Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 9

Author Topic: Better Red than Dead OOC: The Barbellate Beginning - Party Congress Results  (Read 7388 times)

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
Re: Better Red than Dead OOC: The Barbellate Beginning - Party Congress
« Reply #75 on: October 09, 2016, 12:05:13 am »

But...But...Ration booklets...

Also, how much of Argyle's business network still exists?
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

flazeo25

• Bay Watcher
  • Nightmare Eater
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: October 09, 2016, 12:34:14 am »

Well we need a paper curency to trade with others and might aswell not become laughing stock or draw unwanted eyes from the world.

Knave

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: October 09, 2016, 11:59:26 am »

Just wanted to say I'm busy with (Canadian) thanksgiving stuff today, but will do my best to make a good IC post tomorrow!

Lots of good ideas going around. Might even try to distil everyone's expressed opinions so far.

SaberToothTiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Wannabe Shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: October 09, 2016, 03:07:20 pm »

But...But...Ration booklets...

Also, how much of Argyle's business network still exists?

You have your foreign contacts, but any rich people in the country aren't rich anymore or aren't people anymore. The assets you own might be nationalized soon, so you shouldn't count on that.
I gaze into its milky depths, searching the wheat and sugar for the meanings I can never find.
It's like tea leaf divination, but with cartoon leprechauns.
There are only two sure things in life: death and taxes and lists and poor arithmetic and overlong jokes and poor memory and probably a few more things.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: October 09, 2016, 03:09:31 pm »

On the flip side, you're probably going to be the one managing state commercial assets so you're getting more than you're losing.
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

stabbymcstabstab

• Bay Watcher
  • OW SNAP!
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: October 09, 2016, 03:22:11 pm »

Well before we go full commie right off the bat, do we even have a large enough industry to actually support ourselves? Besides we might what to slow reform into a total communist state over the course of years, mainly because I would love not to cause the korean war to take off in Nigeria instead since we don't have a China to flood the Anglo invasion force if we piss them off.
Long Live Arst- United Forenia!
"Wanna be a better liberal? Go get shot in the fuckin' face."
Contemplate why we have a sociopathic necrophiliac RAPIST sadomasochist bipolar monster in our ranks, also find some cheese.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: October 09, 2016, 03:28:36 pm »

I'm pretty sure they'll be more worried about korea first :P

stabbymcstabstab

• Bay Watcher
  • OW SNAP!
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: October 09, 2016, 03:42:17 pm »

Well a relief, but we should avoid anything that'll annoy the western allies right at the start, or prevent of from actually trade for stuff using currency.
Contemplate why we have a sociopathic necrophiliac RAPIST sadomasochist bipolar monster in our ranks, also find some cheese.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: October 09, 2016, 03:45:11 pm »

Honestly I doubt they could give a shit so long as they get their metals and such.

It's unlikely that there'd be much public backing to fight a war in africa, especially against an unsupported communist minor. I think we're at the point where we're below the attention of the western powers, especially with more pressing concerns elsewhere.

stabbymcstabstab

• Bay Watcher
  • OW SNAP!
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: October 09, 2016, 03:59:34 pm »

Still rather not risk it by charging in, especially since I don't have any sort of numbers on what are troops and equipments like to plan any sort of defensive, plus with the Fascist and UN back nations to the east and north we might be too busy to deal with any sort of british intervention if we start fucking with their citizenry. So maybe tax and tariff the everliving hell out of them so they leave that take over the abandon factories and farms when they're not their to complain.

SaberToothTiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Wannabe Shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: October 09, 2016, 04:32:13 pm »

By-the-by, here is a list of other wars going on at the time, where you could send your commando types.

Greece - Supporting communists in the Balkans could do much to counter western influence in the entire region.

You could send those troops to support either side in the civil war, either the Indonesians against the Dutch or the Madiun revolt (communists) against the government of Indonesia.

In 1948 various leftist rebellions in South Korea happened. They are most likely going to fail (certainly without your help), but weakening the Yankee supporters in there could have a significant impact on the Korean war.

The ageless classic. Arabs have the numbers on their side, but lack skilled commanders, and that's where you come in. If Israel is curbed in this war, then it will most likely never resurface, removing a western stronghold in the Middle East and a potential hazard. On the other hand, the French and the Yankees will be greatly annoyed by supporting the opposite side in the war. Besides, the Arabs have all the artillery, aircraft and other equipment, so how could they lose?.

If you like mild gains for little to no risk, send your revolutionaries to the very stable country called Burma Myanmar That South East Asian Country. On one hand, you stand to gain an ally in Asia quickly, on the other, you stand to lose that ally within the year if that government falls.

If you want to take revenge on the filthy Anglos who occupied your beautiful country lawlessly for all those years, look no further. The communist guerrilas seek to liberate the country from the post-colonial reactionary government backed by Anglos and their filthy Commonwealth. Freeing Malaya might just be the spark that detonates the British colonial empire.
« Last Edit: October 09, 2016, 06:13:59 pm by SaberToothTiger »
I gaze into its milky depths, searching the wheat and sugar for the meanings I can never find.
It's like tea leaf divination, but with cartoon leprechauns.
There are only two sure things in life: death and taxes and lists and poor arithmetic and overlong jokes and poor memory and probably a few more things.

flazeo25

• Bay Watcher
  • Nightmare Eater
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: October 09, 2016, 05:23:33 pm »

Supporting Israel seams like a no brainer as both Soviets and west did, unless our revolutionary could overcome the trouble with arab military problems and if we succeeded we be hated by the west.

For Greece supporting Democratic Army of Greece seems like a good idea since they be support by Yugoslavia and not Stalin and if we can win we can create a stable communism branch not under soviet union control, as well as decrease yankee ambitions in Balkans without pissing them off much.

As for who to help in Indonesians Republicans seem like best choice as communist are too weak there and Republicans are support by everyone except the Dutch.

We could also back he Viet Minh in the Indochina War as we receive benefits from communist China and other fellow communists but would mildly irritate the west.

Another good would be to support India in First Kashmir War against Pakistan as we could curry great respect from them as both former British colonies.

As for Korea I think best to stay out as its would lead to terrible result as for Malaya getting into that sounds rather fun as that will be good area to send mn off to garner experience.

stabbymcstabstab

• Bay Watcher
  • OW SNAP!
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: October 09, 2016, 06:34:04 pm »

I agree with that we should try and send a couple companies of troops to either Israel or India to help them of they allow, it'll help gain a friend and make the rat of the world more likely to support us since we've aren't a USSR puppet then.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: October 09, 2016, 06:37:59 pm »

Supporting israel wouldn't be a good idea given that our involvement there would be pretty... divisive. Actually, staying out of the middle east would be a pretty good idea in general. Far too much to be lost by getting embroiled in there and we won't gain much. On the other hand, taking out the western bulwark in the middle east would be a decisive blow against the imperialists, and solidify the Comintern's grip on the worlds oil supply. Lets see how the capitalist pig-dogs handle it when we have all the oil!

Greece is actually a pretty good idea, though we ought to stay out of asia. Again, far too troublesome for what we'd gain. That, and we'd just be replacing the soviet union with china in regards to the big communist honcho. Better to stay within Tito's branch really.

At any rate though, I'd more support keeping the guerillas at home; we can turn them into special forces with some training and a few kicks up the rear to install discipline.

S34N1C

• Bay Watcher
  • Joins too many games
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: October 09, 2016, 06:43:35 pm »

I'm going to have to drop out of this game. I'm not very good at this sort of game, so it's simpler for everyone if I'm not involved. If someone else wants to take my character, they're welcome to.
As always, life is brief and transient, your posting history lasts forever, so always prioritise forum games.

Glory to United Forenia!
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 9