Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: misko27 has no questions.  (Read 5513 times)

Catmeat

• Bay Watcher
  • 50/50 cat pork burger wth sweet lime sauce is best
    • View Profile
Re: misko27 has no questions.
« Reply #30 on: October 12, 2016, 10:40:46 pm »

We are trying to be supportive.
How about forget about this girl you have a crush on.
Trust your gut, so anytime you see someone that may be flirting with you, staring, laughing at the sillest of your jokes and other really obvious stuff. Ask them out.
You sound like a romantic and I would date you at the very least! You are a cool guy who knows when to ask for help, we know you arnt a sociopath!
Ask her out, literaly say the word DATE to her face and if she doesnt want to, you have your answer and can forget about her.
In my experience with girls becoming buddys before making your agenda clear can get you friendzoned, guys are the opposite, I can chat up a guy in a friendly nature and more often than not hes open for more (my experience).

When you do ask her out though you need to make yourself clear, when/if she asks what you are going to do together say something like "I want to get to know you more, you interest me"
After that your intentions will be very clear and its up to her to decide.
Paired with the 'manipulation' tech you may get a good result.
But if you dont feel like manipulation is moraly correct then dont.

Much love
Puns are social lubricant.
Too much and you lose sensation

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: October 13, 2016, 09:13:54 am »

*sigh*

This did not go well, did it.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: October 13, 2016, 07:10:48 pm »

-snip-

Woah there, buddy.

I don't think you're a manipulative person, and never meant to imply that. In response to Insanegame27, I was saying that Self Improvement is actually a viable tactic to use, if you'd prefer to avoid manipulation. Which, as I now understand, you would! Also, I'm just listing out things anyone could work on; everyone's got them figured out to different degrees, regardless of age or experience. Everyone always has room for improvement in all these regards. They're all skills that can be learned, or improved if you've already gotten an understanding of them.

Highlighting "Uninterested" wasn't meant to rag on you either. I'm just saying, that as much as you're looking for someone who's interesting and attractive to you, you've got to be a person who's interesting and attractive to others. That means different things to different people (everyone has different things they're into in another person). I was saying some of the things I worked at, which helped me when I was in the same sort of spot that you are.

Maybe give it a re-read in that light?

P.S. Non-serious dating isn't a bad idea, if you're comfortable with it. It can be a good place to learn and grow with someone else, even if you still feel like a WIP (ProTip: Everyone is a Work In Progress, ideally until the day they die. Anyone who tells you different lacks self-awareness). Still, building yourself into a person You can love is maybe the first step in finding a meaningful connection, or a healthy long-term relationship. If you're feeling like you've got important work you want to do on building yourself into such a person... don't let the process daunt you. You got this.
« Last Edit: October 13, 2016, 07:17:27 pm by Solifuge »
Pages: 1 2 [3]