Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 57 58 [59] 60 61 ... 71

Author Topic: Small Mercies (OOC) | Mercenary Menageries in Space (6/[6]) [WARNING: TEXT]  (Read 107016 times)

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Is there any chance you could change Cass' dialogue color, Draig? It's utterly unreadable on the regular forum layout and copypasting them elsewhere is a bit frustrating on mobile.

As lovely as this game is, I ain't changing layouts for it. Certainly not since I've kept this on since, err, 2009.
Russia is simply taking an anti-Fascist stance against European Nazi products, they should be applauded. ˇNo parmesan!

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably browsing tasteful erotic dolphin photos
    • View Profile

Wait... wait... you... don't use darkling? HEATHEN!

Alright, didn't change the color, but... how's that?

EDIT: I just turned on the standard theme. Christ I'm blind now. Everything is so briiiight. Aimasc and Sadish are absolutely unreadable. How can you live like this?!
« Last Edit: April 25, 2017, 05:38:53 pm by Draignean »
I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---
Q: "Do you have any idea what you're doing?"
A: "No, not particularly."

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

EDIT: I just turned on the standard theme. Christ I'm blind now. Everything is so briiiight. Aimasc and Sadish are absolutely unreadable. How can you live like this?!

To be brutally honest, I didn't want to hear the usual Darkling snobbery, jokingly or not, so I've not made a fuss. Only Cass is entirely unreadable, the rest are like... half-readable, and so good enough. Err.
Russia is simply taking an anti-Fascist stance against European Nazi products, they should be applauded. ˇNo parmesan!

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile

And/or his folks are all grumpy and 'YAY NEW LEADERSHIP' since he was just the 'hand'.
This would be really nice thought if it didn't imply Ka-T wasn't special enough to be important. :o

Highlighting!

I tried Darkling and it didn't click for some reason. I forget what that reason was.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably browsing tasteful erotic dolphin photos
    • View Profile

To be brutally honest, I didn't want to hear the usual Darkling snobbery, jokingly or not, so I've not made a fuss. Only Cass is entirely unreadable, the rest are like... half-readable, and so good enough. Err.

Ah, sorry. I use it since I'm on a lot at night, and it's a lot easier on the eyes after dark. Let me know if you want me to swap colors around more. I would like the players to be able to read the game.
I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---
Q: "Do you have any idea what you're doing?"
A: "No, not particularly."

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
  • A knight, returned from a journey weary and long
    • View Profile
    • Patreon

Screaming?
Mostly the situation Scarlet is in and the sensation of viable options that don't result in maiming slipping through my fingers

also i did not even think about the fact that her system would atrophy, shit. Though a normal immune response might have screwed her over even harder.
GM of Trespassers V2.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Screaming?
Mostly the situation Scarlet is in and the sensation of viable options that don't result in maiming slipping through my fingers

also i did not even think about the fact that her system would atrophy, shit. Though a normal immune response might have screwed her over even harder.

Don't worry. We can rebuild you.  Faster, stronger, smarter, encaged within an unfeeling metal shell, every day growing more estranged from your past humanity (neonity?). You'll learn to love... uhh, like... err, to surrender and accept it.

Ah, sorry. I use it since I'm on a lot at night, and it's a lot easier on the eyes after dark. Let me know if you want me to swap colors around more. I would like the players to be able to read the game.

Will do. I like the regular theme because dark colors, a dark room, etc. just make me tired and are, in some ways, feel for my eyes than the bright ones.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile

Screaming?

Don't worry. We can rebuild you.  Faster, stronger, smarter, encaged within an unfeeling metal shell, every day growing more estranged from your past humanity (neonity?). You'll learn to love... uhh, like... err, to surrender and accept it.
Was it Scarlet that had an ability to map her surroundings and glean info passively? Learning from Varky's ship will help us a TON :3
Especially if it's something he doesn't know because of the whole 'grumpy kill you all' bounty hunter mentality he has.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile

I honestly can't remember if I ever made lore of where I got the Senolight puzzle box beforehand. I write so much. :P
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I honestly can't remember if I ever made lore of where I got the Senolight puzzle box beforehand. I write so much. :P

You basically are your character. That's an impressive level of dedication.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

You basically are your character. That's an impressive level of dedication.
Yep! This is PROBABLY THE WORST TIME Sadish could've gone poof.

I'm going to activate all Sadish scanners or whichever personal locators she has because Kesari is forgetful :V
. . .And pretty lonely.

Added an action in! :D

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
  • A knight, returned from a journey weary and long
    • View Profile
    • Patreon

so is there anything I can actually do at this point other than accept the proposed treatment and pray that Scarlet doesn't receive critical brain damage from it?
GM of Trespassers V2.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

so is there anything I can actually do at this point other than accept the proposed treatment and pray that Scarlet doesn't receive critical brain damage from it?
The suggestion I mentioned :) Also, you can interface with Cass and gain information on technological development for use later on--everyone may have their downtimes, I assume, but there's nothing that we can't always be active in.

You can even make willpower actions, because they do work--creativity maybe? :D Scarlet can still communicate, so that's also a niche she can undertake while Khate is busied by someone who knows her and her family .-.;

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile

Sorry for not posting an action in time... Can we assume Aubrey followed Boris along?

edit:
DH – what do you want to do? We need to have an escape, ideally. We need to stop the piggybacking ship from attacking the Reunion, ideally. A bonus would be preventing the destruction of the freighter, as they are evidently concerned about it providing some kind of evidence.

The first step is probably busting in and killing these two people? Then gaining access to the badbad ship, possibly after interrogating the badly injured two people as to numbers of crew. And then… doing something?

Boris could potentially primitively sabotage the ship whilst Aubrey remotely disarms the freighter. Or, Boris could use his massive holy presence/strength to stand guard whilst Aubrey hacks the ship and then if time the freighter.

If Aubrey was on her own, her ideal solution would be to hack the freighter or badbad ship so that they can’t detach from each other, and the block the disarming sequence so it can’t be stopped, and then flee on an escape pod, and then the Reunion engages the badbad ship to keep it busy until Aubrey flies away out of range of… BOOOOOOOM!

All sneakily done and no violence required...

« Last Edit: April 26, 2017, 06:47:13 am by lawastooshort »

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Sorry for not posting an action in time... Can we assume Aubrey followed Boris along?

edit:
DH – what do you want to do? We need to have an escape, ideally. We need to stop the piggybacking ship from attacking the Reunion, ideally. A bonus would be preventing the destruction of the freighter, as they are evidently concerned about it providing some kind of evidence.
I suggest a tactical path--part of why I shotgun-actioned was my worry and unfamiliarity with Draignean and his timing of turns/actions/plot/time, but a bit more familiarity and I can say that you're all clear here.

And interrogating those dudes can help too--you can ask me to splice if possible, because I can still reach you via signal. I could even try an action to boost whatever your electronics does, I think!

Or, you can try taking solid evidence of this whole thing and maybe getting out using the way those folks got into there and...something something 'killed a heavy creature' and 'evidence clearance'. Whatever is up, I do believe there's something automated about the PD system given that its a freighter. :P

"Clearly we must leave this ship, or disarm it. If we disarmed it and flew it back to the Reunion we might discover some interesting evidence. Or get shot on the way back."
Guess it didn't occur to Aubrey that Kari won't blow the ship up unless it really has to involve a big painful weapon.

I'm expecting 'that ship has a bomb in it and it'll ram into our hulk of a ship', but of course that's going to take a TON OF TIME given how space is. I'm expecting a bore, but given our carrier subsystem, and me betting that Ka-T's ship, while having Alpha-level mercs, is pretty OP to have Alpha-level ship whatevers. I mean I can believe weapons in the Alpha scale, but goodness if it's a full all-rounder for such a tiny ship!

I wonder if those dudes are actually friendlies in a way, not the people Ka-T knows and such. Just bop them out of commission or lay them queries, la/DH! :D We're ALL literally counting on you guys, because I really cannot jump without anyone else on board.
Because it just has to be this scenario. :P

The Reunion - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Ka-T/Frieghter ships - - Shuttle/Sled - - - - - - - - - - - - - Flounder
(probably on the edge of the system)
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - The Goat Planet [and - until end]

What's bugging me is if anyone will target the shuttle/sled. :X I SO do not want that to happen.
« Last Edit: April 26, 2017, 07:08:30 am by Tiruin »
Pages: 1 ... 57 58 [59] 60 61 ... 71