Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 12

Author Topic: The Pillared Garden: A Miracle of Rare Device  (Read 25555 times)

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
Re: The Pillared Garden: Banjaxed On The Big Water
« Reply #75 on: October 06, 2016, 06:48:46 am »

Use that silk rope that another member of the team made to tie the capsule to the frog's boat for towing. Tell Eccentrica what I'm doing so that she can communicate it to the frog people.

It's less of a silk rope and more of a mess of disorganized spider silk, but you see what you can do.

[Mind: 6]

And there turns out to be a bit you can do indeed as you slap one half of it on the hatch hinge, tying it several times around before stretching it over toward the frog boat, whereupon a few of the frog sailors lean forward more than a little menacingly as you approach the bow, backing off slightly as Eccentrica makes several "it's all right, he's cool" gyrations at them, then points at you. You stand there awkwardly for a few seconds as the Frog People watch with rapt attention. Eccentrica wiggles at you again at this point and, seeing no better idea, you wiggle back, making up for lack of professional training with sheer shininess. They don't quite clap approvingly, but, reassured as to your intentions, allow you to tie the other end of the messy strand around the bow, the resulting white snotty mess hanging unevenly between the two vessels, a few of the frogs plucking at it like a guitar string, perplexed about the material.

Eccentrica made several plaintive gestures towards the other members of the crew, particularly the one with the plasma machete. She was a look, but don't touch, kind of girl, and there was a fine line you had to walk in this game. Still, she'd definitely go with the big guy. It made things a lot easier to have the big boss eyeing you like that. Unless he had a wife. In which case it made things interesting.

Try to get the other members of the crew invited, or at least OK'd to bind the boats together, but go with the chief regardless.

[Finesse: 5+2]

You sit down with the largest Frog Person, who examines you with a great deal of curiosity, tapping one of your larger hairs with one of his fingers and making an intrigued noise as you shy away instinctively. Before they get too handsy, you decide to spotlight the other crew!

For instance, there's Bert doing a "come hither" gesture! The Frog People seem to like him well enough, you suppose, and invite him aboard with only a smidgen of hesitation. And there's Waffles, groaning as he lays halfway passed out on the side of the capsule, holding on so as to not slip off. A bit less impressive, you suppose.

In any case, one of the foremost Frog People decides to jump off, hopping onto the capsule and making it sway considerably as his weight lands on it, followed by another doing the same. They crawl around its surface, brushing their hands along the space age materials and emitting low croaks, then one of them moves to look inside the hatch.

Oh, and then there's the good doctor! She's, er, not doing anything in particular. Just doing her regular thousand yard eight eyed stare at the boat, wondering when they'll let her aboard. And Heehoo's being proactive - takes him a while to realize that he needs to wiggle too, mind you, but the frogs accept him as a particularly meager offering nevertheless, and allow him to tie the capsule to the boat.

Just relax for now. Go with the flow. All will be just fine.

You adhere insensibly to the side of the capsule, trying to not slip off into the water and die horribly or something. You hear funny croaking noises and a bustle on the high seas, and take careful note of the fact that the sun is looking very angry today and that the capsule's surface feels more and more like a frying pan the longer you lie upon it. Nevertheless, you resolve to be chill, and almost succeed before a set of croaks is followed by two sequential bumps on the capsule that almost send you skittering in a panic, the capsule swaying violently for a moment or two as you hug the reinforced metal surface for dear life.

Try to look nice or something. Play along with Eccentrica.

[Finesse: 6+1]

When Eccentrica points at you at one point during her ministrations, you make sure to take advantage and strike the most seductive pose you can - the frogs look you over suspiciously, but if they have indeed ever even seen a female Spider Person, they certainly wouldn't know how to tell one apart, and so they guess you're close enough to sit down next to one of the other frog sailors, who looks at you a little hesitantly and croaks at the others, who croak back in what you assume is slight laughter.

Stand around and watch how the other interact with the Frog People. If they get allowed aboard the Frog boat, follow them.

Rather well, as it turns out, with Eccentrica managing to get Bert a ticket on the one way express out of starvation on the high seas, and Heehoo managing to join the list of OK'd individuals by virtue of his wiggle (though clearly not impressive enough to join the main party on the boat itself), leaving you and the half-comatose Waffels still hanging around on the capsule, which now seems to be somewhat tied to the boat.

A couple Frog People hop on to either side of you, eager to get first pick of any loot as they survey the capsule's surface before moving to examine the inside. The others look in equal parts at them and you, wondering if you're going to do that funny wiggle dance as well.

Spoiler: GM Note (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: October 06, 2016, 06:51:50 am by Harry Baldman »

S34N1C

• Bay Watcher
  • Joins too many games
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: October 06, 2016, 07:13:46 am »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Not quite what I had in mind, but I'll take it.

Convince them to accept the other crew mates.
As always, life is brief and transient, your posting history lasts forever, so always prioritise forum games.

Glory to United Forenia!

ATHATH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: October 06, 2016, 12:15:40 pm »

Guys, I'd like to remind everybody that the frogs are about to discover a dead body in the capsule.

I retconned my profession, by the way. Is that ok?

Wait on the capsule and prepare to be towed.
« Last Edit: October 06, 2016, 12:17:33 pm by ATHATH »
Seriously, ATHATH, we need to have an intervention about your death mug problem.
*slow clap* Well ATHATH congratulations. You managed to give the MC a mental breakdown before we even finished the first arc.
I didn't even read it first, I just saw it was ATHATH and noped it. Now that I read it x3 to noping

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: October 06, 2016, 01:03:12 pm »

You can change your profession until you've actually used it, I'm tempted to rule it.

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: October 06, 2016, 04:19:54 pm »

Offer one of the important frogs four of my smoke grenades as a gift of peace (and for passage on the boat). If this doesn't get me a ticket on their boat with the rest of the team, attempt a seductive wiggle dance.

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably browsing tasteful erotic dolphin photos
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: October 06, 2016, 04:39:41 pm »

//I'm loving the fact that everyone is resorting to exotic dancing to solve their problems.

Fawn over the big frog for rescuing a poor lost innocent like me, but make occasionally small shimmies at the others in order to propagate a little uncertainty.

I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---
Q: "Do you have any idea what you're doing?"
A: "No, not particularly."

S34N1C

• Bay Watcher
  • Joins too many games
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: October 06, 2016, 04:45:19 pm »

//I'm loving the fact that everyone is resorting to exotic dancing to solve their problems.

Fawn over the big frog for rescuing a poor lost innocent like me, but make occasionally small shimmies at the others in order to propagate a little uncertainty.
Sigged
As always, life is brief and transient, your posting history lasts forever, so always prioritise forum games.

Glory to United Forenia!

AkumaKasai

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: October 07, 2016, 09:11:58 am »

Use gestures and shimmies to convince the frogs that I'm with the stripper-worm, and therefore they should let me aboard.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: October 07, 2016, 02:42:30 pm »

[Finesse: 11+4]

You lavish your premium attention upon the large Frog Person, who seems quite entranced by your sinuous motions and appreciative purring noises. He decides to croak to call the attention of the other crew, at which point they all look. And look. They look on for quite a while, actually, not that you mind the attention, almost hypnotized by your moves. Oh, they croak. Oh. It all makes sense to them now.

The large frog reclines as a proper space hero would, lording you over his fellows as they scramble to get some of their own, unwilling to assault the scene of you glorifying their superior officer for its sheer perfection alone, and seemingly unable to bear being alone in its presence.

Not quite what I had in mind, but I'll take it.

Convince them to accept the other crew mates.

[Finesse: 11+1]

You sidle up to the burly frog next to you and coo endearingly, throwing sidelong looks at your fellows as you wiggle your many shoulders at him. He looks on, his eyes unreadably bugged out, then he turns his head to Eccentrica and the biggest frog and the look on his large amphibian face. Something clicks in the Frog People as they regard her slavish fawning. Oh, they seem to all croak. Oh.

One of the frogs in front of you watches you with clever eyes. You're not the star of the show by any means, of course. But you're close enough to take an easy second place among the rest of these malcontents, and he reaches for you to surreptitiously get you to his side, but your very own chaperone turns at this exact time and croaks menacingly back, slapping away the impertinent hand, shuffling in the boat so as to loom over you all the more jealously.

The other frogs, seeing few alternatives as both you and Eccentrica make a compelling case for the charming qualities of people fallen from the sky, make haste to call dibs on the rest of your crewmates.

Use gestures and shimmies to convince the frogs that I'm with the stripper-worm, and therefore they should let me aboard.

[Body: 9+2]

You've barely gotten into a groove when one of the other frogs, distracted from the capsule hatch by the sudden reverent silence descending upon the frog boat, puts a resolute set of hands on your shoulders and croaks dibs. He tries to slightly rudely push you onto the ship, but you hold fast and give him a rather sinister eight-eyed look, at which point he softens visibly and, with a slight trembling in his rumbling voice, nods toward the boat a little more pleasantly while making reconciliatory gestures and explanatory sounds.

Guys, I'd like to remind everybody that the frogs are about to discover a dead body in the capsule.

Wait on the capsule and prepare to be towed.

[Body: 10-1]

You sit on the capsule as two friendless frogs bear down on it as they jump off the boat, making it sway even further. One of them goes for you with his grabby hands, cooing invitingly in imitation of Bert as he tries to secure you as his very own pet sky person. You politely edge away for a bit, the Frog Person beginning to make what sound like rather patronizing arguments for why you shouldn't be so terribly shy and come on over to papa already, another Frog Person about to approach you from the other side to secure you for himself in what looks like the makings of a potential tussle.

Offer one of the important frogs four of my smoke grenades as a gift of peace (and for passage on the boat). If this doesn't get me a ticket on their boat with the rest of the team, attempt a seductive wiggle dance.

[Finesse: 12+1]

Gwaagh, you say without real coherence as you get up unsteadily on your back legs, swaying on the capsule as visitors continue to arrive. Bwah, you continue, digging feverishly for the grenades in your suit, offering four on a silken string you fashioned as a necklace in a moment of weakness. The Frog Person by the hatch, thus far undistracted, raises his head to look over at you. Gwork, he says. Urk, you reply as you try to form words. There is a moment of understanding, and the Frog Person steps up to you with his ungainly, many-jointed feet, balancing on the side where you've stuck to well enough.

Kweh, you choke out, making a half-hearted wiggling motion as you offer the impromptu necklace of grenades, the strand sticky on your fingers, to the frog, motioning perhaps a little amorously toward the boat. He looks at the necklace. Gwaagh, he says admiringly, bwah-gwei, prying the grenades out of your grasp like so much messed-up chewing gum, and secreting them away on his person. He motions toward the boat with an appreciative urk, and upon seeing you can't really make the walk on your own, handily grabs and leads you over to his spot, laying you flat across the floor and letting you stare at the sky a bit, blissfully ignorant of the other happenings on-ship.

Lost 4 Smoke Grenades.
Gained dangerous understanding of Basic Frog Phrases.

S34N1C

• Bay Watcher
  • Joins too many games
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: October 07, 2016, 02:51:52 pm »

Bert is starting to get a little creeped out by the attention he's getting from the frogs. He makes sure to keep playing along though.

So, uh, what's the plan for when they figure out that we're not going to have sex with them? Notwithstanding Eccentrica of course.
« Last Edit: October 07, 2016, 07:34:13 pm by S34N1C »

Glory to United Forenia!

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: October 07, 2016, 03:39:16 pm »

((You know, I can't remember if you actually stated it at any one point, but what sort of shape are we? Like, is my character just an oversized spider, or some kind of humanoid with spider propreties, or what? I'm kind of curious because you wrote both "fingers" and "back legs", and I can't really form a coherent mental image.))

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: October 07, 2016, 03:48:55 pm »

((You know, I can't remember if you actually stated it at any one point, but what sort of shape are we? Like, is my character just an oversized spider, or some kind of humanoid with spider propreties, or what? I'm kind of curious because you wrote both "fingers" and "back legs", and I can't really form a coherent mental image.))

I'm not terribly sure myself. Feel free to pepper in interesting Spider Facts and memorable Spider Details if you feel like it, gives me more material to work with.

S34N1C

• Bay Watcher
  • Joins too many games
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: October 07, 2016, 04:23:07 pm »

I kind of imagine just a humanoid spider; upright, three sets of arms, one set of legs. I would assume we have fingers because otherwise we wouldn't be able to use guns.

Glory to United Forenia!

AkumaKasai

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: October 07, 2016, 07:32:04 pm »

Feign interest in the fine gentlefrog while I follow him onto the ship.

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: October 08, 2016, 02:23:36 pm »

This is fine, Waffles thinks. Laying there on the deck with two arms over his eyes to block out the sun and the other four sprawled out, he feels like things might not be so bad after all.

Enjoy the sun, let it warm my exhausted exoskeleton a bit and regain some strength.

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 12