Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 52 53 [54] 55 56 ... 71

Author Topic: Small Mercies (OOC) | Mercenary Menageries in Space (6/[6]) [WARNING: TEXT]  (Read 106939 times)

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably browsing tasteful erotic dolphin photos
    • View Profile

EDIT: Whoo. Don't expect anything else major on the SM front until after my sister's wedding.
When's that? Also congratulations to her I guess.
I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---
Q: "Do you have any idea what you're doing?"
A: "No, not particularly."

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile

EDIT: Whoo. Don't expect anything else major on the SM front until after my sister's wedding.
When's that? Also congratulations to her I guess.

Happy post-wedding day to you! :D
I'm wondering if I've the imagery right in mind. :P

But game/SM aside, cheers for you and your family there, Draig! \o/

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile

crikey

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

crikey
I just need Boris, or you, or anyone to respond for me to make an action--even a more affirmative finding on the Sadish front from Boris can help me out since I am probably going to ask Draignean a LOT OF QUESTIONS ON WHAT and HOW I am capable with internal systems. :P

Especially in finding the lost Fin. :-[
So...we can eat that steak/roast together.
I'm already missing Ms. Dr. Cheery! D:

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile

Yep. I was away this weekend and need to read the turn again before I can post an action ;)

Excellent turn, Draignean.

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile

Right, so I think Aubrey or Boris need to get back to the Reunion superquick.

We need to get Varkonius's ship to the Reunion too, to fix everyone on board.

Kesari needs to programme a bore out of here? Where to?

I don't know what to do about the possible enemy ships.

I don't know if Aubrey/Boris can immediately help anyone else?

edit: oookay that'll have to do, I think, from where Aubrey is.
« Last Edit: March 27, 2017, 06:51:37 am by lawastooshort »

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Quick query.

Draignean, I do recall the Reunion being capable of handling A LOT of ships.
In its current state, HYPOTHETICALLY, can it handle:
> The crew of Mickaw's shuttle
> Varkonius' ship
> Boris' "Shuttle"
> Possibly a second Varkonius' ship for added size

And still be comfy for space in the interior? o_o

Quick boops to Khate and Scarlet:
>> CONVINCE VARKONIUS TO BORE INTO THE REUNION. :3
Then I fighter-bore everyone to their respective places; multiple short jumps to elude tracking. Just like Star Wars.

I don't know what to do about the possible enemy ships.
Given that Boris somehow got there without any events happening--the shuttle is quite too small to be targeted by our ship-size weapons. Unless you're the Reunion who hosts multiple technometrics for fighter/bomber targeting, I do hope that that cloaked ship can't target you. :P

Also there are civvy ships all around anyway. And the buyer's ship, if I'm not mistaking it for the cloaked ship which it isn't. Last I recall, there were around 12-ish ships in system. I think. The Cloaked one is the 13th. There were a few mercy ships on the Flounder--I think they all got eradicated though. o_O
Draig isn't confirming my posts. u_u

I don't know if Aubrey/Boris can immediately help anyone else?

edit: oookay that'll have to do, I think, from where Aubrey is.
ALARMS EVERYWHERE D: Aubrey can hack the footage to present Ka-T as the big bad dude and y'all as neutral powers//paramilitary!
Because the fallout from this will create waves in the future.

And then Tiruin had Fallen London flashbacks to how annoying the quality of Making Waves is or how to earn it steadily.
« Last Edit: March 27, 2017, 07:10:55 am by Tiruin »

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile

It's true that Boris got there uneventfully, but we can't be sure that we can get back as peacefully! And we don't know if our shuttle is much smaller than the other ship that that beam thing destroyed a while back. I wouldn't want to take any chances.

I don't know if Aubrey can do that hacking, but could try. Maybe just deleting everything except images of Ka-tuaen doing bad stuff.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

It's true that Boris got there uneventfully, but we can't be sure that we can get back as peacefully! And we don't know if our shuttle is much smaller than the other ship that that beam thing destroyed a while back. I wouldn't want to take any chances.

I don't know if Aubrey can do that hacking, but could try. Maybe just deleting everything except images of Ka-tuaen doing bad stuff.
Well talking is a free action so I request you all use it to its limits, NOW.
Like one: GET SITUATIONAL AWARENESS D:
> Khate/Scarlet <-> Aubrey and the rest of the away team.
> Request imminent bore from Varky's ship, as Ka-T is still space spaghetti--his alpha bodyguards must be downed or having a doozy with Kes' vault of ForbiddenKhateThings.
> Boop Boris on the nose because he may be grumpy.
> Get the shuttle bored back too.
> Probably communicate with Kesari on ship.

>>? Probably get Mickaw's team out first? But Mickaw is nowhere to be found since I forgot where Boris put him.
That may be IC because I designed Kesari as forgetful. >_> I picked from a pool of stuff to design characters on and it's that one thing that had to be randomly picked.

==+==
OF COURSE I'm all energetic and think-y when the dangers are passed, and probably feel a bit more useful in thinking about noticing stuff. THANKS FORGETFULNESS :I AND MAYBE ANXIETY. AND MAYBE SETTING DOWN FAMILIARITY SO I HAVE MY SPACE-LEGS [It's like sea legs, on ships ._.;]
* Tiruin rumbles and rolls around as ideas pass by her in working with all of this quite well.
« Last Edit: March 27, 2017, 08:38:42 am by Tiruin »

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably browsing tasteful erotic dolphin photos
    • View Profile

I assume from what we've been told about Neos up to this point that Claw anatomy is basically the same as non-sentient felid anatomy except for brain function and palate differences? Meaning that treating our panther friend should be analagous to treating an abnormally large Claw.

Mostly, yes. Sort of like how a chimp or a neanderthal man would still have mostly the same wiring as a human- at least below the neck. It's a logical assumption that a sticker made for a Claw would work on a big cat.

Quote from: Tir
I wonder if my naming was okay though. I'm sort of :-[ at being named DJ Subwoof ._.;

The fact that Kari was once known as DJ Subwoof might be my favorite thing about her.

This would be an excellent idea that no one has really addressed yet.

Quick query.

> Varkonius' ship
> Boris' "Shuttle"

Yes.

Given that Boris somehow got there without any events happening--the shuttle is quite too small to be targeted by our ship-size weapons. Unless you're the Reunion who hosts multiple technometrics for fighter/bomber targeting, I do hope that that cloaked ship can't target you. :P

And herein is the problem with space. Unless you have some form of stealth tech, you're always painfully visible. Between tracking missiles and directed energy weapons, it's pretty easy to hit a shuttle.

The shuttle is much smaller. The peace-keeping vessel could probably have fielded a half-dozen shuttles.

I probably missed things I should have replied to, but hey my brain is still recombobulating.
I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---
Q: "Do you have any idea what you're doing?"
A: "No, not particularly."

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

This would be an excellent idea that no one has really addressed yet.
[...]
I think I did! :P In the tons of actions I tried to do in the past and probably overloaded you that you only did one at a time.

Quote from: Tir
I wonder if my naming was okay though. I'm sort of :-[ at being named DJ Subwoof ._.;

The fact that Kari was once known as DJ Subwoof might be my favorite thing about her.[/quote]I began typing secret backstories in 2016, thanks to encouragement from Dwarmin, adwarf, SC, IronyOwl, Skyrunner, and a lot of other awesome folks ever since I got feedback on my anxiety and stuff. u_u
Seeing encouragement boosts my resistance to anxiety by 500%! :D

Quick query.

> Varkonius' ship
> Boris' "Shuttle"

Yes.
Can a ship--assuming Varky's ship is the biggest size--bore INTO the hangar? (Assuming everyone biological is cleared from the ensuing radiation; can the radiation be scrubbed away? :P)
Because that was one of the humorous ideas that hit me back then, that I had forgotten to be more direct about asking when I mentioned the 'tandem bore jump'; two ships of matching or near precise velocity making a bore jump; the Reunion battle/carrier computer carries over the direction and placement (just like I assume it did with its fighters/bombers back in the day) and then places it in the hangar.
Although I may have forgotten how trajectory and momentum works there too since the hangar is open into space and many other factors like the engines burning or superheating the inside and all. >_>

I'm fine, Scarlet has 30 minutes to live. We're on Varkonius' ship and he is most likely coming aboard the Reunion to have Sadish treat his panther.

If you and the hostages are able, suggest leaving immediately.
If nobody tells Kesari this, we're in the SECOND PHASE of the Killer_Prologue, By: Draignean.
:P
Because wow has nobody told me this.
And wow are we DOOMED IF WE DON'T FIND SADISH.

In 30 minutes or less. Find Sadish in 10 for the highest rank available, and get premium squijium as a gift!
Goodness I blame you Draig for filling me with all these game-y advertisements.

Summary: Someone should tell Kesari about Khate/Scarlet's whereabouts--she assumed y'all got them safely or are with Varkonius as an ally. (As I do presume she could subtly see the allied movements before the video feed died and decompressed)
As in, tell her you're on his SHIP so she can contact him through a secure channel.

And to help not strain Draignean's nerves and neurons, here's a rather basic plan of Kesari's in order of priority.
>> Calculate jump coordinates Compute bore solutions. (Goodness have I been playing a lot of Sins of a Solar Empire lately)
>> Get away team + Hostages (both are important) back home
>> Get Mickaw's team away safely alongside bore coordinates for us to just do an interstellar 'told you so; we're alive, Ka-T is not that scary, Mickaw needs therapy'
> Search for the Star using the Reunion's scanners
> Situational awareness on local ships and enemies or presumed dangers

IF Varky's situation is realized:
>>> Act out the movie: FINDING SADISH.
>>> Try to scan out the Cloaked Ship//Ka-T or whomever got space'd, alongside what had happened to the rest of the mercenaries of Wilcox and co. And Wilcox. And his ship. And the Flounder.
>> Talk with mickaw's team and himself; get them oriented on the change of plans (if they haven't blasted off yet), and try to diplomacy their aid...which I do believe would require RP.
>> Debug Initiate Decon procedures. Decontamination! We don't know how Vera-bug works other than Sadish (because Kari is forgetful)
>> Err, try to provide a calm atmosphere to hope he doesn't kill us all.
>> Try not to worry too much about Khate because of admiration and other matters and Scarlet because everyone is female other than Boris

...This is hopefully enough for a basic outline :O
« Last Edit: March 28, 2017, 05:46:34 am by Tiruin »

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile

Hopefully that's enough info at the moment for Mickaw's troops to know what's what...

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I'm pretty sure only one of Mickaw's dudes is alive and unharmed. Er, I think one of the two our ship mutants took down was also barely alive when I saw them, but I kinda just waltzed past, so who knows now.
Russia is simply taking an anti-Fascist stance against European Nazi products, they should be applauded. ¡No parmesan!

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I'm pretty sure only one of Mickaw's dudes is alive and unharmed. Er, I think one of the two our ship mutants took down was also barely alive when I saw them, but I kinda just waltzed past, so who knows now.
Woo!
Oh my goodness, that means Kesari is busy spending her time dealing with them communicating stuff like that to each other. :I
:P

Hopefully that's enough info at the moment for Mickaw's troops to know what's what...

Got your typo; all is well.
Now to worry being the literal only person on board the ship.
Sadish is busy anyway.

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile

Haha I thougt you meant rescured.

I won't correct myself.
Pages: 1 ... 52 53 [54] 55 56 ... 71