Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

There is no poll right now.

I want to push a button anyways.
- 4 (40%)
I want to push a button too, but the other one is too mainstream.
- 6 (60%)

Total Members Voted: 10

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 9

Author Topic: Cosmic Crossroads - SubStandard Employment(Turn 10)  (Read 15206 times)

S34N1C

• Bay Watcher
  • Joins too many games
    • View Profile
Re: Trans-Dimensional RTD - No Violence Today
« Reply #45 on: October 03, 2016, 10:10:37 pm »

"Pleased to meet you Turner, Jessa, Skins. Perhaps you could tell us what this place is?"

Get in the pod racer with turner. If full, get in whatever vehicle is available.
As always, life is brief and transient, your posting history lasts forever, so always prioritise forum games.

Glory to United Forenia!

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
  • Not to be confused with infinity
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: October 04, 2016, 12:11:37 am »

Nivian turned her attention to the podracers, taking the opportunity to enter one and look nonchalant. In actuality, she would record the actions of the driver and the layout of the controls, trying to learn how to drive one.
Have I now become your enemy by telling you the truth? (Gal 4:16)

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: October 04, 2016, 12:27:43 am »

"That's a weird looking horse.  Still, a ride's a ride."

Hop onto the robo-horse.
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

helmacon

• Bay Watcher
  • Just a smol Angel
    • View Profile
Re: Trans-Dimensional RTD - Whats an RTD without Gratuitous Violence?
« Reply #48 on: October 04, 2016, 02:33:30 pm »

Update

"Going with y'all sure beats walking in the desert. I'm in."

Ride in the pod racer.

"Pleased to meet you Turner, Jessa, Skins. Perhaps you could tell us what this place is?"

Get in the pod racer with turner. If full, get in whatever vehicle is available.

Luckey and antonio hop in the pod racer with Turner. Nivian looks a little displeased.

"That's a weird looking horse.  Still, a ride's a ride."

Hop onto the robo-horse.

A man wearing a cowboy hat is riding the robo horse. Stuart is sitting behind him.

Nivian turned her attention to the podracers, taking the opportunity to enter one and look nonchalant. In actuality, she would record the actions of the driver and the layout of the controls, trying to learn how to drive one.

The pod racer is full, so you are forced to take the land ship. (1+1) You try to figure out how the landship is piloted, but can't make any sense of it. It has a sail, but that dosent seem to affect the propulsion at all. It dosent even have a wheel like a normal ship does. The crew all seems busy, but you have no idea what they are doing. You get the sense that the crew are purposely obscuring thier actions to you. Despite this, you get some sense of it's motion. You don't know how to control it, but you do understand how it is responding to the controls.

-snip-

Keep being weird, and follow the group if we were to fast-travel somewhere.

You hop on the sandworm sled with skins, since you have an ongoing conversation. He seems content to talk to you.
"My people are old. In spirit and body. Amongst us, new minds are common, but new bodies are rare. The most elder among us would hold legions. Their power and wisdom could transcend mortal limits. I have been alone since I came to this place. The others were driven from this form by some unknown force. It is an unheard of thing for my kind. To be alone in our form." there is a touch of sadness to his voice as he says this.

Encounter Roll (5)
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

You ride around with the crew for a few hours as they check other claims. A pile of ominous looking canisters are collected at one. They take piles of broken computers and odd glowing rocks at another. Most of it is put in the land ship, but some goes on the sled. You notice that they never leave anything behind. "It's so no one can tell that it's a spout if they pass by" Turner says when you ask him. "That's what we call em. Spouts."

At long last, you begin to head back to the camp. The "sun" is low in the sky, and shadows are beginning to stretch themselves out. The crew which at first was wary of your presence has began to relax around you.

Suddenly the dune next to the land ship explodes, and a variety of crafts covered in rusted iron fly out towards the convoy. They are obviously built for speed, and are faster than the crafts in your group. "Feral Raiders!" Someone crys. Men in metal plate ride these craft, and they carry machetes and firearms. One of the enemy craft pulls up even with the land ship a man leaps on board. Before the others can follow suit though, the dune buggy slams into its side, knocking one of the raiders down under the wheels. DA DA DA DA DA DA DA DA DAT. The 50 cal rips through the rest of the craft, and bodies and wreckage go tumbling backwards into the sand, quickly left behind.
The man on the robo horse turns to Stuart. "take the reins" he says, pressing them into your hand before leaping onto one of the smaller enemy craft, a revolver in his hand.
Turner is piloting the pod racer with one hand, and holds his pistol in the other. "There's a gun under the thing there, keep em off us, this craft can't take a hit." he calls to his passenger. Sure enough, there's a winchester rifle strapped under a big blue flashy thing. ((There is one gun, and two of you. If you both go for it, I roll reflex to see who gets it.))
Skins pulls his sled alongside the landship. "Sorry to leave you so soon, my friend" he says. He hitches the body of the sled to the back of the land ship, and climbs onto the worm. The glow from his eyes has began to spread in cracks out over his body. He seems to work in perfect unison with the worm, moving with uncanny grace. This is especially impressive because he is also riding a freaking sand worm!
Nivian stares at the man on board the land ship. He wields a gleaming machete with leather gloved hands. The sharpened metal in contrast to the rust of his armor. Jessa is cowering behind some boxes with a handgun, obviously terrified and out of her element. "Deal with him!" The other man yells to you. "I have to keep the ship running."

The desert rings with the sound of gunfire and screams.

To recap, the enemy has 6 cars, and 13 men. One of these men is onboard the land ship dueling Nivian. Na Shugereth is in the sled attached to the back of the Land ship. Steuart is riding the Robo horse, armed with his crystal glove. Antonio and Luckey are in the back of the pod racer, with one rifle between them. Jessa is on the land ship. Skins is worm - surfing, and Turner is piloting the Pod - racer. The 50 cal is still functional. You have 13 people, including you guys, and 5 craft.

Spoiler: Luckey (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Na Shugareth (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Stuart Nix (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Nivian (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Antonio (click to show/hide)

((will put up poll for new name as soon as I can figure out how to add a poll))
Science is Meta gaming IRL. Humans are cheating fucks.

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: October 04, 2016, 03:10:09 pm »

You hop on the sandworm sled with skins, since you have an ongoing conversation. He seems content to talk to you.
"My people are old. In spirit and body. Amongst us, new minds are common, but new bodies are rare. The most elder among us would hold legions. Their power and wisdom could transcend mortal limits. I have been alone since I came to this place. The others were driven from this form by some unknown force. It is an unheard of thing for my kind. To be alone in our form." there is a touch of sadness to his voice as he says this.

-

"Sorry to leave you so soon, my friend" he says.
As Skins left to drive the worm, Na Shugareth had another moment of pondering.
"Friend ? Curious, very curious. So this being sees me as a "friend"... Interesting, very interesting. It would be a shame if he died before I could learn more."

He looked at the chaos around. So much agitation, the rush of survival, the excitation of fighting.
"Marvelous..."

Na Shugareth attempts to enter the landship, aiming to reach the driver.
If any hostile is encountered before, attempt to send them overboard.
If driver is reached, feel the echoes and analyze the situation to suggest the best escape route to the driver.

S34N1C

• Bay Watcher
  • Joins too many games
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: October 04, 2016, 03:18:37 pm »

Antonio decides to leave the rifle to Lucky, as the guns he is familiar with are muzzle-loader type guns.

"Turner, get us closer!"

Antonio will try to jump onto one of the enemy vehicles and attack those onboard.

« Last Edit: October 05, 2016, 08:47:11 am by S34N1C »
As always, life is brief and transient, your posting history lasts forever, so always prioritise forum games.

Glory to United Forenia!

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: October 04, 2016, 03:45:27 pm »

"Aw hell. Other guy, how's your aim? Mine isn't exactly great."

If Antonio won't take the rifle, then I'll use it and hope I get a lucky shot in. Don't fire if our new friends get in my line of fire, though.
« Last Edit: October 04, 2016, 11:11:39 pm by Beirus »
Because everything is Megaman when you have an arm cannon.

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: October 04, 2016, 11:06:11 pm »

"Come here you'se sons of bitches!"

Ride close to one of the Feral Raiders, leap off, and Superman Punch the bastard.
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: October 05, 2016, 01:41:45 am »

Wha-what? A duel you say?

Nivian takes note of the glowing machete. A crude weapon, for sure. She reaches into her cloak and pulls out a gleaming weapon of her own: Excalibur, and wields it in a guard position.
"Yieldst thy arms forthwith, and ye shall suffer no harm! If thou wouldst swear no harm to this vessel and her crew, we shall release ye and pardone thy offenses."

Use reach + lightweight mobility to my advantage and start off defensive.
« Last Edit: October 05, 2016, 04:17:40 am by _DivideByZero_ »

helmacon

• Bay Watcher
  • Just a smol Angel
    • View Profile
Re: Trans-Dimensional RTD - "Blood" hath been spilt.
« Reply #54 on: October 06, 2016, 12:38:31 am »

Update 5, in which some people are Bad-Ass, and others are not.

Na Shugareth attempts to enter the landship, aiming to reach the driver.
If any hostile is encountered before, attempt to send them overboard.
If driver is reached, feel the echoes and analyze the situation to suggest the best escape route to the driver.

(2)

You attempt to climb into the land-ship, but everything is moving at speed. The ship hits a bump as you are climbing in and you fall face first onto the deck. As for escape routs, the convoy is heading back to the scavengers settlement. Once you get past the watch towers you will be safe. The convoy has left the dunes behind, and is in the middle of an open and rocky desert. The settlement is a distant smudge on the horizon.

Antonio decides to leave the rifle to Lucky, as the guns he is familiar with are muzzle-loader type guns.

"Turner, get us closer!"
Antonio will try to jump onto one of the enemy vehicles and attack those onboard.
[glow=orange]"Turner, get us closer!"[/glow] You yell. "Aw hell, didn't I just tell you that we need to keep em off us?" But he swings the pod-racer up close to one of the bigger ships anyways. This one is more of an armored personal carrier than a speedster. One of the sides is removed and two of the raiders are taking shots at you from inside.
(6 + 2 vs 1) (+2 unnecessary) with an incredibly acrobatic leap you launch yourself onto the raider nearest the back, and your hidden blade springs out burying itself in his neck as you do so. The man stumbles backwards clutching at his neck and making a gurgling sound, and then he steps off the side of the craft and is lost to the desert below. (5 vs 1) FSSHHT! A brilliant red beam cuts through the raider in front of you, leaving a gory dripping hole. The man stares down in disbelief before collapsing without a sound. It's probably because he dosent have lungs anymore. You look over to see Turner grinning at you, his modified flintlock bellowing steam. "Hot Damn Son! We tore them sons-a-bitches apart!"

[glow=green]"Aw hell. Other guy, how's your aim? Mine isn't exactly great."[/glow]
If Antonio won't take the rifle, then I'll use it and hope I get a lucky shot in. Don't fire if our new friends get in my line of fire, though.

Antonio is too busy being a bad-ass to use the gun, so you take it and try to keep the enemy off of you. (5 vs 4) Holy shit. You peg the driver of the APC in his side. He is not quite dead, but he probably will be soon. He is trying to keep the APC straight. He is the only one left on board. "Get the wheel!" You yell to Antonio.

"Come here you'se sons of bitches!"

Ride close to one of the Feral Raiders, leap off, and Superman Punch the bastard.

You spur the robo-horse on, and pull even with an enemy craft. (1 + 1) You try to take a flying leap and pulverize the enemy, but you feet catch on the stirrups and you end up awkwardly falling over instead. Thanks to your quick reflexes, you catch hold of the enemy craft, but now your straddled between the horse and thier car. The raiders are too busy laughing to have shot you yet. Count your blessings.

Wha-what? A duel you say?

Nivian takes note of the glowing machete. A crude weapon, for sure. She reaches into her cloak and pulls out a gleaming weapon of her own: Excalibur, and wields it in a guard position.
"Yieldst thy arms forthwith, and ye shall suffer no harm! If thou wouldst swear no harm to this vessel and her crew, we shall release ye and pardone thy offenses."

Use reach + lightweight mobility to my advantage and start off defensive.
A duel. Yes. The humans do something like this quite often, by what your records state. You materialize your sword out of nanites, and the man watches, and then smiles at you. It is a kind gesture if your records are right. You feel lucky to have such a chivalrous opponent for your first duel. What an opportunity this is! what an experience in human culture! You take a defensive stance. "Yieldst thy arms forthwith, and ye shall suffer no harm! If thou wouldst swear no harm to this vessel and her crew, we shall release ye and pardone thy offenses." He does not do as you ask.
( 3+1 vs 5 )
The raider rushes forward, and your weapons meet in a clash of metal and sparking electricity. The mans leather gloves protect him from being electrocuted. You are fast, but the other man is clearly a master of his craft. He shifts his momentum to the side and slips right through your guard. He brings the machete back around in a low arc, and lodges it in your side. You have no internal organs to be damaged, but the force of the blow sends a spray of nanites flying out of range of your resonator, and they fall to the ground lifeless. The sudden loss of a part of your virtual cores sends you into a spasm, and you fall backwards onto the deck barely able to keep your form. In the background, Na shugereth flops onto the deck like a limp fish.

(5) Pa-TAT! Pa-TAT! Jessa fires her handgun into the raider from across the deck. He stumbles a bit, but is still standing. He is bleeding profusely. Jessa looks horrified.

The battle rages through the rest of the convoy as well. (1 + 1 vs 6 ) Skins is clinging to the side of an enemy craft and bleeding a lot. His sand-worm is dead. (1 vs 1) The man with the cowboy hat is distracted by Stuart trying to abandon his horse. Fortunately, the raider he is fighting is just as distracted laughing a Stewart. Five of the raiders are climbing onto the far side of the land ship. (3) DA DA DA DA DA DA DAT! Two of the raiders are climbing up the far side of the land ship. The guy at the 50 cal. looks smug. ( 6 vs 5 ) for general battle roles. The convoy crew is fighting well and inflicting casualties, but they are too aggressive. The raiders have stronger armor and faster cars, and they isolate and eliminate individuals with a practiced efficiency.

4 other raiders vs 3 other crew.
1 raider casualties 2 crew casualties.

13 - (2 killed by turner and Antonio) - (3 killed by 50 cal.) (-1 general) = 7 raiders. (One wounded on land-ship, 1 wounded in ACP) (2 others on board the land ship)

13 - (2 general)  = 11 crew. (skins is wounded and isolated.) (Lucky and Turner are in the pod racer) (Antonio is on the APC) (Nivian and Na Shugerath are on the land-ship with Jessa) (Stuart is hanging off of his horse)

Spoiler: Luckey (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Na Shugareth (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Stuart Nix (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Nivian (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Antonio (click to show/hide)

((OK. Whew. That got messy really fast. I'm pretty sure I kept track of everything though. If your wondering about rolls, acrobatics uses the reflex attribute, as do firearms when used at short range. Were you to use an automatic weapon, strength would also play a role to deal with the recoil. Here's a friendly tip from the GM. Your 50 cal. has been tearing these guys up and put you in the lead, but remember, your ranked dead even with these guys for a reason.))

((Oh, right. Update was late tonight because I had to work after I finished classes today. I work again on Friday and Saturday, so updates may slow again on said days.))
« Last Edit: October 06, 2016, 12:53:43 am by helmacon »

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: October 06, 2016, 12:40:41 am »

Pull myself up and beat the crap out of these raiders.
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: October 06, 2016, 12:44:14 am »

Setting a poll is an option on he bottom right of the page, next to reply, print and such :)

helmacon

• Bay Watcher
  • Just a smol Angel
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: October 06, 2016, 12:52:27 am »

Setting a poll is an option on he bottom right of the page, next to reply, print and such :)
Much thanks, Poll is added.

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: October 06, 2016, 03:45:09 am »

(I took this as a fantastic opportunity to learn archaic English grammar and brush up on some history :P)

"What a petulous fool."
Nivian limps in a bizzare sort of hover-walk. Her feet are absolutely not in sync with the ground as it moves by. Unfamiliar with the death throes of mortal men, she approaches the dying enemy general and trains her sword at his neck.

"I give thee one last chance: arrest thy troops, and thou shalt past into the arms of heaven as a newborn child of God,"

Lecture the captain while he bleeds to death, then execute him in a flashy manner as to demolish enemy morale.

...unless he accepts with his last breath. That works too.

((Quick question, will I be able to regenerate nanites or do I just regain them slowly? The original character design didn't regenerate, but she was in a soft-scifi verse where these things were pretty easy to manufacture. If you don't want to spoil things, that's fine too.))
« Last Edit: October 06, 2016, 03:51:52 pm by _DivideByZero_ »

S34N1C

• Bay Watcher
  • Joins too many games
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: October 06, 2016, 07:27:06 am »

If the driver isn't dead enough yet, rectify that. Then attempt to gain control of the vehicle.

"How do you drive this thing?!?!?"

Glory to United Forenia!
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 9