Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Dwarven Children - Do you put them to work?  (Read 1157 times)

Slappy Moose

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Dwarven Children - Do you put them to work?
« Reply #15 on: June 09, 2008, 06:21:00 pm »

How exactly do you make children work?

Give peasants jobs or something?

Zaneg Thazor: Armok Reincarnate Story http://www.bay12games.com/forum/index.php?topic=19291.msg196691#msg196691

[Healthcare Update Thread] Personally, I can't wait for doctors to get possessed and start surgically attaching axes to champion soldier's arms.

ShadowDragon8685

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 09, 2008, 06:43:00 pm »

They have an entry of their own (Child) in Dwarf Foreman. Just assign them jobs.

The catch of course is that all your kids will be doing all the jobs, but that's fine in my opinion.

[edit]

Also, if you really, REALLY must assign a specific task to a specific child, you can edit a child's profession name the same way you can any dwarf's, and that'll give them a custom entry in Dwarf Foreman as well.

[ June 09, 2008: Message edited by: ShadowDragon8685 ]

corc

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 09, 2008, 11:38:00 pm »

My current fort has 32 children... all legendary siege operators since I use them to collect all my stone... plus half of them are legendary engravers since I needed to engrave all the walls/floors I just dug out. :P

Slappy Moose

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 09, 2008, 11:58:00 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by ShadowDragon8685:
<STRONG>They have an entry of their own (Child) in Dwarf Foreman. Just assign them jobs.
</STRONG>

Oh, I didn't see that because my new fort has no children...
Thanks!

Zaneg Thazor: Armok Reincarnate Story http://www.bay12games.com/forum/index.php?topic=19291.msg196691#msg196691

[Healthcare Update Thread] Personally, I can't wait for doctors to get possessed and start surgically attaching axes to champion soldier's arms.
Pages: 1 [2]