered to be made are now completed,which has caused our mining operations to increase by 150%, and the next stone storage is almost finished.

19th Felsite
I have manged to balance combat training with everything else quite nicely. In the morning I train, and after lunch I do all the important documents and boring stuff. In a way being the leader of something is boring, but i get to boss people around so i don't care.

28th Felsite
Fikod is acting weird today. Just now he threw Olin out of the Mason's workshop, and claimed it. I assume this is what a Fey Mood is, because he grabbed a stone and we can now hear him creating something.

Events of 6th Hematite
Suddenly, the noises from inside the workshop stop, and Fikod burts out
Fikod:''IT'S BEUTIFUL!''
Domas:''Uhh, it's a floodgate,''
Fikod:''STAY AWAY, THIS IS MINE,''
Domas:''. . .''
Fikod:''. . .''
Domas:*sigh*
Domas walks away, shaking her head muttering
Domas:''Some people...''

Pages: [1] 2 3