Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 41 42 [43] 44 45 ... 71

Author Topic: Small Mercies (OOC) | Mercenary Menageries in Space (6/[6]) [WARNING: TEXT]  (Read 106881 times)

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
Re: Small Mercies (OOC) | Mercenary Menageries in Space (6/[6]) [WARNING: TEXT]
« Reply #630 on: January 30, 2017, 05:47:32 am »

o_O
Mystery trait?
...entry for the ship design process, maybe?
I thought his trait was the ship itself and choice of stuff. XD I mean, someone who can choose FINE dining (I just expected a supply of food)...forever quite a long time is already something on a scale of epic to me. (Yeah. Food.)

Time to find out what the rest of the folks' traits are. :I

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile
« Reply #631 on: January 30, 2017, 05:55:53 am »

Yes! Although I don't think that will come just yet.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #632 on: January 30, 2017, 06:00:43 am »

Yes! Although I don't think that will come just yet.
I'm betting Draig has plans for everyone--waitlisters or us currently alive and playing :P

:I
Draignean schemes are my downfall. I am very susceptible to wittiness D:

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #633 on: January 30, 2017, 08:00:32 am »

I chose as my ship trait to have something mysterious and unknown (but hopefully beneficial) in it, yeah. It seems to have turned out well.

I have absolutely no idea where Kesari's plan will take us. Every time I feel like I have a grasp on the situation, things take a sudden turn to the unexpected. I kinda dig it.
« Last Edit: January 30, 2017, 08:02:43 am by Digital Hellhound »
Russia is simply taking an anti-Fascist stance against European Nazi products, they should be applauded. ¡No parmesan!

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #634 on: January 30, 2017, 05:07:23 pm »

I chose as my ship trait to have something mysterious and unknown (but hopefully beneficial) in it, yeah. It seems to have turned out well.

I have absolutely no idea where Kesari's plan will take us. Every time I feel like I have a grasp on the situation, things take a sudden turn to the unexpected. I kinda dig it.
Heeey :I Me neither--I had no idea where your plan would take us too; we're working with what we have right now since I can't and couldn't come up with how to extract our away team.

So hence why I'm rocking in my seat and being really paranoid in Draig's general direction. He's setting us up like a good GM! We've to work with what we have! D:

...Also does our hanger have a catapult or manual launch mechanism? It's the only part of our ship that's military designed as far as I recall?

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #635 on: January 30, 2017, 05:40:46 pm »

My plan was just to get the person guarding the bomb to not detonate it, either by talking them down or with exploding drone to the face. We could then figure out a way to get the away team to safety without this threat hanging over our heads.

...Also does our hanger have a catapult or manual launch mechanism? It's the only part of our ship that's military designed as far as I recall?

Are you thinking of flinging the shuttle out with that? Because that would be a brilliantly simple way to resolve this.

Russia is simply taking an anti-Fascist stance against European Nazi products, they should be applauded. ¡No parmesan!

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably browsing tasteful erotic dolphin photos
    • View Profile
« Reply #636 on: January 31, 2017, 01:01:26 pm »

No, the reactor, bore drive, and sublight engines are from the carrier. The hangar is from the Starset Resort. Essentially, the back half of a carrier got grafted on to provide the Starset (originally an orbital with only minimal mobility) with the ability to move like an ordinary vessel.

Catapult launch systems make a little less sense in space. Catapult launch systems are needed in atmo because atmospheric vessels need to hit a certain minimum speed before their wings start working. In space, you don't need that. You might want an injector system so you can get a fighter's reactor 'hot' without waiting (if your fighter is large enough to support a full reactor), or a launch system that would allow to deploy vast numbers at once, but the initial speed of the fighter is not the critical concern it is in atmospheric carriers.

So hence why I'm rocking in my seat and being really paranoid in Draig's general direction. He's setting us up like a good GM! We've to work with what we have! D:

Bah! No need to be paranoid, no need at all.

Hush now. It will all be over soon.
I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---
Q: "Do you have any idea what you're doing?"
A: "No, not particularly."

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #637 on: January 31, 2017, 08:47:04 pm »

Are you thinking of flinging the shuttle out with that? Because that would be a brilliantly simple way to resolve this.
I was thinking more 'aircraft carrier' catapult mechanism but that's nice imagery :P

Catapult launch systems make a little less sense in space. Catapult launch systems are needed in atmo because atmospheric vessels need to hit a certain minimum speed before their wings start working. In space, you don't need that. You might want an injector system so you can get a fighter's reactor 'hot' without waiting (if your fighter is large enough to support a full reactor), or a launch system that would allow to deploy vast numbers at once, but the initial speed of the fighter is not the critical concern it is in atmospheric carriers.
But...but using the velocity and an aiming catapult (helps initial velocity) would aid bore drive jumping, and right after the aiming of the bore drive...as that's how I understood our carrier-bore tactical system, they can then use their engines which would be a lot more efficient than just using their engines straight from the start o_O

But aww :< No 'fling them out' now...

Bah! No need to be paranoid, no need at all.

* Tiruin paranoids HARDER.
Those last sentences. So ominous. :I

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #638 on: January 31, 2017, 09:07:18 pm »

Yes, I'm sure it'll be that clean. No bioradioactive horrors questing through the void for revenge and delicious neo meats, no sir.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #639 on: January 31, 2017, 09:12:45 pm »

Yes, I'm sure it'll be that clean. No bioradioactive horrors questing through the void for revenge and delicious neo meats, no sir.
I'm expecting that one of our plans actually work, and we get to escape the clutches of these OP Antagonist foes by a thread. :P

Also we gain probably 1 or 2 shuttles with modified reactors to experiment on, and maybe extra (temporary) crew.
Or find the TERRORS OF BORE JUMPING and stuff :P

But...yeah. Part of the idea is getting y'all out :P
...I've no idea if the away team is near to the hangar or where they parked the Sled and all. Is the sled faster than one of these fission-bomb shuttles? Maneuver stats + atmo effectivity stats?

Goodness I really wonder what got one of those shuttles to explode rather...badly near-planet, and how it's correlated with Varky being D: in that one cutscene. I feel like seeing a Reaper taking off and going 'oh dear .-.' at this point![/ME1]

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #640 on: February 01, 2017, 03:04:04 am »

Well, I expected to be able to run a turn today, hence me going all merchant of menace, but that didn't happen. Tomorrow, perhaps, but that's not guaranteed.
I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile
« Reply #641 on: February 01, 2017, 05:40:24 am »

Oh no! Have a lovely day though, Draignean

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #642 on: February 01, 2017, 10:22:18 am »

If it's any consolation, I am also shirking my creative responsibilities.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile
« Reply #643 on: February 01, 2017, 01:29:48 pm »

Ha! Me too.

Wait, I mean I am 50% through my latest turn, to be factually correct.

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #644 on: February 01, 2017, 05:33:28 pm »

50% Through-ish. Also, I just realized that I missed a minor action from Law (the gunlocks) and thus missed the opportunity to clarify any possible confusion as to room shape and enemy distribution.

Oh well.
---
Pages: 1 ... 41 42 [43] 44 45 ... 71