Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Bullets  (Read 546 times)

Sponge

• Bay Watcher
  • I like wearing shoes on both of my feet.
    • View Profile
Bullets
« on: October 01, 2016, 09:14:52 pm »

Is there a way to add special properties to guns or bullets. Maybe a way for a gun to shoot multiple bullets at 1 time or, what I want to do, to make bullets burst into flames mid-air. I want to make a weapon that shoots fire in short bursts, most likely by making bullets combust soon after their fired.
I like wearing shoes on both of my feet.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
Re: Bullets
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2016, 08:42:56 am »

Only with dfhack.

In theory you can make them out of a material that has a syndrome, the material melts on body temperature, and if a "bullet gets stuck" in an enemy, it melts and affects him with the syndrome.

No way for a gun to shoot multiple bullets, sadly.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Sponge

• Bay Watcher
  • I like wearing shoes on both of my feet.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2016, 11:03:36 am »

Only with dfhack.

In theory you can make them out of a material that has a syndrome, the material melts on body temperature, and if a "bullet gets stuck" in an enemy, it melts and affects him with the syndrome.

No way for a gun to shoot multiple bullets, sadly.
So, the underlined part can only be done with DFhack? That's a shame.
I like wearing shoes on both of my feet.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #3 on: October 02, 2016, 06:28:32 pm »

No, that part you can do without dfhack.

With dfhack you can make a lot more. projectile-trigger allows command over any script upon impact of a bullet, for example.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::