Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Assymetric or Symmetric Updates? (Theoretical/Opinion poll - not acting immediately on results)

Assymetric (Small actions get responded to individually; large updates with mana income + large actions, etc.)
- 7 (87.5%)
Symmetric (Any and all actions are only responded to in large updates after everyone posts their action)
- 1 (12.5%)

Total Members Voted: 8

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5

Author Topic: Humble Gods [6/6] - U2.1: The First  (Read 5004 times)

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Humble Gods [4/5]
« Reply #15 on: October 02, 2016, 08:02:58 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

P.S.
* RAM Comes up with idea.
Name: [a series of random keystrokes, which changes every time that it is typed]
* RAM >_<
pick a different ream, since ATHATH's already picked Chaos.
* RAM >_<
Ehh, I am sort of more order from chaotic sources and prone to chaotic results than actually seeking to promote chaos for its own sake, but there is certainly overlap...

P.P.S.
the fourth one is Logistics Department.
You could consider adding links to your games in your signa- ABORT! ABORT!
Vote (1) for the Urist scale!
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Urist has been forced to use a friend as fertilizer lately.
Read the First Post!

Weirdo

• Bay Watcher
  • The Best Digi-Tamer EVER!
    • View Profile
Re: Humble Gods [5/5]
« Reply #16 on: October 02, 2016, 08:12:41 pm »

I came this far. Erase my scars.

With enough duct tape you could fix anything. In Mother Russia duct tape fixes YOU!
SHIT I LIKE
U rike poetry?
MUTANT CYBERPUNK GAME!!!

Chiefwaffles

• Bay Watcher
  • I've been told that waffles are no longer funny.
    • View Profile
Re: Humble Gods [5/5]
« Reply #17 on: October 02, 2016, 08:28:30 pm »

A university engineering department ... ubiously-connected networks across largely-incompatible systems
Setting hijacking is UNACCEPTABLE.
By "standard fantasy" I meant the medieval kind.

Looks great. Putting you in the waiting list.
Quote from: RAM
You should really look to the wilderness for your stealth ideas, it has been doing it much longer than you have after all. Take squids for example, that ink trick works pretty well, and in water too! So you just sneak into the dam upsteam, dump several megatons of distressed squid into it, then break the dam. Boom, you suddenly have enough water-proof stealth for a whole city!

ATHATH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 02, 2016, 08:30:56 pm »

P.S.
* RAM Comes up with idea.
Name: [a series of random keystrokes, which changes every time that it is typed]
* RAM >_<
pick a different ream, since ATHATH's already picked Chaos.
* RAM >_<
Ehh, I am sort of more order from chaotic sources and prone to chaotic results than actually seeking to promote chaos for its own sake, but there is certainly overlap...

P.P.S.
the fourth one is Logistics Department.
You could consider adding links to your games in your signa- ABORT! ABORT!
obohszolhbsjhlajshb...
[1d6:6]
... Thinks you're the best thing since sliced bread and wants to combine himself and you into a being that can rule over all forms of chaos.
[+1 to future random decision-making rolls pertaining to gfh, but things might get awkward in the future.]
Seriously, ATHATH, we need to have an intervention about your death mug problem.
*slow clap* Well ATHATH congratulations. You managed to give the MC a mental breakdown before we even finished the first arc.
I didn't even read it first, I just saw it was ATHATH and noped it. Now that I read it x3 to noping

Chiefwaffles

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Humble Gods [6/6]
« Reply #19 on: October 02, 2016, 08:33:33 pm »

Damnit. I can't count, apparently and thought I had reached 5 accepted people when I was actually at 6.
Well, I guess the limit's 6 now.
You should really look to the wilderness for your stealth ideas, it has been doing it much longer than you have after all. Take squids for example, that ink trick works pretty well, and in water too! So you just sneak into the dam upsteam, dump several megatons of distressed squid into it, then break the dam. Boom, you suddenly have enough water-proof stealth for a whole city!

Atian the Elephantman God

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 02, 2016, 08:50:22 pm »

Spoiler: Spoiler? (click to show/hide)

Chiefwaffles

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 02, 2016, 09:09:16 pm »

Waitlisted.

Waitlisted players will be entered in if:
A.) An existing player dies
B.) Players somehow invoke creation of a new god ingame
C.) I decide to based on how much effort it takes to run the game with existing number of players

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 02, 2016, 09:26:06 pm »

Edited!

P.S.
 Full disclosure, I have never actually participated in a disastrous university engineering department, so I am working entirely off-of insulting community-based slurs and stereotypes...
« Last Edit: October 03, 2016, 12:24:13 am by RAM »
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Read the First Post!

Weirdo

• Bay Watcher
  • The Best Digi-Tamer EVER!
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 02, 2016, 09:29:24 pm »

Waitlisted.

Waitlisted players will be entered in if:
A.) An existing player dies
B.) Players somehow invoke creation of a new god ingame
C.) I decide to based on how much effort it takes to run the game with existing number of players
Fair. Don't exert yourself.
I came this far. Erase my scars.

With enough duct tape you could fix anything. In Mother Russia duct tape fixes YOU!
SHIT I LIKE
U rike poetry?
MUTANT CYBERPUNK GAME!!!

Chiefwaffles

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 02, 2016, 09:36:14 pm »

RAM, should have mentioned this earlier but could you simplify your realm a bit? That's a bit too broad. I think I get the general idea, but just 1-3 words to describe it would be nice.
Either way, I've waitlisted you.

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 03, 2016, 12:26:36 am »

Modified.

Party in the waitlist! Bring a plate of meme. I have made some dogecookies with real doge flecks!
Read the First Post!

Chiefwaffles

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 03, 2016, 04:11:10 pm »

Because I am an incredibly impatient person, I'll start the game without Felissan later today if they haven't created their sheet by then. They'll still be in the game, they'll just start one turn late.

Chiefwaffles

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Humble Gods [6/6] - U1: Sparks
« Reply #27 on: October 03, 2016, 06:25:44 pm »

In the heights of the Aether, six sparks emerged. Unable to support themselves, they fall to the mortal world below. Each one is drawn to something - their calling. The sparks naturally aren't able to do much and are weak and pitiful. But even a single casual follower can set them on the path to becoming a true god.

Tyr Loknar
Divine Mana: 10/10 mu

Suspicion and desperation. That's what drew Tyr Loknar to this place. A small castle lies here, surrounded by assorted abodes and buildings. Inside this castle is a chamber. It's not the grandest one by far, but it belongs to the king's brother, Barith. This is the source of the two emotions that could be seen from the heavens.

Tyr Loknar, lacking the omnipresence of a stronger being, rests unseen in the room. Barith stands against the wall farthest from the door. The king is slowly approaching them. From what little Tyr can see into the king's mind, he does not truly know of his wife's affair with Barith. But he suspects it. He suspects it as he stands accusing his brother of sleeping with the king's wife. Barith is desperate; he's pleading to the heavens for help.

Rouragan

A mother stands grieving at the shore, watching the waves carry the debris of her former village. All that she knew is gone. Her child is gone. Behind her stands the ruins of a village that was thriving just two days ago. No one remains but her.
As she grieves and mourns, asking the gods why this happened to her, Rouragan's spark descends to a hovering spot in the air above her.

RNG
((To match you up with the others, I changed your calling a bit.))

Near the outskirts of a small village, there's a single hut. It's a small hut, with no distinctive features. A man lives in it. He works as a laborer on another person's farm in exchange for food. He doesn't have a wife or children or hobby, he just has his routine.
There's a reason RNG floated down to this particular spot. The man is bored. He wants something different.

Polaris

Outside the edges of some human kingdom is a place where the doomed inhabit.
The doomed are simply the slaves. Captured in one of their slavers' many raids and forced to work for them. The slavers' race didn't matter. Sometimes it was humans, sometimes goblins, sometimes orcs, sometimes dwarfs, and sometimes one of the more rare ones. But their goals remained the same. Live a merry life on the backs of the slaves!
The slaves, of course, suffered.

One of these camps has a woman slaving away in a coal mine as per usual. Surrounded by other slaves and the slave drivers. The unusual aspect of this is the woman's inner mind. Her desire for freedom.
Her desire for happiness.

Cazartanzatreenkaquint
((I should have pointed it out breforehand, but your calling wasn't particularly specific, so I may have accidentally shoehorned your opportunity to not align with your planned ethics. It's not like there's only one opportunity to get a follower, though.))

A man trudges his feet through the hot desert sand, forcibly pulled by his captors. Caz is drawn to this particular small prison transport for a reason. They're headed to a nearby town by an oasis. Where the prisoner will be held for trial and eventually executed for his crimes against the kingdom. The specific crimes do not matter. The prisoner simply wants freedom, uncaring about the lives of his fellow prisoners or captors. The guards want justice, especially if that means the execution of those guilty.
There's an opportunity here for Caz.

[Fellisan]
There should be another newborn deity descending, but for whatever reason only the five have appeared at this moment.

Players:
Spoiler: S34N1C - Tyr Loknar (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Roboson - Rouragan (click to show/hide)
Felissan - Sheet not submitted
Spoiler: ATHATH - RNG (click to show/hide)

Divine Mana: How it works
Unfortunately the game is too freeform to simply assign mana costs to types of actions, but it should be easy to guess. The 10 mana you all start off with is actually an extremely tiny amount - capacity grows as you progress.

When you hit 0 mana, you become dormant. Until you get mana from some non-godly source (it can be done indirectly, though), you remain inactive. Somehow go into the negatives, and you're dead. I won't perform any actions that take enough mana to put someone's mana below zero. They can continue if they wish though.

And once again, mana costs: It's mostly just "GM decides", but simple manipulation (such as divinely moving an object) costs 1 mana and talking to a single nonbeliever costs 1 mana. It rises fairly exponentially from there.

Mana recovers fairly fast from the usual sources, but if you're feeling iffy about the cost of an action, feel free to PM me.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: October 03, 2016, 06:37:25 pm »

<Be not afraid.

Speak not, for they may hear you.

I hear you.

You still hope for freedom.

If that is within my power to grant, I shall.

I am Polaris, but a new-hatched godling.  I cannot work grand miracles.  Yet all the same I cannot, will not, leave you.

Will you be of my people?  If you are saved, will you commit to saving others?

I need not an answer for the second now, yet must have for the first, for it strains me to speak to those who are not of mine.>
« Last Edit: October 03, 2016, 10:40:46 pm by TheBiggerFish »
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

S34N1C

• Bay Watcher
  • Joins too many games
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: October 03, 2016, 06:38:40 pm »

Hmmm. . . What a conundrum. . .

Encourage both brothers to continue on their actions. The king will investigate and the the brother will continue to conceal it.
As always, life is brief and transient, your posting history lasts forever, so always prioritise forum games.

Glory to United Forenia!
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5