Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Assymetric or Symmetric Updates? (Theoretical/Opinion poll - not acting immediately on results)

Assymetric (Small actions get responded to individually; large updates with mana income + large actions, etc.)
- 7 (87.5%)
Symmetric (Any and all actions are only responded to in large updates after everyone posts their action)
- 1 (12.5%)

Total Members Voted: 8

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5

Author Topic: Humble Gods [6/6] - U2.1: The First  (Read 4999 times)

Chiefwaffles

• Bay Watcher
  • I've been told that waffles are no longer funny.
    • View Profile
Humble Gods [6/6] - U2.1: The First
« on: October 02, 2016, 03:37:39 pm »

DISCLAIMER: This is a very casual god game that doesn't really fall under the regular genre of pantheon-based god games in FG&R. It's not a pioneer by any means - I just want to prevent any disappointment by people wanting a new god game of the same style as the more "build-a-world"-type ones.

Do you know about that myth? Where gods are created through the true need of a people? Well, it's only partially true. Really, a god is created by pure chance. When aspects in the heavens interfere in just the right way, a god is created. Sure, new gods are drawn towards where they are most needed, but the creation of a god is mere coincidence. Sometimes, multiple gods can be created in the same period of time, and very rarely, a plethora of new gods are unleashed into the heavens and the earth below. An event of this magnitude will almost always signal the start of a new era.

Explanation
Godly Beginnings is a casual 5-player god game. The gameplay is mostly inspired by that of "You are a New God" (though I can't even hope to replicate that FG's sheer quality). By that I mean the players start off weak, with a limited scope. They have the goal of gathering more followers and more prayers for divine mana. Divine Mana is the only "currency" in this FG, and is used for just about everything that one would want to do.
More followers means more prayers means more mana means more power and scope.

The setting is fairly standard fantasy. Remember: This is a simple game. It's not "do whatever you want" simple, but you're not going to be getting in-depth conflicts and characters. I may accept more or less than 5 (+/- 1), but 5 is about what I'm going for. Once again: Simple game where you start off very weak.

God Creation Sheet
Code: [Select]
Name: (Your god's name. Can be as complex or as simple as you want.)
Realm: (Your god's realm - what aspect of nature you control. Can be just about anything you think of, as long as it's not too broad or specific)
Calling: (Your god's calling - where you were 'drawn to' after creation. Basically what your starting group of followers is and why their need for a god summoned you. Can be changed by GM to fit game)

Spoiler: GM Notes (click to show/hide)

Players:
Spoiler: S34N1C - Tyr Loknar (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Roboson - Rouragan (click to show/hide)
Felissan - Sheet not submitted
Spoiler: ATHATH - RNG (click to show/hide)

Waiting List
Spoiler: Weirdo - Zenkai (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: RAM - Gohgahf (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: October 06, 2016, 09:46:00 pm by Chiefwaffles »
Quote from: RAM
You should really look to the wilderness for your stealth ideas, it has been doing it much longer than you have after all. Take squids for example, that ink trick works pretty well, and in water too! So you just sneak into the dam upsteam, dump several megatons of distressed squid into it, then break the dam. Boom, you suddenly have enough water-proof stealth for a whole city!

S34N1C

• Bay Watcher
  • Joins too many games
    • View Profile
Re: Humble Gods [0/5]
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2016, 04:14:41 pm »

Name: Tyr Loknar
Realm: Secrets, the unknown
Calling: His flock are both those who keep secrets and those who wish to bring them to light. He was created when the kings brother had an affair with the queen(that it, his need to keep it secret), and by the kings suspicion.

I'm in Enemy Stars, Independent Scientist, and now this one. What's the fourth game?
As always, life is brief and transient, your posting history lasts forever, so always prioritise forum games.

Glory to United Forenia!

Roboson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2016, 04:28:48 pm »

Name: Rouragan
Realm: Coral Reefs / Oceans
Calling: A storm which devastated the coastline and small villages upon it. 
« Last Edit: October 02, 2016, 06:29:37 pm by Roboson »

Felissan

• Bay Watcher
  • Hopefully not killing this game too
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 02, 2016, 04:30:15 pm »

Quote from: xkcd
I always figured you should never bring a gun to a gun fight because then you'll be part of a gun fight.

ATHATH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 02, 2016, 04:37:13 pm »

Name: [a series of random keystrokes, which changes every time that it is typed]
Realm: Chaos, Randomness
Calling: A small, unsuspecting village, ripe for the changing...
Seriously, ATHATH, we need to have an intervention about your death mug problem.
*slow clap* Well ATHATH congratulations. You managed to give the MC a mental breakdown before we even finished the first arc.
I didn't even read it first, I just saw it was ATHATH and noped it. Now that I read it x3 to noping

Chiefwaffles

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Humble Gods [2/5]
« Reply #5 on: October 02, 2016, 05:41:10 pm »

Name: Roboson (if using forum names in unacceptable, Moreau is my go to god name)
Realm: Coral Reefs / Oceans
Calling: Roboson's followers are people who depend upon the bounty of the oceans or who live in coastal areas.
Calling needs to be something more specific - it's a specific event surrounding a relatively small group of people. Essentially, what person or smallish group had the greatest need for a god when they were created? The need doesn't have to be explicit though - a person/group can need something without knowing or requesting it.
Players are newly created gods who don't have a following yet. You can have the current calling as just a general personal goal, but you're not starting off with any followers immediately.

And regarding the name: I do slightly prefer a more "god-like" name, but your forum name is fine if you want it.

Name: [a series of random keystrokes, which changes every time that it is typed]
Realm: Chaos, Randomness
Calling: A small, unsuspecting village, ripe for the changing...
A definite name would be nice, since it can be a bit annoying when reading/writing updates determining where you are or what you're doing. If you really want to keep the name, I can survive, but if it's not something you're really devoted to...
The calling could also be a bit more specific (why this particular village?), but once again, it's still relatively fine if you don't want to add anything.

But other than that, you're good.

Name: Tyr Loknar
Realm: Secrets, the unknown
Calling: His flock are both those who keep secrets and those who wish to bring them to light. He was created when the kings brother had an affair with the queen(that it, his need to keep it secret), and by the kings suspicion.

I'm in Enemy Stars, Independent Scientist, and now this one. What's the fourth game?
All good. And the fourth one is Logistics Department.

So that's two in for sure - with one (Roboson) probably in and another one coming. If anyone wants still wants to join after 5 others have submitted their sheet, feel free to. Just in case I decide to have another slot or if I want to introduce another player into the game at some point.
You should really look to the wilderness for your stealth ideas, it has been doing it much longer than you have after all. Take squids for example, that ink trick works pretty well, and in water too! So you just sneak into the dam upsteam, dump several megatons of distressed squid into it, then break the dam. Boom, you suddenly have enough water-proof stealth for a whole city!

S34N1C

• Bay Watcher
  • Joins too many games
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 02, 2016, 06:01:00 pm »

Ah. How could I forget Logistics Department? I like all of your games, so I'm sure this one will be no exception.
As always, life is brief and transient, your posting history lasts forever, so always prioritise forum games.

Glory to United Forenia!

Roboson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 02, 2016, 06:30:12 pm »

Hey I edited me entry. Let me know if I need to change anything.

ATHATH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 02, 2016, 07:06:47 pm »

I could have a second name of "RNG", if you like.

I chose which innocent village to visit randomly, of course.
Seriously, ATHATH, we need to have an intervention about your death mug problem.
*slow clap* Well ATHATH congratulations. You managed to give the MC a mental breakdown before we even finished the first arc.
I didn't even read it first, I just saw it was ATHATH and noped it. Now that I read it x3 to noping

Chiefwaffles

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Humble Gods [3/5]
« Reply #9 on: October 02, 2016, 07:12:36 pm »

That's a good enough excuse considering your realm, I suppose.
As for the name, "RNG" is fine. Of course, the more god-like the better, but in the end it's just a name.

And that's great, Roboson.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 02, 2016, 07:17:48 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
  • I didn't start the fire...Just added the gasoline!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 02, 2016, 07:28:20 pm »

Quote from: MonkeyMarkMario, 2023
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.

Chiefwaffles

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Humble Gods [4/5]
« Reply #12 on: October 02, 2016, 07:33:10 pm »

Great.

I would appreciate it if you could pick a different realm, since ATHATH's already picked Chaos. But perhaps if ATHATH is explicitly okay with another Chaos god. But I would appreciate more variety.
And are you okay with that calling? I need to interpret it to actually write out your starting situation. And the only (starting) follows will be regular mortals.
« Last Edit: October 03, 2016, 03:45:09 pm by Chiefwaffles »

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
  • I didn't start the fire...Just added the gasoline!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 02, 2016, 07:48:49 pm »

Spoiler: Changed (click to show/hide)
Quote from: MonkeyMarkMario, 2023
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.

Chiefwaffles

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Humble Gods [4/5]
« Reply #14 on: October 02, 2016, 07:52:18 pm »

Perfect. Thanks.
Okay, that's the end of all definite acceptances. Feel free to still submit a sheet to be put in a waiting list.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5