Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 56 57 [58] 59 60 ... 71

Author Topic: Small Mercies (OOC) | Mercenary Menageries in Space (6/[6]) [WARNING: TEXT]  (Read 106970 times)

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile

Yes. I have to think of some tech mastery things to do...

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile

Right. DH, we have to think hard.

We are on this ship. That is bad.

The ship attached to this ship might destroy our homeship, although we don't actually know that ourselves yet. The first part is bad.

We want to mess up the ship attached to the ship we are on. For lolz, but also to prevent the above, which we don't know about yet.

Also: We want to not die. On reflection, this is quite important.

If we detach this ship, someone is bound to notice, and try to murder us. This would be bad.

So. I think we have two options. 1/ Hope that Katueananan is not on board, and try to take control of his ship. 2/ Bet or discover that he is in fact on board, and hope to find an escape pod or shuttle to get the hell out. Possibly setting off a self destruct mechanism on the way, why not, or some other kind of sabotage.

1/ relies on our being able to take down <25 minions +/- Katueananeee himself.
2/ relies on there actually being a means of escape.

We have no control over either, which I don't like.

So. Perhaps we can somehow scan the freighter's systems so we can see if there is a means of escape, then we can find out if we actually have a choice.

Perhaps I am missing something, either obvious or not?

PS: remember when you did that witchhunting in revolutionary France game? It was shortlived, but I liked it. Hopefully this will not be similar.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile

I say you take the ship, but, and I'm sure this is coincidental, I once tried to take control of an airship, died, and careened it into a larger airship. In that order.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I say you take the ship, but, and I'm sure this is coincidental, I once tried to take control of an airship, died, and careened it into a larger airship. In that order.

You also proved, then, that the most outrageous and impossible plans always succeed. Until they don't, but at least they fail in style. That's really all a man can ask for.

PS: remember when you did that witchhunting in revolutionary France game? It was shortlived, but I liked it. Hopefully this will not be similar.

In, err, what sense? Ka turns out to be a werewolf on top of everything?

I don't think we need to necessarily find an escape pod or shuttle. We just get in, sabotage Ka's ship... err... somehow... so it can't reduce everyone to little bits and pieces floating in space with its OP weaponry, after which return to the freighter, detach and use it to escape. They can't murder us if we've done our sabotage.

Err. I guess we need to get into Ka's ship to start with and see what we can work with. No solving the situation like this. We might be lucky and find it practically deserted. I'll get a post up soonish.
Russia is simply taking an anti-Fascist stance against European Nazi products, they should be applauded. ¡No parmesan!

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile

Yes. That was option 1.25 - we feck up his ship, and then somehow leave.

We need Kesari to tell us that he has weapons lock on the Reunion, and then IC it will be obvious what we have to do i.e. feck his ship up.

Also, no - no werewolves. Shortlived involvement from us, is what I meant, I think ;)

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Fear not. We will live forever, shiny and chrome small and merciful. It'll take something bigger than a mere biological abomination of staggering power and murderousness to stop us. I will believe in our success so much even the dice must submit to it.
Russia is simply taking an anti-Fascist stance against European Nazi products, they should be applauded. ¡No parmesan!

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile

Umm, freighter ship peoples, I'd really suggest y'all to interfere with the defenses because I'd bet that if I went all 'DEFEND SHOOT EVERYTHING', it'll be a lot less efficient than my adrenaline implies. :P

Make that a first priority, alongside getting better weapons lying around.

...I've no idea how to save y'all other than probably C&C Electronic Warfare bombarding the freighter.
And how can I explain this to Mickaw's men?! I'm the oNLY ONE ON BOARD NOW.
But they don't know that ._.
I can't even touch Sadish D:

We need Kesari to tell us that he has weapons lock on the Reunion, and then IC it will be obvious what we have to do i.e. feck his ship up.
I love you and you sticking to your bits. ♥
I know about the weapon lock. c: I do NOT know that you're both on the ship though. I can infer you mean the freighter given what you said.

Now where's that cloaked ship?! I do not want the shuttles (ironically, our Drop pod sled, and Boris' shuttle) getting popped in space. I:

Edit: I TOTALLY misread that. Sorry la ._. I parsed it differently. You are totally correct, thank you.
I'm just all panicky because I've no idea what to do.
...I do have an idea what to do but given that this is literally, probably, my FIRST TIME IN A D&D-esque RPG game, have me flailing around because I lack experience--as a GM too! :-\
in which I reference my old game again

Stories please? c:
« Last Edit: April 22, 2017, 11:21:48 pm by Tiruin »

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile

Now where's that cloaked ship?! I do not want the shuttles (ironically, our Drop pod sled, and Boris' shuttle) getting popped in space. I:
The cloaked ship was the one attached to the shuttle, which is why we didn't realize it was attached to the shuttle. Or, we kind of did: As I recall the Reunion kept insisting there were two ships on that ship, but we didn't know why.

In any case, we don't need to worry about it popping our shuttles because it's on its way to pop the Merciful Reunion.

Stories please? c:
Some inane space justice force recruited clearly unstable people to go battle alternate timeline Nazis aboard great airships. The team was teleported onto one of these airships, and promptly began causing untold havoc, and players are wont to do.

My character was a particularly deranged alien scientist, so he naturally ended up splitting off from the group, locating the bridge, and challenging the chubby captain to a duel for command of the ship. It was quite an epic duel, but in the end my sword ended up lodged in the ship's controls. That fat man could move when he wanted to.

I then attempted to retrieve my sword and slink off, which got me rightly stabbed to death. The controls were too badly damaged to function, though, so the airship ended up slowly drifting into a different, much larger airship, which was too ponderous to evade it. There was, of course, much blaring of alarms and evacuating of the vessel, which as I recall got the remnants of my team their pick of a fairly wide array of personal vessels to escape in.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

The cloaked ship was the one attached to the shuttle, which is why we didn't realize it was attached to the shuttle. Or, we kind of did: As I recall the Reunion kept insisting there were two ships on that ship, but we didn't know why.

In any case, we don't need to worry about it popping our shuttles because it's on its way to pop the Merciful Reunion.
OH MY GOODNESS so that was...err wait, that's Ka-T's ship?
Because I recall Draig mentioning a buyer's ship being pretty obviously the super defended one in scanning. But probably not Electronic warfare?

Oh. It is Ka-T's ship. Well. I've been flailing about wondering what the cloaked ship was, and nobody mentioned it until now (directly I mean, I do believe I'm pretty blunt with these due to forgetfulness x~x my apologies everyone)

Also is that story here? That sounds EPIC :D
But then I worry more now about you all ._.
Contrasting my belief of 'it isn't over until we sorely get told it is over, probably by physical force or external weaponry'.

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Stories please? c:

These are, in fact, both my games - Guns, Cash and Glory for Irony, and the much older (hello, early 2012) Bonaparte's Hounds that lawas mentioned. I don't think the latter lasted long enough to create any real stories, but there you go.

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Not entirely sure of the type of sabotage I want to do here. So many possibilities! The reactor overload/self-destruct is a classic, of course. Ideally, we'd set it to detonate after we got out of there, but if we gotta outrun an explosion, we gotta outrun an explosion. I just hope we can get the freighter's bridge doors open real quick if need be.

If Ka is still floating in space or on the Flounder and they go pick him up, seizing control of the weapons systems to shoot him out there would be fantastic. That's probably asking for too much, though. We'll see.

I'm sure it'll turn out Ka's ship is just full of free-range virulent pathogens and we're all dead the minute we step in, though. That seems appropriate.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Not entirely sure of the type of sabotage I want to do here. So many possibilities! The reactor overload/self-destruct is a classic, of course. Ideally, we'd set it to detonate after we got out of there, but if we gotta outrun an explosion, we gotta outrun an explosion. I just hope we can get the freighter's bridge doors open real quick if need be.
appropriate.
I'm kinda thinking of stuff like an indirect way of destabilizing those ships--like this one mission in XCOM: EU, wherein you have to stop an enemy BATTLESHIP from wrecking havoc in China, that thing has 6 power conduits which can be de-activated or blown up and you still get the ship.

Only time (and Draig) will tell if I get as good a scan as that to present it to you.

If Ka is still floating in space or on the Flounder and they go pick him up, seizing control of the weapons systems to shoot him out there would be fantastic. That's probably asking for too much, though. We'll see.

I'm sure it'll turn out Ka's ship is just full of free-range virulent pathogens and we're all dead the minute we step in, though. That seems appropriate.
Floaty taffy death living in space. Shore :v
Let's hope we just did permanent damage to him by decompression and the many other things space does--especially minute particle damage given what just happened. Goodness being alone in space is deadly.

And of course, let's make it obvious that Ka-T's ship didn't have time to get him up or else anyone will have known. Because it'd be weird that it goes unsaid :P And/or his folks are all grumpy and 'YAY NEW LEADERSHIP' since he was just the 'hand'.

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile

Right, Aubrey had better post an action then I guess.

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
  • A knight, returned from a journey weary and long
    • View Profile
    • Patreon

[screaming]
GM of Trespassers V2.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably browsing tasteful erotic dolphin photos
    • View Profile

Screaming?
I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---
Q: "Do you have any idea what you're doing?"
A: "No, not particularly."
Pages: 1 ... 56 57 [58] 59 60 ... 71