Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 51 52 [53] 54 55 ... 71

Author Topic: Small Mercies (OOC) | Mercenary Menageries in Space (6/[6]) [WARNING: TEXT]  (Read 106908 times)

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
  • A knight, returned from a journey weary and long
    • View Profile
    • Patreon

i'm not sure whether to be hyped or terrified
GM of Trespassers V2.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile

Khate's inappropriate videos... oh my. I don't even want to know what she's into...

So, I think that's everyone. I'll start working...

I don't but Kesari is secretly into everyone because y'all are cool dudes.
But that's freedom for you, Draig! :P

I'm not even anywhere near the scary regenerating Cane and I'm terrified already ._.;
Especially by what Boris' will do.
And then mini turn maybe :3

ey, there's plenty of epic symphonic metal that works for your purpose!
YEEEEEEES :))

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably browsing tasteful erotic dolphin photos
    • View Profile

I feel like I'm racking up a considerable number of character that I need to apologize to and buy flowers for.

Probably won't finish tonight, and my sister's is on Saturday, so it might be a couple days before I finish. Plenty of time for Dwarmin to beat me to the punch with an update to ASOF.
I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---
Q: "Do you have any idea what you're doing?"
A: "No, not particularly."

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Hyperrified, for when superrified just doesn't cut it.

I'm also terrified of what Boris will do. But also of what everyone else will do.
Russia is simply taking an anti-Fascist stance against European Nazi products, they should be applauded. ¡No parmesan!

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile

I feel like I'm racking up a considerable number of character that I need to apologize to and buy flowers for.
Oh dear.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Also, Ka-Taeun's speech effect takes up WAY too many characters. This next turn is a two parter, not because the direct length in terms of words, but because of ridiculous expansion caused by him talking.

I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile

Uh oh. That probably still means he's either ranting or gloating a lot. Neither of those sound like he's been harmlessly blown into space and nobody is being slowly flayed from the inside out for inconveniencing him.
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Also, Ka-Taeun's speech effect takes up WAY too many characters. This next turn is a two parter, not because the direct length in terms of words, but because of ridiculous expansion caused by him talking.
Oh no. . .
Uh oh. That probably still means he's either ranting or gloating a lot. Neither of those sound like he's been harmlessly blown into space and nobody is being slowly flayed from the inside out for inconveniencing him.
He's a certified BOSS CHARACTER, IO! D:
This probably means Unskippable cutscenes! Cutscenes for time where we can do more actions!

I'm getting a Mass Effect Saren feel from him already.

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

What do you know, I'm done. Well, just need to do the pass for my obligatory typos and othersuch. I admit I made Kesari's action a bit more... active than it was probably intended. Ah, well, hindsight is 10/30.

This probably means Unskippable cutscenes! Cutscenes for time where we can do more actions!

Hey, Saren was a good guy at heart, he just got reaped.

EDIT: Whoo. Don't expect anything else major on the SM front until after my sister's wedding.
« Last Edit: March 24, 2017, 04:36:34 pm by Draignean »
---

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

What do you know, I'm done. Well, just need to do the pass for my obligatory typos and othersuch. I admit I made Kesari's action a bit more... active than it was probably intended. Ah, well, hindsight is 10/30.

Hey, Saren was a good guy at heart, he just got reaped.
I know! :D
When I played ME1 (...for some reason after ME2, but only at the start because it was on my older brother's computer since I had no access to games for forever, before it even got on Steam), it was things like Saren's story that helped grow my empathy and all x3

It's...sadly the last parts that I was referring to. When you meet him on the Citadel. :-\ :'(

Also in regards to the IC--I finally don't have to jump into the OOC and panic at this update. :P
I wonder if my naming was okay though. I'm sort of :-[ at being named DJ Subwoof ._.;

Because of the pun.

Who were the two dudes that got bashed in by Boris? o_O
They were...before Aubrey and all the folks were seen right?

Yo Draig, is it reasonable to infer that I got footage of Boris and Aubrey and the rest and me radio'ing an audiofile to the rest of the away team? Implicitly this also gives Varky a message from us, but I don't know that. :D

3. The value of Khate's footage spiked faster than a hedgehog in a brothel.
Oh my goodness Khate is going to SELL BIG MONEY from these things on the- whatever you call the intergalactic internet.
It's even loaded with non-scripted puns and humor! That battle with Wilcox and the evidence of Ka-Taeun will strike FEAR and WOE and...I do believe we even have the ol' assumed GM choice of who to sell to. :P

Much like:
[Probably a bit of info in the scenario if ever Khate could sell off her footage and the Reunion PC found possible buyers, ending with a possible "who do you aim to contact first" or something along finding buyers]
A. Al-Loy. The footage and data of who had destroyed their security in [this system] would be invaluable to them.
B. The [local military?], information on possible Alpha-level technology would aid their efforts and technology base.
C. The [internet] at large, people would enjoy this new footage of mercenaries at work.

And then somebody inquires if that could be a part-time job for money, something unexpected as a whole.

Honestly the thought never hit me in reading back until I saw that one mention about Khate's footage.

Anyway, I love these descriptions. They're creatively gold!
Ka-Taeun was barely recognizable. He wasn't a Cane anymore, he was some sort of bizarre fuzzy rainbow colored space caterpillar, growing towards Khate at a surprisingly rapid pace.
I can only imagine how that'd work at a molecular or even a bigger, cellular level. Somehow the memory of this one Spiderman movie I watched hit me--about the. . .err, black spiderman and one scene where they were showing an enlarged microscopic view of a blackish cell bopping all the other cells like an amoeba.
« Last Edit: March 24, 2017, 05:02:25 pm by Tiruin »

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Hooooo boy. That was intense. And hilarious. We could specialize in humiliating dangerous people from now on oh wait that's a terrible idea let's do it anyway

Russia is simply taking an anti-Fascist stance against European Nazi products, they should be applauded. ¡No parmesan!

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Hooooo boy. That was intense. And hilarious. We could specialize in humiliating dangerous people from now on oh wait that's a terrible idea let's do it anyway
We just did o_o
I don't...think he'll forget this anytime soon.

Especially given Mickaw's data info about what he planned to do. Like. . .err, sell a moon to someone.

That said, IronyOwl, did you plan to sell off that footage? :D Sorry for the random thought though, Draig's mention of porcupines somehow strangely got me thinking that way. I didn't even parse the brothel part.

Doubleedit:
OH MY GOODNESS IT IS A TWO-PART POST.
I didn't catch onto that as I scrolled into the bottom >_> and then wondered 'wait where's Draig's mention of Ka-T's words and the other people's turn?' alongside remembering his mention of the two part post at the same time.
Then I scrolled up from Aubrey's bits. This is quite amazing.

Tripleedit: Ka-T's expression when the advertising hits will be a 'realistic' (in-world) hit.
Please be safe, Khate and company!
"You," Varkonius hissed, pointing a finger directly at Khate. "What do you know about medicine?"
I wish Sadish were at the C&C room so we can talk with Khate through this by proxy. :-X
Actually Sadish is extremely needed given the scope of what's being dealt with given two people in another mercy's ship.
Although I've always wondered about everyone's medical potential skills--if I'd rate Kesari on a scale from 1-20, she knows basic medical aid as per military training, but nothing in depth aside from anatomy and otherwise--diseases are outright unknown other than prevention. So...8? I don't know how to work with my own suggested scale.

Also that part in Varky's post--this is why I dislike swearing. :P That was a nice touch, Draig.
« Last Edit: March 24, 2017, 06:06:20 pm by Tiruin »

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
  • A knight, returned from a journey weary and long
    • View Profile
    • Patreon

I assume from what we've been told about Neos up to this point that Claw anatomy is basically the same as non-sentient felid anatomy except for brain function and palate differences? Meaning that treating our panther friend should be analagous to treating an abnormally large Claw.
GM of Trespassers V2.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile

Oh that was amazing and glorious.

EDIT: Whoo. Don't expect anything else major on the SM front until after my sister's wedding.
When's that? Also congratulations to her I guess.

"Is the bully who stole your lunch money now a feared warlord? Were you recently fired by an insane scientist developing weapons to murder entire planets? Does the heartless cad you dumped you now appear to be a writhing abomination whose vile machinations promise the dawning of a glorious and terrible new era? Well then contact the Merciful Reunion today! Normal mercy teams die or complete their mission in a dignified manner, but the Merciful Reunion is different. Leveraging our poor judgement and ramshackle equipment, our band of crack outcasts will work tirelessly to humiliate and enrage entities best never encountered in the first place. Because here at the Merciful Reunion, no target is too dangerous or embroiled in world-shattering events for your petty revenge. Call today!"

That said, IronyOwl, did you plan to sell off that footage? :D Sorry for the random thought though, Draig's mention of porcupines somehow strangely got me thinking that way. I didn't even parse the brothel part.
I assume that's going to Dead Neo Running. Where's your fancy-pants plot now Goliath Falls?! Explosions win at everything!

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

"Is the bully who stole your lunch money now a feared warlord? Were you recently fired by an insane scientist developing weapons to murder entire planets? Does the heartless cad you dumped you now appear to be a writhing abomination whose vile machinations promise the dawning of a glorious and terrible new era? Well then contact the Merciful Reunion today! Normal mercy teams die or complete their mission in a dignified manner, but the Merciful Reunion is different. Leveraging our poor judgement and ramshackle equipment, our band of crack outcasts will work tirelessly to humiliate and enrage entities best never encountered in the first place. Because here at the Merciful Reunion, no target is too dangerous or embroiled in world-shattering events for your petty revenge. Call today!"
I'll have it noted IC that Kesari never handled the advertising--just the coding beneath it. I (and her) could never come up with this :3
It's brilliant!

Also just a situation check/recap:
Part of the Flounder is decompressed into space--supposedly station lockdown happened too, and any remaining staff are huddled away safely, or are in our arms (since there was no note about others being flung into space); any mercenaries of Wilcox' are...dead? I didn't read about or see them post-Aubrey-grenade. Wilcox is also spaced after being flung into one of Ka-T's Alpha Crows. Ka-T's bodyguards and himself are into space and busy being elongated taffy. Scarlet and Khate are on Varky's ship--the rest of the away team is with Aubrey and they all (alongside all hostages and Varky's goat) meet Boris and his shuttle after Boris docks at a point in the Station.
> Possible problem is that cloaked ship. I'm in the impression that it's at a relative location in between the Reunion and the Flounder.
> The Buyer's Ship is Ka-T's right? It's also docked on the Station.
> Wilcox' ship is also on the station and assumedly, most of his crew were those mercenaries that [something happened to them].

Vark's ship is still safely docked. The Reunion is...I don't think I made a 'go on course to the Station!' action yet--but Boris did it.
Sadish and I are the only folks on ship alongside Mickaw and a rather nice second-in-command of his who cordially let us grab a shuttle after implied chat between Kesari and the shuttle crew +Mickaw's orders.

On-ship, Boris finds out the remains of Mickaw's two crew members and Sadish--and one casualty of our ship's original 'crew'. Since then, he's the only person who has gotten these weird thoughts and feelings; he did not report this weird stuff to anyone yet. Mickaw's crew doesn't know of the two's fate presumably...but they're all comm linked so ???
Also Sadish is busy being awesomely fine in discovering the secrets of the ship, its AI, and some special effects that will come useful later on.

Also Kesari is pretty free in her actions right now! :D
What can I do. :I Since...we still can't bore anyone at the Flounder back, unless Varkonius is helpful in driving a bore alongside his own ship to our position while I make a tandem bore OUT OF HERE as soon as Vark's ship sync's with ours--the cloaked ship probably doesn't have the time to break our encryption to intercept or interrupt unless it chooses to bore near us and do stuff; the Reunion is on the edge of the system however. [So it's assumed Kes bored Boris' shuttle nearer to the Flounder, I believe?]

Possible wounded who require treatment right now are:
> Scarlet
> Varky's kitty (else we lose both Scarlet and Khate)
> Probably Varky's Goat, since it is important maybe?
> Mickaw, I guess. I think I'll spend Kesari's current action in getting Mickaw back to safety and the medbay; Canes together!
> Everyone else, in that order of priority.

Did I miss anything? :O
Pages: 1 ... 51 52 [53] 54 55 ... 71