Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 9

Author Topic: Better Red than Dead OOC: The Barbellate Beginning - Party Congress Results  (Read 7379 times)

SaberToothTiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Wannabe Shitposter
    • View Profile

This is the OOC thread for this game.

Turn One.

Playerlist:

Spoiler: Alester Akala - Knave (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Old OP. (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: October 13, 2016, 05:44:56 pm by SaberToothTiger »
I gaze into its milky depths, searching the wheat and sugar for the meanings I can never find.
It's like tea leaf divination, but with cartoon leprechauns.
There are only two sure things in life: death and taxes and lists and poor arithmetic and overlong jokes and poor memory and probably a few more things.

flazeo25

• Bay Watcher
  • Nightmare Eater
    • View Profile
Re: Interest check for a country management game.
« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2016, 12:17:17 pm »

Intrested.

Funk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2016, 01:06:13 pm »

Me to, lets see what happens to our mega projects.
Agree, plus that's about the LAST thing *I* want to see from this kind of game - author spending valuable development time on useless graphics.

Unofficial slogan of Bay 12 Games.  

Death to the false emperor a warhammer40k SG

Chiefwaffles

• Bay Watcher
  • I've been told that waffles are no longer funny.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 03, 2016, 01:13:45 pm »

I'd be interested probably.
Quote from: RAM
You should really look to the wilderness for your stealth ideas, it has been doing it much longer than you have after all. Take squids for example, that ink trick works pretty well, and in water too! So you just sneak into the dam upsteam, dump several megatons of distressed squid into it, then break the dam. Boom, you suddenly have enough water-proof stealth for a whole city!

Culise

• Bay Watcher
  • General Nuisance
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 03, 2016, 01:22:55 pm »

I may be interested, depending on how much time I end up having.  Let's goulash this.

TopHat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 03, 2016, 01:36:51 pm »

I'd also be interested.
I would ask why fire can burn two men to death without getting hot enough to burn a book, but then I read "INEXTINGUISHABLE RUNNING KAMIKAZE RADIOACTIVE FLAMING ZOMBIE" and realized that logic, reason, and physics are all occupied with crying in the corner right now.

Imic

• Bay Watcher
  • Still sad
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 03, 2016, 01:55:59 pm »

Seems good.
Imic's no longer allowed to vote.
Quote from: smyttysmyth
Well aren't you cheery
Quote cabinet
Regrets every choice he made and makes, including writing this here.

Knave

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 03, 2016, 02:00:12 pm »

Sounds like fun!

SaberToothTiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Wannabe Shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 03, 2016, 02:59:43 pm »

Okay. Now that we have more than enough interested parties, we can discuss the location of the player country. I propose Europe, somewhere in the Balkans (or not), but Asian countries are fine, American countries too.

Another question is whether do you want to be an island without land borders (ex. Cuba) or not?
I gaze into its milky depths, searching the wheat and sugar for the meanings I can never find.
There are only two sure things in life: death and taxes and lists and poor arithmetic and overlong jokes and poor memory and probably a few more things.

flazeo25

• Bay Watcher
  • Nightmare Eater
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 03, 2016, 03:32:27 pm »

Asian Island

Weirdo

• Bay Watcher
  • The Best Digi-Tamer EVER!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 03, 2016, 03:34:01 pm »

Let's go for something different. How about an island nation with an Asian theme?
I came this far. Erase my scars.

With enough duct tape you could fix anything. In Mother Russia duct tape fixes YOU!
SHIT I LIKE
U rike poetry?
MUTANT CYBERPUNK GAME!!!

Chiefwaffles

• Bay Watcher
  • I've been told that waffles are no longer funny.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 03, 2016, 03:43:51 pm »

Islands lack the fun borders though. You don't get to have border conflicts and a lot more stuff.

I mean, I'm not a big fan of an Asian nation either, but I definitely do not like the idea of an island one.
Quote from: RAM
You should really look to the wilderness for your stealth ideas, it has been doing it much longer than you have after all. Take squids for example, that ink trick works pretty well, and in water too! So you just sneak into the dam upsteam, dump several megatons of distressed squid into it, then break the dam. Boom, you suddenly have enough water-proof stealth for a whole city!

SaberToothTiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Wannabe Shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 03, 2016, 04:07:10 pm »

To help you guys choose, the differences between location is this:

In Europe: Close to the Soviet Union, which can be a good or bad thing, relatively high starting development, stronger communist tendencies but also higher push for reforms, a significant amount of resources. In Europe you will also immediately have to deal with influence wars between the Soviets and the Yanks. Less likely for a direct American intervention. Population will be highly politically conscious.

In Asia: High population, but there is little in the way of industry. A lot of resources, but usually hostile terrain, and most likely you will have to be decolonized. Later on, the area will turn into a tug of war between Soviets, Americans and at the end the Chinese.

In the Carribean: Little population, resources. Few neighbours. You will have time to develop, but you better get cosy with the Yankees or get protection from the Soviets, because if you don't, you will have superpowers jumping at your throat to replace you with puppet governments.

In Africa: Oh ho ho, this is a mess. The nation you will rule here will be hilariously unstable, with low starting population, but loads and loads of resources. You won't have time to align diplomatically, because the citizens of your artificial country will still feel Xhosa (for an example) rather than Maures. On the other hand, you have huge potential for growth, if you can survive the early years. Do you have what it takes to rule in Africa?

In South America: Low population and not too much resources. Pre existing rivalries with your neighbours will give you plenty of opportunity to practice diplomacy or war, and better get ready to fight off US-backed or Soviet coup attempts. If you manage to preserve your power, you will have plenty of opportunity to grow internally or expand by conquest.

In the Middle East: This is going to be awkward. Unless you have oil, your country will be poor, scarcely populated (except for fleas and camels) and undeveloped. Then you will have to deal with the Israeli, which can potentially end you if you don't play your cards right. The Soviets won't help you here, and you will need to hide behind your stronger neighbours to grow. And if you do have oil, it only makes it riskier, because from now on you will never know peace from foreign incursions. And also, disgusting borders.

flazeo25

• Bay Watcher
  • Nightmare Eater
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 03, 2016, 04:15:11 pm »

Either Asia or Africa sound like fun.
Nothing like good Junta or Dictatorship to try to get nukes.
« Last Edit: October 03, 2016, 04:21:50 pm by flazeo25 »

stabbymcstabstab

• Bay Watcher
  • OW SNAP!
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 03, 2016, 04:16:41 pm »

I say Europe much higher chance of causing ww3.
Long Live Arst- United Forenia!
"Wanna be a better liberal? Go get shot in the fuckin' face."
Contemplate why we have a sociopathic necrophiliac RAPIST sadomasochist bipolar monster in our ranks, also find some cheese.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 9