Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 59 60 [61] 62 63 ... 71

Author Topic: Small Mercies (OOC) | Mercenary Menageries in Space (6/[6]) [WARNING: TEXT]  (Read 107005 times)

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile

4/6 Segments written... Have to go debug someone's GA because it was written by an Italian Llama. Updoot tonight?
Updoot your night! :D
* Tiruin prepares the panic popcorn.

I'm really excited to wrap this prologue up! Hopefully nobody will die for emphasis and we get to kick the bad dude ALA [awesome prologue feelings], and then somehow that bad dude is still alive. \o/

Like rainbow wobbly taffy, still stretching and wobbling in space. :-X They- I'm very sure they didn't have time to pick up Ka-T.
Unless there's something like phase jump teleporter tech or whatever. :I That's gonna be nasty.

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably browsing tasteful erotic dolphin photos
    • View Profile

Night Updooted, and with time to spare! (in my timezone)

I'm really excited to wrap this prologue up!

So am I! Then we get to move on and use our first waitlister!
I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---
Q: "Do you have any idea what you're doing?"
A: "No, not particularly."

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Night Updooted, and with time to spare! (in my timezone)

I'm really excited to wrap this prologue up!

So am I! Then we get to move on and use our first waitlister!
.___.
*reads IC*

._______.
Varky is super pragmatist it seems. Not the empathic type. And called Sadish, Radish.

At least Boris is now open to interrogation stuffs, meaning we're going to stall for cutscene talks :D (and seriously my arms are too busy. Or paws. I only have two arms on my tech harness and this is my priority to be fixed soon. Alongside probably getting a better hospitality robot or drone for boarders, because I still have no idea on the situation in the hangar and Mickaw's second)

More lights went red on Kesari's console, in addition to the steadily pulsing ones that told her the Nosoi had a target lock. The Nosoi was attempting open a bore to a point in space very close to the Reunion, and coincidentally directly between the Reunion and the inbound shuttles. The Reunion had interdiction, but it was basically a large version of Aubrey's personal design. It wasn't milspec, and while it was slowing the Nosoi's bore, it wasn't stopping it.
CALLED IT. RAMMING SPEED. PANIC TIME.
It's gonna latch onto us like a LEECH and then we'll either be boarded or...we'll be boarded because I don't expect being gassed by lethal diseases due to the nature of our ship being protected by a labyrinth of redundancies, and that this will only happen if they get in our living quarters which is actually a literal dome of life--all connected with each other, but buried within. Only weakness is through the hangar.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
This described a feeling I had that I couldn't configure the right way, possibly also because of my responsibilities currently [eg Don't panic, don't get ship blown up, don't get anyone else blown up]. :P
Yay insight!

Edit3 : Oh goodness the Sled is commandeered by someone who I don't want to frighten or panic. My heartstrings are pulled verily by this one. x_x And silly wording aside, I'm at least glad this is happening because no matter what happens, they're in a hardened drop pod trying to get back home. Totally better than that other shuttle.

Draig: anyway I can spread interdiction or otherwise from being scanned to other ships? Don't want that deathwasp targeting anything and stuff.
Also I believe you had a lot of fun with Boris' tinkerings? :P

But important stuff first: Did I make that cat pilot cry? D:
« Last Edit: May 08, 2017, 11:00:16 pm by Tiruin »

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile

Could we set the freighter to blow up before it reaches the Reunion? Would it damage the Nosoi? And did we find any escape pods to get out of there...?

Can Boris breathe in space?

Is Katuauean being called The Testament?

DH, what was the plan again?

ps I knew I should have seen to my wing first. Oops.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile

The pilot's probably having a great time. It's her passengers who are crying. :P

Yeah this... "worries" probably isn't the right word, but I'm inclined to be slightly intimidated by anything whose title or rank is Testament.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Could we set the freighter to blow up before it reaches the Reunion? Would it damage the Nosoi? And did we find any escape pods to get out of there...?

DH, what was the plan again?

ps I knew I should have seen to my wing first. Oops.

Er, probably not long enough to be any use.

He'll be the testament to our heroics and triumph. Ssh.

Let's interrogate this fellow for a moment. Can you block his communications, or anything? I'm thinking 1. Is Ka onboard? 2. Are there escape pods onboard? 3. How many guards onboard? 4. Fastest way to the reactor/engines? might be useful. We should take this guy with us so we can quiz him about their evil plan and whatnot.

Have any other useful questions in mind? We'll have to expect he might be lying his ass off, but maybe, for once, we've got someone genuinely scared of dying and willing to cooperate.

Plan, with knowledge, is to go in and sabotage the ship, then return to the freighter and fly it out with the deathship crippled. Escape pods also an option for exit. The simplest option is for Boris to try putting these explosives inside their ship instead and rigging a detonator.

This would all need to happen pretty fast. Err.

Why does no-one understand my diagrams? They're perfectly simple. You'll have to take a course in Boris Logic when all this is done. Also no-one will know how to run the ship so don't let me die okay
Russia is simply taking an anti-Fascist stance against European Nazi products, they should be applauded. ¡No parmesan!

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile

Their comms are blocked! I think we are completely isolated for the moment.

Seems like good questions, can't think of anything more useful.

Oh - shall we kill the other one? Er, or, of course something less Evil?

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Their comms are blocked! I think we are completely isolated for the moment.

Seems like good questions, can't think of anything more useful.

Oh - shall we kill the other one? Er, or, of course something less Evil?
I broke my IC bubble to correct my post upon seeing that here, then reading up what happened there, then OH MY GOODNESS, LETTER Y.

WELL.
What would I do if I was multitasking between several panicky and composed pilots, an advancing ship in less than fifteen minutes (I'm giving it 10), and PRESUMING THAT THE HANGAR SITUATION IS OOKAY, because it should be :I

Well. Time to reorient ship to Varky visits. At least I can send Sadish's drone to...uh, greet! With a preprogrammed nudge, most likely!

I'm so sorry Dwarmin if I'm going to root around Sadish's data in the ship PC u_u I need a viable greeting so that KILLER VARKY won't KILLY OUR SHIP.

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Probably on both counts, as long as the Nosoi does not disengage.

Not any better than most humans. I think of his suit like a more human shaped version of Ripley's exo from Alien.

The pilot's probably having a great time. It's her passengers who are crying. :P

Indeed. Crying and vomiting. Don't forget the vomiting.
« Last Edit: May 09, 2017, 09:34:58 am by Draignean »
I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile

Hmm yes I thought his suit was probably like that. Oh well, I had a cunning plan.

Also, did you miss a question?

Also, I bet her passengers are crying and vomiting and their clothes are flying off because of the g forces!

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I absolutely did not. I also did not add random whitespace to the end of my post either. Whoever heard of such a thing!
---

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Not any better than most humans. I think of his suit like a more human shaped version of Ripley's exo from Alien.

More scrappy, more enclosing, more literally-built-into-his-bones, but I suppose that works. But yeah, no survival in vacuum was intended, at least not without extra bits and pieces.
Russia is simply taking an anti-Fascist stance against European Nazi products, they should be applauded. ¡No parmesan!

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile

I'm so sorry Dwarmin if I'm going to root around Sadish's data in the ship PC u_u I need a viable greeting so that KILLER VARKY won't KILLY OUR SHIP.

I should have totally made a hologram of myself that could take part in your amazing adventures!

Now back to our regularly scheduled Sadish programming, "Mercenary Medbay In Space". In this episode, she doesn't understand anything.
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile

Right DH, so shall we just interrogate him before progressing?

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Yes indeed. Ideally we'll take these two captive (or just one of them!) so we can interrogate them further on the ship. Assuming they don't dissolve into apocalyptic pathogens of biological horror when we turn our backs, or something.
Pages: 1 ... 59 60 [61] 62 63 ... 71