Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 9

Author Topic: Better Red than Dead OOC: The Barbellate Beginning - Party Congress Results  (Read 7399 times)

Yourmaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Not the weirdest on Bay12!
    • View Profile
Re: Interest check for a country management game.
« Reply #15 on: October 03, 2016, 05:00:07 pm »

Africa sounds fun.
10/10.
Wants to rape and enslave my innocent night faeries ;-;

vishdafish

• Bay Watcher
  • Look at me grow.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 03, 2016, 05:00:21 pm »

Africa sounds fun.

Chiefwaffles

• Bay Watcher
  • I've been told that waffles are no longer funny.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 03, 2016, 05:01:34 pm »

My preference:
1. Europe
2. South America
3. Asia
Quote from: RAM
You should really look to the wilderness for your stealth ideas, it has been doing it much longer than you have after all. Take squids for example, that ink trick works pretty well, and in water too! So you just sneak into the dam upsteam, dump several megatons of distressed squid into it, then break the dam. Boom, you suddenly have enough water-proof stealth for a whole city!

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 03, 2016, 05:25:24 pm »

Africa, since no-one will really care much about what we're up to until we get ICBMs :P
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

S34N1C

• Bay Watcher
  • Joins too many games
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 03, 2016, 05:47:00 pm »

I'm interested.
So are we locked into being communist country or do we get to choose?
If locked communist we should choose either Europe or Asia for their proximity to Russia
If we can choose, I don't think it really matters
As always, life is brief and transient, your posting history lasts forever, so always prioritise forum games.

Glory to United Forenia!

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 03, 2016, 05:48:41 pm »

Just because we're communist doesn't mean we're aligned with the USSR.
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

Culise

• Bay Watcher
  • General Nuisance
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 03, 2016, 05:50:01 pm »

Africa, since no-one will really care much about what we're up to until we get ICBMs :P
By the same token, though, the CIA will love to just keep its hand in for the sake of keeping its hand in.  It's no Latin America where our first action would probably be to deal with an American-backed coup, but odds are good we'll end up with our own little FRELIMO, UNITA, EPRDF, Bush War, or Katanga.  So naturally, it's going to be my second vote, and that only because I want to see if we can go for either goulash or bunker Communism, both of which are European. :P

1. Europe
2. Africa
3. Asia

Weirdo

• Bay Watcher
  • The Best Digi-Tamer EVER!
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 03, 2016, 05:53:42 pm »

In Africa: Oh ho ho, this is a mess. The nation you will rule here will be hilariously unstable, with low starting population, but loads and loads of resources. You won't have time to align diplomatically, because the citizens of your artificial country will still feel Xhosa (for an example) rather than Maures. On the other hand, you have huge potential for growth, if you can survive the early years. Do you have what it takes to rule in Africa?
I'll just avoid making any divergent comments and state my vote for Africa. An interesting change of pace from the usual.
I came this far. Erase my scars.

With enough duct tape you could fix anything. In Mother Russia duct tape fixes YOU!
SHIT I LIKE
U rike poetry?
MUTANT CYBERPUNK GAME!!!

S34N1C

• Bay Watcher
  • Joins too many games
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 03, 2016, 05:54:29 pm »

Just because we're communist doesn't mean we're aligned with the USSR.

True, but it's probably a good thing to consider. Also, is there going to be a world war at some point?
As always, life is brief and transient, your posting history lasts forever, so always prioritise forum games.

Glory to United Forenia!

Knave

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 03, 2016, 06:28:25 pm »

1. Africa
2. South America
3. Europe

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 03, 2016, 10:21:50 pm »

Glory to Arstotzka?
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

SaberToothTiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Wannabe Shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 04, 2016, 05:04:18 am »

Outside of your actions, the world will be largely historical. If you create a crisis like Cuba did, then !!FUN!! might happen.

So are we locked into being communist country or do we get to choose?
If locked communist we should choose either Europe or Asia for their proximity to Russia

You are locked communist, but it is you, who interpret just how to implement it. Good old world revolution? Sure. A nation composing all of the world? You *won't* (most likely) achieve it, but it is quite a pleasant dream, and will get you Stalin's ideological support. Going for Chinese Communism, that is support government oriented free market, and become a powerhouse via factories? You got it. Going for a monarchy? Act like North ONLY KOREA.

1 Asia/Africa
1 Europe
3 Africa
1 Europe/SAmerica/Asia
1 Europe/Asia
1 Africa/SAmerica/Asia

3 votes for Europe.
5 votes for Africa.
4 votes for Asia.
2 votes for South America.
1 vote for Arstotzka.

For now, it seems africa is dominating the vote.
« Last Edit: October 04, 2016, 06:47:57 am by SaberToothTiger »
I gaze into its milky depths, searching the wheat and sugar for the meanings I can never find.
It's like tea leaf divination, but with cartoon leprechauns.
There are only two sure things in life: death and taxes and lists and poor arithmetic and overlong jokes and poor memory and probably a few more things.

SaberToothTiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Wannabe Shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 04, 2016, 08:02:45 am »

Legend:
A = Damagaram Republic.
B = Sokoto.
C = (former) Territory of Lagos and Kano.

If you vote for Africa, you will take control over the former territories of British Nigeria. In 1946, George VI supported the notion of turning British held dominions into sovereign states and members of the Commonwealth. The Parliament supported the notion, and withing the year decided to grant the Federation of Nigeria partial independence. The newly created country was poorly administered by governors backed with colonial troops, however, causing great resentment among the native populace. The precarious stability couldn't hold and in 1947 a native uprising led to a civil war. The British decided not to interfere due to Labour's Clement Attlee trying to pursue a non-interventionist policy in the Commonwealth.

In 1947 India and Pakistan were granted independence. In South Africa, Jan Smuts gets reelected, defeating Daniel Francois Malan and curbs hardline Afrikaneers proposing this system of segregation they called "Apartheid".

The war in Nigeria gained much international attention, and after a few months of fighting, three nations emerged out of the fire.

The smallest and weakest of the three was the Damagaram Republic, poised in the northeastmost territories of the former Federation of Nigeria (from now on abbreviated as FoN), claiming legitimacy as the successors to the Damagaram Sultanate of pre-colonial Africa. It's population largely Kanuri or Margi, it is a largely successful state, with a democratic (gasp!) government backed by the UN. It is the only country with significant foreign recognition.

The centrally placed country is the country of Sokoto. Dominated by a clique of Edo and Ijaw nationalists, it is a loosely held federation, tearing at the edges from oppression of it's non-accepted citizenry (about anyone who isn't Edo or Ijaw). It has a strong military, but it is by far the least stable of the Nigerian countries. A nudge here and there could destroy this federation and tear into smaller countries.

And then there are you. The yet-unnamed country (formerly known as Trust Territories of Kano and Lagos). With the unofficial capital of the state being Lagos, you claim to be the one and only successor state to FoN and you have month upon months of heavy fighting with Sokoto to show for it. With recognition only from South Africa, Pakistani and the Soviet Union, you are poised to fight for every inch of soil if you mean to free the proletariate from their bourgeiosie oppressors.

Are you ready to lead Nigeria towards a better future? Can you truly achieve the communist dream? Can you create a civilization that will weather the test of time?
I gaze into its milky depths, searching the wheat and sugar for the meanings I can never find.
There are only two sure things in life: death and taxes and lists and poor arithmetic and overlong jokes and poor memory and probably a few more things.

Imic

• Bay Watcher
  • Still sad
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: October 04, 2016, 08:18:52 am »

We have access to the sea so trade is possible, Fishing and whaling will also be an option.

We have forests, right?

A british colony... Any old defences there will be useful.

We'll be able to declare war and accidentally create an alternate timeline where Nigeria caused WWIII
Imic's no longer allowed to vote.
Quote from: smyttysmyth
Well aren't you cheery
Quote cabinet
Regrets every choice he made and makes, including writing this here.

SaberToothTiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Wannabe Shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: October 04, 2016, 08:30:05 am »

The country is mostly savannah, the only forests are in the far south and near Cameroon.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 9